Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pixaal posted:

Its awesome unless you are expecting to to grab a show just after it airs I think it only checked your indexes once an hour, so if you have to watch it now you will have to do a manual refresh.

Is Canada airing some shows a little bit early at the moment? I've noticed stuff being grabbed being anyone even live chats about the episode in TVIV.

I miss the days of getting Simpsons early as hell because of wildfeeds, and WWE shows having about 20 minute s of rehearsal footage and extra bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unless you're being traffic shaped or any other tricks the ISPs pull.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My combo of Newshosting (Highwinds) and a BlockNews account that's a few years old is still going strong. Managed to pull a set of files that were 1,480 days old the other day and came down without a hitch. Plus I share the account with a friend (different IP) so I only pay about $7 a month, really can't complain.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just noticed that ever since I updated SickBeard to latest Windows (Build 497), it's dumping anything it grabs that uses airdate and not sXXeXX into the shows root folder, not its year. Anyone else seeing this?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Gunslinger posted:

Config->Post Processing, Under naming change it to whatever you want. He changed the default awhile ago, no clue why.

I changed it to Custom and use "Season %0S/%SN - %Sx%0E - %EN" since my structure is basically Root\ShowName\Season 0x\.

There's also a toggle to name Air by dates differently.

Good catch, for some reason the new build stripped out the %0Y/ that used to be there. Will find out on Tuesday if the fix works!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm on 100mbit and my speed varies greatly. Could be my provider being hard pushed at the time, or the ISP slowing me down because I live in a very busy area for cable internet. Overnight I'll hit between 8-10MB/sec most of the time, which is pretty ace when you've got SickBeard doing quality replacements etc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there any way to add shows that aren't on TVDB? Something I want to grab for a few weeks is completely locked down as of January and I found the forum thread where the mods are being their usual rear end in a top hat selves and refusing to unlock it.

I could just dump it into an unsorted folder, but would be useful to know of alternatives in case I ever need something added more permanently.

edit:

For the above poster -

mysterbin.com lets you look through individual groups and binsearch.info is pretty decent and browsing through headers. Both free with no registration needed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You're going over your limit for the time of day and Virgin are capping you. Only the 100mbit line is completely exempt from this (and I still see wild variations in speed at different times of day on usenet). No tricks you can do to get around this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jqim posted:

VM still seems to be capping me at 1.8mb/s I switched ports from 563 to 443 and it wen back up to 3.7 for a little while then went back down to 1.8mb/s . Restarted and tried 563 again and it went don to 0.7. If the speeds where more random I would be less suspicious, but what I think is going on is VM are sniffing out the trafic and periodically throttling it.

Sucks, but..

In all fairness 1.8 is still pretty fast all things considered, am i right or just claiming sour grapes?

No, as per my previous post you're going over your allocation for that time of day and are being capped. It has nothing to do with content/ports, it's because you're on a low tier subscription with them.

Looks like they've updated the T&Cs to cap even the 100mbit lines now when we hit 20gb.

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/STM_30Mb_above_800pxB.jpg

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Have been with newshosting for years and not had issues for a long time. Have a blocknews account for repairs and that's fine. Some companies file DMCA requests so this helps to counter those on older file. Regularly grab stuff close to 4 years old with little issue.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So those who use non-binary builds of Sickbeard, have they added 1080p WEB-DL to the dropdowns yet? I'm not entirely sold, on my 27" iMac screen I'm not seeing a huge difference between the 720p and 1080p versions from a brief check, and the fact they won't stream to my Apple TV due to crappy wireless networking here means I might hold off, but it is tempting to add that to the list of preferred formats.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, the file sizes seem to be around 1GB compared to a 700MB file before. I recall talk of them using a different encoding profile for better compression though, I'll try the same comparison on my plasma to see if it's worthwhile jumping to.

Have considered the powerline plugs, might have to nose around and see if anyone here has them to trial with. I'm presuming our electricity supply is pretty clean here despite the age of the house, as it kinda caught fire a few years ago and I think all of that was redone. The main culprit is our ISP provided router (Virgin Media with a rebadged and lacking in features Netgear) is dreadful so I have an old Linksys wired into it to provide wifi for upstairs, but unfortunately saps the signal down to G band. I'll probably just tape up some cat5 and have it go under my door at some point and not have to deal with the wireless at all then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think BTI tops out at 40mbit or so? We're on the Virgin 100mbit service and to be honest it's generally pretty good (we're in an oversubscribed area due to students, but we get at least 50mbit at worst and the full 100 on a good day). I never really cared for DSL that much whenever I've had it, been with Virgin about 10 years now and I'm pretty satisfied. We'll probably swap the router out at some point and run it in modem mode.

