Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I would say The Village by M Night Shyamalan is a good fit for this thread.
Nothing that will make you jump out of your seat but the atmosphere is just what it should be, oppressive.

Not a great movie but still fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya that looked interesting but the trailer was a bit too revealing imo. Should have just shown the parents acting a bit weird and not going full psycho which kinda ruins the suspense of the movie.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 22, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Snak posted:

Like, for example, this comment would if someone didn't watch the trailer...

Oh my bad for spoiling a trailer.

I was actually hoping this to be some sort of dark comedy but it seems to be taking itself too serious.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

But a dark comedy ultimately has a meaningful premise or message it wants to deliver. What is this movie about? Racism? Cults? If it is on racism that has to be the most cartoonish look on racism ever. Basically white people want to enslave black people. I don't think racism today has anything to do with that and more about class divide in some states.

Well I am no expert on modern day Racism issues in US but this movie doesn't seem good at all. If it was suppose to be a suspenseful/thriller type movie they ruined all the plot in the trailer. Imagine Se7en's trailer showing the box scene and Kevin Spacey as the bad guy basically the trailer for this movie ruined what this type of movie was going for.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I agree the movie has some components that are very relevant to modern day Racism but I guess it all depends on the execution of the movie. Still interested in it because Peele was writer on Keanu which was legitmatiely good. I was surprised they managed to make a decent comedy movie even though they were specialized in skits.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mary had a little clam posted:

Whoops it was one of the best horror/thrillers of the last decade!

It was pretty good and I love Jordan Peele so glad to be proven wrong.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is The Game with Michael Douglas with this category? I don't know if I should watch it but I am a fan of Fincher.

Also are there any other movies like TimeCrimes?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I already saw Triangle due to this thread a long time ago. Agreed its a blast.

Talking about timetravel movies. There is a time travel thriller that is low budget and it has like 3 roomates who discover a time travel machine.At first they have fun with it and do good stuff but soon poo poo hits the fan. Its actually interesting but I forgot the name. I think someone in this thread recommended it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Probably time lapse
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2669336/

Its ok, a solid 5/10 film

Oh ya thats it. Its nothing special but like u said a good popcorn flick. The story is pretty good despite it being really low budget.

Coherence is also superb. I showed it to so many friends. Going blind into Coherence is also recommended if you show it to anyone.

• Locked thread