Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone else use SnowCover4, and if so, does it sometimes reboot your phone to Safe Mode after a song change? I can't track this problem down to anything else..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I literally cannot stand using the iPhone without all the jailbreak features I've become accustomed to over the years. Not only for most of those apps mentioned above (biteSMS, SBSettings), but things like Activator and small stuff like Five Icon Dock/Rows, FolderEnhancer, SwitcherMod, having ssh access to customize little things here and there..

I wouldn't use the iPhone if I didn't have access to all of these comforts and conveniences. Just tried iOS 5 now and I couldn't take more than 20 minutes of feeling so restricted before I switched back.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

LamoTheKid posted:

Didn't BiteSMS gently caress with Facebook a while back? Or vice versa? Not a big deal considering how bad the FB app is.

That was a long while ago yeah, and it was fixed pretty quickly.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Setting up Phone GV Extension -- what would be an advantage of using Dial Back instead of Direct Dial? Seems to me I'd just opt for direct dial only?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

maduin posted:

If you have a plan with A-list or Friends & Family or whatever that poo poo is called, you can put your GV # on it and use dial back to use no minutes when calling. Otherwise, just use direct dial.

Good point, thanks.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
For those using SMS GV Extension -- do you have it set up so as to not show the random number Google assigns to incoming texts? And if so, how? I see on the developer's website that his incoming texts appear different than mine- namely that mine show the number Google assigns and his do not. I've tried multiple setups so far.

e: hmm.. I think disabling text forwarding within the official GV app has resulted in the behavior I'm looking for maybe

e2: what do you GV'ers do for MMS?

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 15, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
New SBSettings theme out I really like. I've used Serious SBSettings forever so this is a nice change

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

1997 posted:

Soooo, what theme is it?

Click the image

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Apps posted:

So, I know there's that small blurb in the OP, but does anyone have any suggestions for some killer/cool jailbreak features? There's just so much JUNK out there on Cydia that it's hard to figure out what's good and what's not even worth installing.

Here's my list:

- Activator
- biteSMS
- Five Icon Dock
- Five-Column SB
- Flashlock
- FolderEnhancer
- LockInfo
- Locktopus
- OpenSSH
- Phone GV Extension / SMS GV Extension
- Popup Blocker
- Remove Background
- SBSettings
- Snappy
- SwitcherMod
- WinterBoard (I make all my sound and image changes through WB)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Apps posted:

No idea if this is related to some vague LockInfo setting, or if I'm just going crazy, but pressing the home button while on the lock screen doesn't dismiss app notifications. I know for a fact that it used to do this, and I'm setting everything up on a new phone now and it's not working. It could be related to 1 of 100 different little settings somewhere. Someone help me out.

In LockInfo check out General -> Dismiss Previews or in Popup Blocker go to the Home Button panel.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
hmm? Activator is easy to customize, just go in and clear all the settings and add what you want. The programs set those themselves, they aren't defaults in Activator. Or am I misunderstanding?

e: VV ahh ok, I always totally disable InfoShade and all that each time I install LI

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 24, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Anyone else seen the flicker of an iAd (or some sort of top bar ad) really fast when opening applications? It seems to appear for a split second at the top of my display when opening any application- jb, native apple or otherwise.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Is winterboard 5.0 compatible yet?

This list should maybe be in the OP.

e: replaced with more complete list

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 16, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone found a way to hide the Newsstand icon yet? I tried hiding the icon through SBSettings but it doesn't appear in the list. I'm wondering if maybe there is a way by editing/removing some file or folder...?

e: hmm, appears that you can quickly stuff it inside a new folder. I'll give this a shot.

e2: it works! VV Thanks for heads up. I really don't want that to happen on a tethered jb away from home.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 16, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Robo-Pope posted:

Where are you getting updates on upcoming jailbreak progress?

