Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Wengy posted:

The GH is the flagship, so it should be compared to the OMD (well, to the upcoming E-M1 successor at least); the G-series is more consumer-oriented. The GM line isn't officially discontinued yet, but it looks like it will be - absolutely baffling, I love these little cameras and they really showcase the strengths and breadth of the format.
With Fujis as good as they are there's not reason to run m43 besides price (on older bodies) and video. So dumb to drop the GM's instead of trying to actually compete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The problem with all of those is that the UI design is hot loving doodoo. Have you seen the lag on wifi remote first party apps?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Animal posted:

That makes no sense, it's still a perfectly good camera.
Makes no sense to cannibalize XT-* sales. If you can afford the fuji glass, you can afford the bodies.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

G85

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MeruFM posted:

it is but the dollar to sensor ratio is poor
It's actually excellent if you stick to previous gen bodies. Since there's so few moving parts, they tend to get discounted insanely.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not one bit surprised amazon is cutting corners in a way that specifically fucks their suppliers.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Wengy posted:

The banding can happen at base ISO when pushing the shadows even slightly (and I never go above ISO 1600 anyway). Pretty sure it's some kind of software issue; I sometimes deliberately overexpose to compensate for it, which means I end up with unsalvageable highlights more often than k should. Oh well, it only happens rarely.
Is this 1997?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Thoren posted:

How can anyone hate Fuji?
lovely AF mostly, in my case. XT-2 is ok tho. Glass is loving great.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Full brightness composing. Try the aperture preview at f/8 for a laugh. It'll become painfully obvious why everyone does fully-open composition/metering.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Also AF systems need as much light as they can get.
That's a real good point yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

XT-2.