Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Strange Days is a scifi crime thriller that is almost literally psychological: the story is facilitated by a small device that, when placed on the head, records the wearer's experiences and allows others to relive them in full five-senses immersion, as if the memories are their own.

"Set in the year 1999 during the last days of the old millenium, the movie tells the story of Lenny Nero, an ex-cop who now deals with data-discs containing recorded memories and emotions. One day he receives a disc which contains the memories of a murderer killing a prostitute. Lenny investigates and is pulled deeper and deeper in a whirl of blackmail, murder and rape. Will he survive and solve the case?"

It's set in Los Angeles and weaves through themes of voyeurism, police brutality, sadism and racism that feels more grounded and authentic than a lot of regular crime dramas I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

After watching the trailer for "Clown", it got me thinking - there aren't many horror movies where a good person slowly turns into evil due to some external force. Can anybody recommend some movies that have that sort of premise?

The Amityville Horror, and now that I think about it DOOM also qualifies, heh.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sounds like the CSIs: NYC/Miami crossover to me. I'm in.

• Locked thread