I just follow a couple of the devs on twitter. @musclenerd is a good place to start

Also that list I posted at the top of this page, and the site in general, is kept up to speed.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I'm jailbroken and everything is smooth sailing over here. I've got BBSettings/SBSettings/biteSMS/LockInfo/bunch of other stuff installed.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

suboptimal posted:

Has anyone figured out how to update custom Winterboard themes to 5.0 yet? I have the latest version of Winterboard from Cydia, but my custom lockscreen's icon still looks like this:

Note the question mark where the weather icon should be. Has anyone encountered any fixes for this? My google-fu is getting defeated here...

The best threads to follow on this are at http://macthemes.net/forum/index.php under the iOS category

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ReidStylez posted:

I don't have Winterboard installed.

I do have SBSettings. Is BBSettings better?

I think I had better battery life today. It's not horrible by any means I just run though it by the time I leave for work.

After a couple days with BBSettings I have abandoned it due to taking up way too much Notification space. Until the app is collapsable I won't be using it, and it really doesn't do anything extra over SBSettings beside some graphical information of your phone.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone else's Notification Center gone completely blank?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

randyest posted:

I meant one rating each. It's less hassle than a million "Not now" clicks for every game. And maybe they'll stop if they get enough 1-stars.

Every Zynga app I have prompts me to log in to Facebook on almost each usage and it drives me crazy. Rating them 1 and leaving annoying feedback hasn't had any effect yet unfortunately :(

e: I haven't used Popup Blocker in so long, would it cover something like this?

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 20, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

heel turn posted:

Has anyone else had any problems with iOS 5 crashing into safe mode when they get a new text message? It happens on both mine and my wife's phones.

I remember this but it's been a while - I think upgrading biteSMS was the solution, but it may have been another issue.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Javid posted:

Is there an app or tweak that will let you scroll one screen past where you have any app icons, so it's just a blank wallpaper + your status bar and dock? I want to be able to get at the springboard icons but not always have them up.

Iconoclasm should do the job.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Are SMS notifications in Lockscreen showing up for anyone else long after they've been checked? I'm using biteSMS so I'm not sure if the problem is specific to that or just part of the SMS plugin.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

The Aphasian posted:

Every now and again, especially if I get some rapid fire and "clear" one in the middle of a chain, an sms will duplicate itself in the notification area over and over again. Force-quitting the BiteSMS app and respringing/rebooting (DON'T FORGET IF YOU ARE TETHERED) fixes it.

Looks like the latest LockInfo update may have fixed the problem for the moment.

Since I can't find a definitive answer from google -- what's the latest information on downgrading baseband 04.11.08 for unlock? I'm about to travel internationally for six months and I'd like to grab a local sim. Using iPhone 4, OS 5.0 on AT&T. I've got all my SHSH blobs for 4.* saved.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 14, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with biteSMS repeatedly showing an unread message when there isn't one? Rebooting several times or deleting the specific message in question usually works.

This seems to be fixed on the latest LockInfo, for me anyhow, are you updated?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

The Aphasian posted:

That and perfectly nice coworkers who can turn a 10 second question about our tax ID into a half hour conversation about their senile aunt with an eating disorder.

How about a screensaver showing the time?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

Dev team says to go and update to 5.0.1. (A4 and A5), but not to 5.0.2/5.1 if/when it lands.
They may release an untether for 5.0. Maybe.

If you have 5.0 installed, you need to do a backup & restore to 5.0.1, then jailbreak.

I guess 5.0.x-compatible updates to Jailbreak apps will finally start pouring in.

Current app-compatibility list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMmC_5gE&key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE
(please add to and improve, please do not deface/destroy)

Here's another well maintained list of compatible apps: http://cydiahelp.com/ios-5-compatible-cydia-apps-tweaks-list/

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ezrem posted:

Can someone who's jumped on this tethered 5.0.1 jailbreak test to make sure iBooks works properly?

