Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

tragedyjones posted:

Deus ex Krypton is a better example. 'God from Kypton' vs Kal from Machine.

Depends on if you consider the birthing matrix to still be canon or not, I'd say. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Maybe he should have just disconnected them from the internet instead of throwing up Net Nanny Government Edition and calling it a day

I'm pretty sure he did disconnect them, they just set up another connection on the spot because making a new internet connection to send out a single tweet wouldn't actually be hard for the Justice League.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Well, until the writers get bored and someone does an X-gene virus bomb that reintroduces it

Not likely to happen unless Fox decides they don't want the movie rights to X-Men anymore.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

When DC rebooted their universe into the 'New 52' continuity, the Superman from the old universe was shuttled off into a pocket world by Brainiac who was collecting cities from all eras of DC comics publishing. During this time he and Lois had a kid, Johnathan Kent. A little after, the family made their way into the New 52 universe, where there already was a Superman and a Lois Lane (who were not married and in fact had a rather contentious relationship). So Superman, who has a beard now, saved people secretly, and Lois wrote books under a pseudonym. The younger Superman native to this world recently died, and now time-displaced Clark has shaved his beard and started wearing the costume and being Superman publicly. Johnathan is slowly developing his superpowers.

I thought Jonathan Kent was around before New 52? Not long before, but I thought he was introduced then. Or is this not the same one?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

You're thinking of Christopher Kent, who was Zod's kid that Clark and Lois adopted for a while

Ah, okay; thanks!

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Boogaleeboo posted:

It also had a bit where she died and they brought her back to life and she had severe PTSD and all her retarded friends thought she must have been in some insane hell dimension or something, but no it's just that they took her out of heaven where everything was perfect and she felt loved and at peace and put her back in this lovely world. Like nobody even considered that a generally decent person that gave her life helping others would end up there, or maybe they just thought the world was so poo poo that there wasn't a heaven to begin with.

Rhyno posted:

They assumed she went to one of the hell dimensions Glory opened in the S5 finale which was that unreasonable.

Especially since she died while literally falling through an opening portal to one of the dimensions in order to seal it.

And the last time someone in their group was sacrificed in order to close a portal to a hell dimension, they ended up trapped in that hell dimension.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

That was slightly different, as he was also the one who opened said portal.

Fair enough, but even with that I think it's a pretty natural assumption. Especially with the first point. :v:

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have that post handy that went into why that "I slept with Madame Masque" joke was dumb, by the way? Because I remember the backstory to their relationship being pretty fitting for this thread too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

That said, all I can imagine with this is that at some point, a writer got handed a commission like "write a comic about Snagglepuss. Doesn't matter what's in it as long as it sells", and they decided that this was the best way to salvage their artistic integrity. Can't say I disagree.

Given how all the other HB comics have been, I feel like it's likely exactly the opposite; I feel like this kind of stuff is specifically what DC wants out of them, since most of them have been in this general kind of...conceptual umbrella? They're basically all about taking them seriously in a tongue-in-cheek manner; no irony or cynicism about the source material, just weird, interesting takes.

If it wasn't on some level an editorial direction, I wouldn't think it would be so consistent across the line of HB stuff.