Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

mister ginger posted:

Oops sorry, thats my bad

Spend $8 cheapskate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Jailbreaking your iPad lets you run the super nintendo emulator that lets your iPhone connect via bluetooth as a controller or a wiimote. That's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

edit: I can't update any apps through the App Store on my AT&T iPhone 4. iOS 4.3.1 jailbroken. Anybody else?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Double click home while locked.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Lock screen can show unread email and upcoming appointments and other things but it doesn't seem like it does weather or "your next five appointments" if that makes sense.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Here's the simplest way of looking at it: It's just a recap for what you missed while your device was locked. It's not a list of things to-do or an organizational tool of any sort.

I understand people's confusion though, I think it was sold as LockInfo Lite in the previews.

I think it'll get there eventually, but not yet. iOS 5 is fast as hell on my phone, too.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

frumpsnake posted:

I think the confusion is between what's shown on the lock screen and what's shown in the notification center.

Yeah, I was playing with the settings for notification center and I kept hitting lock to see if things would show up on the lock screen. Took me a while to figure out to swipe down to get the notification center. "Ohhhh."

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Any ideas on which app is used for iCloud backups, with respect to 3G Unrestrictor? I'm not too keen on it blasting 4GB of pictures/videos over 3G and would rather it wait til I'm actually on wifi.

My guess is Settings app?

iCloud backups happen when the phone is on Wifi, locked and plugged in. So as long as you don't plug your phone into the wall nothing should happen.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Edit: I'm dumb, ignore this post.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I know what Semitether does, but what are the limitations? If I install it and reboot does my phone work normally I just can't use JB stuff?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Those fancy SIM card unlocks involve making an emergency call. Maybe it makes the baseband do something and then the method interrupts that.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Restore the phone using 5.0.1. Then run TinyUmbrella to grab any stored SHSHs you have.

Once you have those you can downgrade and jailbreak.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

There's talk the iPad 3 would use an A6 chip, so it'd need its own jailbreak vulnerabilities to be discovered. That's obviously conjecture at this point.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Quick note for anyone with white icons:

I got the white icons today, googled about it and saw a post that said "download and install anything from Cydia and it'll fix it". I opened Cydia and updated 3G Unrestrictor and when I respring the icons were fixed.

YMMV, obviously.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Two resprings and a full reboot didn't fix it for me. Updating an app in Cydia did.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I get all the way to the end of the process and it hangs on "Waiting for process to complete..." iPhone 4S, OS 10.7.

After a few minutes it says "Something went wrong, trying to recover" and asks me to unplug my phone and start over.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

So close, yet so far away...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Followed by this (sorry for the posts, can only attach one image on SA)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

dutchbstrd posted:

I'm getting this same issue on my iPad 3 :(

The good news is if a bunch of us are getting it they'll probably fix it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I did the update through iTunes and couldn't get Absinthe to work.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The 2.0.1 update fixed all of my issues. Hooray!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Zigmidge posted:

It was brain dead simple, those who hosed it up either don't get it or don't read instructions.

You're aware that they didn't update Absinthe mid day for no reason, right?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Denim Dude posted:

Are cydias servers still being hammered? People are saying that they have installed sbsettings but im getting 500 internal server errors all over the place. I think I must have tried a hundred times over the last 24 hours. I'm starting to think maybe my cydia install is broken.

I had luck with letting it finish whatever it could grab, and then adding the program to the download queue and then downloading the queue.

Maybe it was dumb luck, but it worked every time for me.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Feenix: my wireless data went to poo poo on the 5.1.1 jailbreak too. I'm going back to stock tonight will re-JB with the new Absinthe 2.0.4

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Feenix posted:

Well, it's hard to say with an intermittent problem, but SO far, after:

Doing a clean wipe/restore on iTunes to 5.1.1 for both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4S, then jail breaking with 2.04, then restoring from backups that were just prior to my last jailbreak (friday morning)

...things seem good. I'm crossing my fingers they stay that way. :)

Yeah, I'm hoping it's part of Absinthe because I installed stock 5.1.1 by downloading it through iTunes, not OTA...

Edit: Restored to stock 5.1.1, fast 3G data. Jailbroke and can't load sites over 3G.

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 31, 2012

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Denim Dude posted:

Go to unlockit.co.nz from your phone while on a wifi connection. Choose custom APN and then select your contry and carrier and install the APN and see if your 3g works. I'm using it as a workaround. Also you didn't mention if you used the updated absinthe when you rejailbroke? One person on this page said that it worked for him.

From the top, for clarity:

• iPhone 4S
  • Last Friday I downloaded OS 5.1.1 through iTunes and tried to jailbreak. It failed.
  • Friday night I downoaded Absinthe 2.0.1 and jailbreaked. It worked.
  • Whenever someone noted the APN trick in the thread I did it because my 3G was being crummy, though on weekends I'm mostly on wifi.
  • I used AT&T (HSPA+) as the profile on unlockit.co.nz
  • My 3G data was intermittently lovely anyways.
  • Today I restored to 5.1.1 stock through iTunes.
  • 3G data was super fast immediately.
  • Jailbroke with Absinthe 2.0.4
  • 3G data didn't work at all.
  • Used Unlockit.co.nz to change APN to just "AT&T".
  • Restored my phone to put all my apps back on it.
  • 3G data dead again.
  • Used Unlockit.co.nz to change APN to just "AT&T".
  • Seems like it's working now, but who knows for how long.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

HorseDickSandwich posted:

I don't think it's as bad as you and Chemmy have it.

I've been ok since yesterday when I restored to bone stock 5.1.1 through iTunes, JBed using Absinthe 2.0.4 and used the AT&T APN switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I guess. When I first jailbroke and had no data I did the APN thing, then restored my data and apps onto to the phone I had to do it again.

• Locked thread