Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Demo Volume 1 #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

What... what happened here, in this ruin where a person once dwelt?

It doesn't say. But my guess is girl with the ability to make people do things gets angry at mom and in a fit of teen rage says something she regrets. I guess it's probably because I said a lot of things to my mom as a teenager I regret saying that it hits me like it does.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bobkatt013 posted:

Due to all this intrest in Dredd should I or someone else make a thread?

I would read it. I've been interested in trying out Dredd but have no idea where to start.

Related to this thread though does anyone have the last couple pages of Hitman on hand? The derailed thread had me thinking about it and where Tommy tells Natt about his dream at the end always gets me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Network Pesci posted:

I just happen to have this laying around. Ennis can be kind of a jackass most of the time, but when he's on, man, he's really on.

Hitman #60, spoilers for the end of Hitman, obviously.

Thanks I really need to reread that series soon. It's loving fantastic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ManiacClown posted:

You really should anyway. It has some great moments, from Tommy giving Superman a pep talk to zombie penguins. It's Ennis going nuts without going too nuts like he did in Preacher.

Yeah really. Knowing the last 3 pages out of context of the rest of the series really doesn't ruin too much.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

redbackground posted:

JLA/Hitman is the real ending, anyway. :colbert:

Pages from that could either be in here or the badass thread. I'm not entirely sure which.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lurdiak posted:

It's a real shame about the Chaykin art, because that's some powerfully-written stuff.

Brubaker's last issue of Captain America was published this week. Cap gets closure on a recurring subplot of the run, which also acts as closure for the entire themes and stories of the run, as well as sums up who Captain America is as a person and it's just great stuff all around. But the important part is this:

Cap confronts what amounts to his evil twin in the hospital, and he thanks and salutes him.

Captain America #19 is on sale now and you should really buy it, it's a wonderful ending to Brubaker's stellar run and features a really cool afterword.

Where did his run start? I've heard nothing but good things about it but don't know where to start.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not forget to read Fallout before starting with Miles if you haven't.

Death of Spider-man Fallout 1

Death of Spider-man Fallout 6

Those loving panels get me every goddamn time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Benito Cereno posted:

That comic was called Ex Machina. It was pretty good.

I always got the feeling (Ex Machina end spoilers) that Hundred wasn't really doing "good" and was instead trying to take over the country so he could do something menacing later

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rhyno posted:

Where on Earth did you get that idea?

I dunno. Just something about how everything tied together in the end made me think Hundred may have been playing everyone all along

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Avulsion posted:

Why does a recovering alcoholic keep wine in the house? Furthermore, why keep living in a haunted house where horrible hosed up stuff keeps happening to your family?

I got nothin' for that first one but the horrible things go unnoticed by adults. Early on the youngest finds a key that opens your head up and she sees him do it. Her reaction is just "don't do that it's a creepy trick"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sigma-X posted:

So Beasts of Burden is basically just designed to make you cry all the time forever, right? Like We3 but with an ongoing continuity?

Yes. There's an issue about ghost puppies that's one of the saddest and hosed up things I've read. That said I really hope he write more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What would be the best way to get the page where Abel tells Goldie the story of two loving brothers out of an Absolute Sandman and into this thread?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Uthor posted:

This one?

Sandman #40

I was thinking the last page of issue 2 but that one works really well for this thread too. It's my fault for not saying which issue I was reading.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Boxman posted:

While we're on the subject of horribly sad moments involving dogs, can someone post We3? I mean, half the book could go in here, but "is 2 good dog?" and "2! U R Bandit!" Gets me every time.

"1 gud dog?" 2 was the cat and the cat was an rear end in a top hat. 1 was the best of dogs though. Even with all the times Ive read We3 I still tear up reliably. Such a good loving book.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thor God of Thunder 12

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I would read the hell out of Thor MD. Fueled by Pym Particles he goes into the body to hit whatever is making you sick until it's working 110% percent.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There's a Duke Nukem comic?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gavok posted:

That's been a major theme in the book. Robots have personalities but they don't have free will. That won't be invented until the Mega Man X era. With it comes serious baggage.

Some robots are distraught over it like a scene with Needle Man I posted earlier in the thread. He doesn't want to kill Mega Man, but he's driven to it because that's what he's programmed to do. His opinion doesn't matter and it makes him bitter. Some are comforted in their deaths when Mega Man tells them that he'll have their programming changed so they can do something other than destroy. As shown, some feel it takes away from who they really are.

There's a new character introduced named Quake Woman who had a goofball personality and a mother/daughter relationship with her creator Dr. Lalinde. Then an accident almost destroyed her and Lalinde couldn't handle it. She had Quake Woman's emotions and personality removed, but realized later that that was a gigantic mistake. She tried to rebuild her personality best she could and is completely guilt-ridden over her actions.

Then there's Proto Man, who ran away from home because Dr. Light was considering altering his personality during a life-saving operation. Proto Man came back to make amends sometime later and saw that Rock and Roll were taking care of Dr. Light, which drove him over the edge because he didn't see Mega Man as a brother, but as a replacement. If Mega Man is Dr. Light's assistant/weapon/son then what is Proto Man supposed to be? By simply existing, Mega Man has stolen his purpose.

In other words, Mega Man is a rad book.

Agreed. I picked it up based entirely on the pages you posted in here. It's definitely an all ages book but if you're not against books that are fun and mostly lighthearted Megaman definitely won't disappoint. It's only up to the end of MM3 though because there was a foray into Super Adventure Rockman, timetravel hijinks, and a bitchin' crossover with Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The talk page is surprisingly boring. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Breast