I bought an ASUS router for my parents a few years back, seems OK the few times I've had to mess about with it. The only bad thing was Argos' fault - it came preinstalled with someone elses DSL details on it, despite being sold as new. Gits.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How would that benefit them, other than provide a direct link to people who are committing crimes?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Scene groups do not upload anything to usenet, those are just people who have access to files whether it be from source or elsewhere.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone else seeing this with Couch Potato? I add something to my list requesting 1080p, it grabs it and downloads it fine, but then it seems to think it only has a DVD Rip and keeps the entry in my 'Wanted' list, even though it has exactly what I asked for.

Doesn't do it with everything, but has done to quite a few things. Running the latest version of the Windows binary, with no updates available.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Granite Octopus posted:

Quoting this as I have the same issue, and I have no idea how to go about fixing it :(

In my case I'm using nzb.su as my indexer and Sickbeard.

If it's what I'm thinking of, then you can do the following (manually, although I think there might be some automation fixes you can employ, I just don't need it very often so haven't looked into it much)

Name of Show - s01e01-02 - HD TV.mkv

This will tell Sickbeard that both episodes 1 and 2 on the TVDb listing are in the same file. You can then hand edit the nfo file to put a timecode so it knows where episode 2 starts if you trigger it from XBMC directly (I think episode 1 will play into episode 2 automatically, rather than cut out at this point).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

nzbs.org is up, but nothing coming up when I search or hit the categories. Anyone else having this issue?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like it's back to normal now, glad it was just a partial outage and not a sign of bad things to come!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tide posted:

OK, this is getting old...Whenever I get to the last 20 percent or so, my speed takes an absolute poo poo on itself and slows down to 25-50 KB/s. Using astraweb on Comcast.

I get this issue if I use Unison as my client, it seems to be happy using lots of connections but has a very slow speed (say 20KB/sec) per connection, so when most of the files have completed it takes an age to complete the final chunk. Try SAB if you're not using that already. Can't see how it would be an ISP issue as they wouldn't know you were nearing completion.

Laserface posted:

I dont know if its just couch potato or what, but it probably is given the symptoms.

every download I start with CP magically downloads at like 500MB/sec and then fails. My connection is only good for up to 12MB/sec.

started the same download manually using the same nzb and its fine.

what gives?

I find files 'download' at a stupid high speed like that when there's missing files (bad uploads or DMCA takedowns), but it's odd you're able to use the same file to get a working fileset. Presuming you're using SAB to do the downloading with, what's it saying as the fault reason in the history log?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Easy solultion: you can't. Or you set the drive with the latest season as the drive, and just mark everything that's on another drive as Archived.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My first provider (ClaraNet) had 3 days of retention. On regular internet, if you didn't catch what you wanted on day 1, you probably wouldn't get it. Insane how things have changed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bang3r posted:

I would so donate heavily to a goon run indexer :smith:

Probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to put together. I've got code that validates signups against a random string put in the profile field on here, so wouldn't be difficult to make it 'SA Only'.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you grab TV on a regular basis, it's really worth sitting down and converting everything over to Sickbeard and letting it handle it from then out. Put a weekend aside and you'll pretty much never have to think about it again, which is kinda awesome.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is that one of those shows where scene naming scheme doesn't match what thetvdb uses? I think there's manual things you can put in play that resolves those (I saw someone mention one for American Dad anyway, as TVDB is +1 season ahead of every other goddamn person on the planet for their own dumbass reasons).

XBMC and the programs that work with it is one of the few times I look at community and open source projects and think 'wow, it's awesome when things come together'. Then I look at TheTVDB and remember how 99.9% of these kinds of projects are ruined by power hungry idiots with stupid opinions.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ClassH posted:

Did sickbeard add something for this? I pretty have to do one show manually but this would be good.

