Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Can someone please explain to me what exactly is touching or inspiring about Cain being a dick to Abel :psyduck: I sorta get the one where he asks Dream to bring him back, but the other ones, not so much.

wiegieman posted:

Lying Cat and Sophie, the best part of Saga:

From Saga #14. You should read Saga.

This, though, I have no problems getting. :3:

Edit: fixed the name spelling, too used to the Legacy Of Kain spelling.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Superman was raised on a farm in Kansas. I don't think he'd be much one to judge dialects.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Seriously :psyduck: between that and people racing to defend Abel's Stockholm Syndrome towards Cain, some of you have some very strange ideas about the phrase 'touching and inspiring panels'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

In summary, I'm not entirely convinced the dude doing inks/colors wasn't one of those people who need glasses but stubbornly refuse to wear them. Those differences are like night and day, god drat

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When did Batman build a hulkbuster suit :stare:

VVV Fair enough, my knowledge of DC is much less than my knowledge of Marvel

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 18, 2014

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I forget if it was posted in this thread before, but there was a Transformers comic posted in the Funny Panels thread that reminded me of its existence. Does anyone have the one where one of the transformers gets killed and another one was going to wipe their memory to avoid dealing with their loss, is given a message by another from the dead one not to do it? I can't remember any names or details past that :(

Just remembered part of it, the message was made up out of lots of tiny clips from other dudes because the dead guy himself couldn't actually talk.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's exactly the one I was asking about, thanks so much. And yay for happy endings! :neckbeard:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That seems awful... I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is. Gamey? Contrived? Hypocritical, maybe?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I knew there was something I forgot about. Ordering this immediately.
Actually i should get all her books.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That makes it even better :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They did, it was called Batman Beyond, it was great.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

But if he doesn't let the T-800 kill him, then it can't be captured and reprogrammed to save him before Judgement Day! That, children, is why I hate time travel :v:
That said, I need to get my mitts on this comic, holy poo poo.

As for this, I don't know about inspiring, but definitely touching. I don't know the source, but apparently Disney is making new Star Wars comics and filling in the blanks between movies:

... Though it is marred a little bit by that face.

:froggonk:

E: I can't help but be amused at Boba Fett all "Well if you're not gonna talk to me I'm going to my room :mad:"

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 7, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Vader's various cybernetic implants that help keep him alive and mobile (his respirator and limbs, mostly) also greatly cut down on his ability to use the Force.

So when you see scenes like this, it really serves to underscore just how insanely strong in the Force he is, even with his handicap.

There are some Force abilities he outright cannot use because of his implants. He can't use Force Lightning like Palpatine does, for instance, because both of his arms were lopped off and replaced. I assume it's a similar deal for Force Speed, on account of his legs being the same way.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 8, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, I'd read that it was because of his respirator that he can't use Force Lightning (doing so would cause it to short out, like it did at the end of Jedi when he grabbed the Emperor and threw him into the reactor). Also that his artificial limbs are heavier than they should be, such that he needs to use the Force just to move around normally; being forced to do that keeps him from being able to use his full potential in the Force for other tasks. And this was all deliberately done by the Emperor as safeguards to keep Vader from turning against him.

Huh. I thought it was because of the limbs... Admittedly I don't recall where I read all that, but it's all interesting as gently caress nonetheless!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

The entire expanded universe was full of dumb, bad handwavy writing, and I really hope they don't bring any of it back.

E: I seriously never want to see these motherfuckers back.

One good thing about those assholes, they did give us the story of :black101:Ganner Rhysode:black101: Any Star Wars story where a Jedi kicks so much rear end that the dudes whose asses he was kicking immortalize him in their mythology as a guardian of the door to the land of the dead, wielding an eternally-blazing sword of light, is a good story.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 8, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I hated Kreia largely because she never shut the gently caress up. You can't even escape her badgering by leaving her on the ship, she just yells at you in your brain. Yes, old biddy, I get it, nothing I do will ever be the right decision, go back to your nap and leave me the gently caress alone.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My interpretation was less that it's the only emotion he has left, and more that it's the only one he's certain that he has felt before.
It would be perfectly in line with Richards' assholery, though, I'll grant you that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

holy poo poo shut up

-Images removed. Don't post nearly a whole drat comic. Shouldn't have to tell anyone this.-

:smith:
Ultimate X-Men? New Mutants 2? gently caress if I know.
This isn't so much inspiring as :cry:-inducing.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 14, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It got the lot of you to shut up so I'll call that worth it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"We are Groot."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Damiens' head is ridiculously round.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm guessing either Two-Face (because his coin) or Joker for more literal flipping out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh yeah, I forgot Joker is supposed to be dead :doh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That... sure is a face on her on the left.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Did Golden-Age Flash lose an eye or is that just a shadow?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

After a while of living in said universe where thirty different people claim to all be different gods, you stop caring. Or just assume them to be yet another alien with Sufficiently Advanced Technology masquerading as magic.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 18, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I thought Booster Gold was perma-dead? (as much as anyone ever is in comics, anyway)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fuego Fish posted:

You know, I love how they wrote this big, convoluted storyline in order to retcon away Peter and MJ's marriage so that Spider-Man would be "more relateable to the reader" and then within ten years of that, he's the head of a multinational corporation.

I want to dunk Joe Quesada's head into a toilet.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Spidey is onto her bullshit. Good job, Parker.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

He's a mutate, not a mutant! :can::respek::pseudo:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I want a toy of the armadillo transformer so bad :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm loving the whole 'Megatron coming to terms with his actions' plot and it will make me sad when the status quo inevitably reasserts itself and he goes back to being a homicidal maniac :smith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's kinda surprising how expressive a mono-eye can be. Poor Chromedome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:psyduck:
Suddenly Megatron wanting to kill everyone makes a lot more sense.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I understand the terrible thing they're conveying but I keep being distracted by that drat magnificent transfo-mustache.

vvvv Noooo! :cry:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 29, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Probably, being machines, their faces change over the years as they change? Upgrades, new alt modes, damage to be repaired. Some would change it deliberately, to cut ties with their pasts or a 'gently caress you' while switching sides.

Or we're putting more thought into it than the writers were and they use big numbers of years for dramatic purposes :v:

E: also what the guy above me said

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Is Optimus dead again

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"I've renounced violence", says the transforming robot with a giant gun barrel over his shoulder :v:

That being said, I'm loving the new Megatron, too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

from the back-up strip to More Than Meets The Eye #50

Rewind and Chromedome split up? :smith: Or was this before that thing with the time-travel shenanigans?

Oh, I didn't notice the new page. Well, then. At least they went together :gbsmith:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Well, we don't know their fate yet, as it's part one of a six-part storyline. All we know is that Optimus Prime got a message three weeks after they said they would be dead in six hours and that Things Look Bad.

On the one hand, this is true. On the other, it's Transformers. Nothing happy ever happens to Cybertronians. I'm happy Megatron is happy, but I also know it won't last.

drat I am just a bundle of :smith: today aren't i