Judging from the comments in the Devteam blog post, iBooks is broken as of now. I've never opened the app yet so I can't say personally.

vvv that's answered above by Xenomorph

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 27, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
The Cydiahelp chart lists 250 per page by default, it goes on past L, just hit Next.

quote:

PdaNet 5.30 Partially Needs to turn on Wi-Fi (but its already open) USB Tethering works (Need to download the desktop software)

e: vv No clue, just copied the entry text

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 28, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

89 posted:

FakeClockUp is the greatest thing if you don't have an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S. Set the speed to about 1.6x and you've got a brand new iOS device it moves so fast.

FakeClockUp is awesome and I run it at 1.6 also. Does it seem to drain your battery life a little faster?

e: http://hitoriblog.com/apt/ for those interested

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 29, 2011

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Cacahuate posted:

Is winterboard safe to install?? I installed a bunch of stuff including winterboard and after rebooting my phone all apps opened at 1/4 the regular size on an iphone 4 (most probably a retina display related issue) and where unusable unless I was on Safe Mode. I restored and rejailbroke it.
I suspect this was caused by winterboard since it deals with graphics but I'm unsure. Anyone got a similar experience who can help me out please?

What else did you install? WinterBoard is totally safe. Was a theme installed at the same time? Safe Mode was probably triggered by a non-compatible app.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

If you're having performance issues due to low memory, just run something like KillBackground to to clear out all background apps at once. I really like it on my 3GS.

You shouldn't have to reboot.

I recommend Remove Background. You can exclude applications from the kill list and also set the action in Activator. I just swipe left on my status bar and it runs invisible in the background.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Doesn't fakeclockup cause some battery drain issues?

At first I suspected it did but after keeping a close eye on it for a few weeks I can't say it does at all. I've bumped mine up to 3.3x speed

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unfold looks pretty neat in an unobtrusive yet aesthetically pleasing tweak yet it always freezes on my phone :smith:

It worked the first time but then it would unfold only to have a frozen half folded screen behind it. Not even a restoring or hard reboot fixed it.

I'll wait for an update but if you can get it to work then awesome. And it's free so why not.

I'm dealing with this now, trying to blindly work my way around Cydia in an attempt to uninstall it. I can only see a few lines of my actual screen.

e: I kind of feel like FakeClockUp had something to do with the issue- they might not be compatible. Maybe the folding is being pushed too fast.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 24, 2012

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
SmallBanners just came out a few days ago. It restricts the size of the banner notification to the height of the status bar so it's less obstructive and annoying- pretty nice.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

On the bottom right of the notification center/infoshade, there's a quickcompose icon for biteSMS. How do I get rid of it? I couldn't find anything through the options.

biteSMS settings -> Quick Compose -> Notification Center Icon

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Feenix posted:

So because of my JB problems before, I restored clean and didn't put my backup on. Everything is good, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get BiteSMS to stop showing the big gray box of text/quick-compose window whenever anyone texts me. I had it set up before where I just had the stock iOS5 skinny alert that you can slide to open. I can't seem to figure out how to get that back from toggling different Notifications settings. (Is it somewhere in BiteSMS perhaps and I'm not seeing it?)

Did you have SMS Alerts toggled off?

e: also Settings -> Quick Reply -> Use Apple Settings (?)

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 2, 2012

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Wolf on Air posted:

Other than that I'm in love with the tiny fixes like ShowCase (that makes the keyboard case match the actual shift mode, like every single other on-screen keyboard on the planet)

This is a nice little change, thanks.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Wolf on Air posted:

It wasn't for me, the new version also has an app icon and can use GPS to get proper sun timings. Some other cute hacks I highly recommend: SwipeShiftCaret, Software Update Killer, ResetAllKiller, SmallBanners, Single-Use Clipboard, Screenshot Dam, Safari UniBar, Pull To Refresh for Mail, iKnowIt, DoNotDisturb, DietBar, Delete Word, Autoprotect, Attacher, AskToCall, appslide.

FakeClockUp is a must for me- it "accelerates the UIKit transition animations." Basically makes everything happen faster. You'll need to add http://hitoriblog.com/apt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
whoa, AutoProtect sounds sweet - have you found it to be stable?

• Locked thread