Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress. Why is my room so dusty right now? Stupid allergies...

(I really like that Megatron plays along as well, and the art sells that he's not doing it to be pragmatic, but to spare Rewind's feelings.)

Guess I need to decide if my dumb idea to wait to read MTMTE until I'd read all the prior stuff on Scribd is worth it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

I'm really hoping that when we get Spider-Man in the MCU, if we see Jameson, that they'll hew closer to the Ultimate version more(or at least the more sane and reasonable side of 616 version), cause we've already gotten the perfect representation of Classic Jameson already on the big screen

Hell, I'd still have Simmons play him.

My favourite Ultimate JJ moment is that Ultimatum splash page (splash, geddit? :haw:), where he's watching Spider-Man save hundreds from the flood.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

I took it to be an outer manifestation of what a giant arsehole Osborne is.

That only counts if Stanley Tucci says it in a German accent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Allan Heinberg also wrote a great Jonah scene in the first run of Young Avengers, where he lays out why he dislikes superheroes, but especially kid heroes to Kat Farrell.

That scene from Born Again is loving amazing, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Urich's big act of defiance in that story is actually say Daredevil's name.

Also, god do I want "There is no corpse..." to be in the Netflix show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I think Allred did a better job making the same point himself in that one Batman story he did for Solo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sadly not. The licensing agreement might prevent them from put that stuff on there, considering they have stuck some of the Afterlife and Circle lines on. (Similar to how the only non-MU content on Marvel's version is Star Wars, because they're owned by the same parent company)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why do letterers always put a 'wink' sound effect when someone's winking? Like, we'd think that lady just had something in her eye, not hitting on Clark if it wasn't there?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Say what you will about JMS being a lovely writer but he wrote the hell out of the issue where Aunt May finds out Peter is Spider-Man.

I love that scene where she writes an angry letter to Jameson cancelling her subscription to the Bugle because of how biased their reporting of Peter is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

Either I'm missing some context or someone hosed up. Who is saying "hey" in that second panel? Luke Cage is hanging out in the background.

That would be a sloppy piece of lettering.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

Oh paid forced executions you mean. :v: Yep Jim Gordon is all about that. But seriously being Batman is a young man thing, or you get super scienced or magicked up in order to be able to do it. Cause at the end of the day you ain't Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson.

Yeah, almost like you'd need some kind of armoured mech-suit to compensate for that stuff...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's the 11th Doctor! :downs:

Peter Weller may be the only other correct answer to 'Could an American play the Doctor?'

(The other being Gene Wilder, obviously)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's a really good band though.

All early metal covers of Carry On My Wayward Son and Dust In The Wind.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

No, the series ended about a year ago. It has nothing to do with Genisys.

Oddly enough, there's zero reference to the T-1000 or T-X in it. I wonder if it's a legal thing. Especially since they include some T3 stuff in the plot like John's knowledge that he'll one day be killed by an Arnold-looking Terminator.

Funnily enough, the 'in theory' bit is very similar to a running gag the T-800 has in the new movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yoda being flippy I'm actually down with. And I think the Duel of the Fates sequence is awesome (pretty much the only part of TPM worth watching, except mmmmaybe the pod-race, but even then you're better off playing the video game)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Hmm yes by looking at this Corellian clay pot I can immediately tell that the Corellians favor defending the starboard side of their fleets and also enjoy sprinkling Mon Calamari sea salt on their Bothawui burgers

How can you tell a Bothawui burger from a normal one? Is it seasoned with backroom deals and realpolitik?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's Roberta, the FF's robot receptionist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

"Letters to the President"

I assume most of them complain about there being too many states.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Hey, have you guys heard this crackpot theory that it's OK for superhero comic art not to be descended on a direct line from Neal Adams's style? Crazy, I know.

That's crazy, next you'll be telling us that we're held to the Earth's surface by some MAGICAL downwards force pulling us towards the core of the planet, not the Earth constantly expanding to meet us!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basically my reaction to every time this discussion happens now. I don't even care about convincing anyone that it's just a taste thing anymore, just loving stop.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No, no, Zylla, when someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's a great visualisation of the meaning that's meant to be lost behind Groot's words normally.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

That's exactly what the character was purposefully designed as.

So for this Groot series they revamped her as Whoopi from Captain Planet?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, he's pretty clearly pointing out that most of the stuff she's worried about has turned out OK in the long run. The Avengers are still around and better than ever, Captain America is transcending generations, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are inspiring a new generation and the FF have become a family.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's a little disconcerting to see Damian smile without it being from a smug sense of superiority though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Those sort of moments are actually why I'm very interested in Taylor being the one writing the new Wolverine book.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Considering the stuff Flash is doing, I think a Ms. Marvel show is totally doable.

Ehhhh... did you see the morphing effects for Atom Smasher growing? Not good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NorgLyle posted:

He was literally the only Kingdom Come insert I didn't hate just for the way he was used in Generation Lost.

:arghfist::saddowns: Don't remind me of JL:GL. We missed out on a great JLI relaunch because of the stupid reboot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

We had to wait a couple years, but...

Which is pretty good, but I really liked where Winick was going with the rebuilt JLI pre-reboot. Great line-up, a nice balance of banter and serious action, and Booster getting to come into his own.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So... unless your name is Mark Waid?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's a menace! That nice moustached man on the news says so!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chaos Hippy posted:

You weren't talking about movies.

And even if he was, I'm pretty sure the Deadpool movie is using the comic origin of him being experimented on by Weapon X.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

I can't keep track of any of those drat robots from panel to panel.

Racecarist!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

the immortality thing is just a caveat of writing this race. No matter the continuity, transformer are beings that are millions of years old. This is accepted.

Might as well actually use it as part of the story and think about how such lives would work instead of just continually repeating it without meaning anything by it.

I guess it's one of those things easier to accept if you've grown up with those kinds of stories. I wasn't part of the pokemon craze and I don't think I could be told a story from that without being distracted by questions like "but how does an ecosystem with superpowered animals work" or "so these are kids who go around having animals beat up other animals until they're too weak to fight back and then imprison them and the animals actually accept or even welcome this fate because why"

Because friendship.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

I don't follow the comics, but I'm picturing some giant robot trying to tolerate this indignant tiny robot who gets super pissed over some trivial thing because it'd look bad to beat up a tiny robot... but gently caress it, this tiny robot needs to get stomped.

Nope. Whirl is basically a psychopath, so it's more like a 10 foot Klingon redshirt just killed tiny Captain Kirk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jedit posted:

Not really, in that he's actually a good artist. He was just drawing in a somewhat similar style.

He wasn't? He was drawing it like Mark Bagley. It looks way more like Ultimate Spider-Man or Thunderbolts than anything Lee's ever done.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I only read Avengers, but Nova seems p.cool in a typical 'we really want him to be like Spider-Man/Speedball/the old Nova/the new Blue Beetle/Ms Marvel' way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's also this from last issue. Notice what his right arm's doing and what's missing

I haven't read MTME (yet, I have a million TF comics to get through) but it kinda looks like his arm would BECOME the gun for his alt-mode there?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Um, apart from that honkin' big gun barrel sticking up off his shoulder?

Exhaust pipe. Honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's such bad odds.

They need more Decepticons to fight Megatron.