Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I just learned that folders can only hold so many apps. Is there some Cydia app for iPad that will let my folders hold more apps?

FolderEnhancer. It rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Arrowsmith posted:

I prefer More Icon Folder. FolderEnhancer doesn't significantly increase folder opening time (even with icon caching) and, while supporting Iconoclasm, limits me with how I can adjust my icon layout. MIF let's me bunch my Apps 8-across which I like in portrait-mode. My ultimate goal is a solution wherein label-less icons are tiled to fill a scrollable area above the (transparent and label-less) dock area (I have a lot of Apps!), with negligible separation between icons and icon rows.

I think you meant "FolderEnhancer doesn't significantly decrease folder opening time", and in my experience it opens folders a lot faster. This is on my iPhone and anecdotal evidence, though, so ymmv.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Arrowsmith posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Which iPhone are you using? I have a 3GS and FolderEnhancer helps it somewhat. The difference it makes on my iPad 1 is closer to negligible. I hope the iPhone 5/iPad 3 and subsequent JBs will alleviate the slowness.

I'm on an iPhone 4. The first time I open a folder it hangs a bit, but after than it's nigh instantaneous. Faster than the default behavior in any case.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Manac0r posted:

For starters make sure quasar isn't locked to screen. This allows you to move and resize windows around easier.

http://db.tt/l8CH5rtK
http://db.tt/8UvQd7He

It is all personal preference mind.

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's objectively terrible. Just like all of those iPhone themes.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Dr_Amazing posted:

I bought an iphone 4 in Japan and the carrier is a Japanese company called softbank. I'm back in Canada now and I want to keep using my phone. Is there anything special I have to do to get it all working? Is it even possible?
Not possible. SoftBank phones are carrier locked and they never unlock.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ursine Asylum posted:

The question is "Why would you want to not update to 6.0.2, if they're going to release a jailbreak for 6.1".

Because they plan on releasing it for 6.0.2 first and it's within the realm of possibility that the same exploit won't work.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

spongeworthy posted:

I can't imagine having a jailbreak without Activator, not sure why anyone would want to rid of it.

It causes my home button to be less responsive. I need to ask dba if it's possible to make LockInfo 5 no longer dependent on it, since I don't need it.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

pseudonordic posted:

Do you not have an SBSettings icon on your screens anywhere? I have one on mine.

Yeah, but SBSettings still has activator as a dependency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lox posted:

I tried this, but I'm not looking to have the date in the status bar.

I want this, all the time, whether or not I have something scheduled in the next 24 hours. I tried StatusBarCustomClock4 and that did not do this for me. Not possible?

That's lockinfo, right? Slide the weather to the right or left.

• Locked thread