I don't think it's part of an official build, it's just an addon someone made. If I can find information on it, I'll post up a link.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Quality, I should set it up and give it a whirl myself. Hopefully the other poster will see this too!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you're on an updated version of Sab, you can change the priorities for those to 'Stop' at least, just to get them starting post process.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kri kri posted:

For people having issues with CP, I have switched from using it to just using dognzb Movies watchlist and having it check my IMDB wishlist.

Does iMDB's Watchlist work now then? I've found it unreliable as hell, and it's why I stopped using it to feed CP. It definitely wasn't CP at fault - every time I used an RSS reader on the watchlist link, it'd either show 0 or 1 movie at most. iMDB seemed to acknowledge it's broken as hell but never seemed to do anything about it.

CP is playing up for me, keeps thinking it's snatched NZBs when it hasn't, will have a tinker on the weekend. Hopefully nothing major.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Decided to check my Sab remotely while on a coach to London for the weekend, for some reason it's decided to do about 200gb of backfill from sickbeard. I'm sure I have a bunch of the stuff it's grabbing, very strange. Setup has been like this for over a year so intriguing its suddenly decided to do this, I'm hoping a hdd hasn't died overnight or something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fixed my Couch Potato problem (it had enabled the black hole which meant it was bypassing send to sab), everything worked for a few days now back to stuff not working.

Latest issue according to the log:

quote:

[.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Failed sending release, use API key, NOT the NZB key: Traceback (most recent call last):
OverflowError: sleep length is too large

Except it's not the NZB key, it's the API key. It's always been the API key and this has always worked. I've copied and pasted the API key into it again but still the same error. I don't really want to regenerate new keys as I'll have to update everything else that talks to it and my hunch is that it won't work anyway. Anyone else had this issue?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh hey, iMDBs RSS feed is now working properly again. Wasn't working for months for me (and others it seems), so that's a spot of good news. Without doubt the easiest way to add things to CouchPotato but utterly useless when it doesn't work.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there any control over the Backlog other than a straight Pause? I woke up to 2,000 items in my SAB queue because SickBeard went on a rampage and decided to grab the last 3 years worth of all the daily airing stuff I have in my list (that gets automatically deleted after 2 weeks). It's probably only about halfway through but it's probably hammering the hell out of the SAB Indexer and I doubt they'd want that.

Don't think there's any options to remove a show from the backlist? I can go through each one and set all the old seasons to Skipped which would help I'm sure, but it might be too late for this run?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've been with a Highwinds provider for over 5 years with very little problems on a day to day basis. Have grabbed files from around 1,300+ days old as well with no issues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Neat, thanks for the backup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

News Demon are a Highwinds reseller, and for the last few months they're getting DMCAd pretty heavily unless you grab things as soon as they go up (Sickbeard and Couch Potato are *usually* fast enough). Before they'd remove just a few blocks to make it incomplete, but now it seems 99% of the listing is getting culled, which is why your backup account is going into overdrive.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've been using binary newsgroups since before indexers even existed and can't say I feel the same. Places like nzbs.org are better in terms of design and functionality than the original newsbin was. Only thing is a lack of searching specific groups, but I rarely use that.

Binsearch doesn't seem to have changed at all over the years from my experience.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The couch potato is a known issue and reportedly fixed for the next release. I have to restart (or sometimes kill and reopen) after each download. CPU fills a core constantly. Apparently had something to do with the destinations in the renamer. Looking forward to the best binary release...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always used MyNZB , it's basic but it does the job (and supports nabs.org). It supports iPhone 5 screen size but for some reason doesn't have multitasking built in even though it's been available for years, which can be a bit annoying. It was $1 from memory, have used it for about 3 or 4 years without any major issues.

Although, it looks like it might have been pulled from the App Store? It's telling me this forwarding link isn't available on the UK store anyway - http://t.co/wAGKYwQa - there's another one called MyNZBGrab but I don't think it's related and doesn't look quite as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

xgalaxy posted:

Update script on couchpotato was broken in my bsd machine forever and I was too lazy to fix it. Until today. Holy poo poo has couchpotato gotten some much needed love. I think my version was almost 2 years old.

I hope you've not upgraded to the latest Binary release on Windows, because it's been absolutely buggered for ages. I think the fixes are in place on the github version, so waiting for a new binary rollout.

e: ah you even said BSD in your post, you're clear.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 27, 2014