Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feenix posted:

Super excited for Abstergo on Sunday.

Here's an article about it. It looks pretty nice.

Also, Auxo will be getting the iPad update/support next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

yardblog posted:

Anyone know what winterboard theme is used in this gif?

That particular theme is called Enkelt. The gif comes from this imgur album showcasing a bunch of tweaks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man someone finally took over the GV Extensions. At least the calling one. "Call on GV" is out for 6.1 and above and brings back native GV calling. Also, the app is free.

Now they need to do the SMS one and I'll be set.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quine Connoisseur posted:

Does this work like the official Google Voice app (where it first calls your number, then calls the number you wanted to dial) or is it like Talkatone (places calls over wifi)?

There's a couple of modes you can choose from:

1. Direct Dial - Calls directly to the phone number (by calling the GV relay number). Masks it on the call log so you see your contacts number instead of some weird number. This is what I use. Aside from a small pop-up when the call is being initiated, there's no difference from making a regular call.

2. GV Call Back - Like one of the GV app options. Calls you then patches you through.

3. GV Offline Dial - I think this one calls GV, enters your PIN, then dials out? It's for when you have no data.

4. Carrier - Doesn't use GV

You can set any of those options as the default or pick one before each call. The app also comes with a separate "app" in which you can set rules based on area codes or specific numbers. So you can set X numbers to direct dial while Y area codes are done through your carrier.

TL;DR - It's free, just try it out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually, newer devices can't downgrade at all if I remember right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axis ($0.99) is out and it is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghaz118-RyE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

basmati posted:

Auxo

SBSettings

Notification Center

Man, may need to buy this after all.

How's the icon support for it? The 1-2 stragglers always kill any interest I have for most themes.

Also, is there a tweak to quickly erase your camera roll? I import all my poo poo to dropbox but their PC app doesn't empty the roll once it finishes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

I keep thinking the same thing but then I remember all the apps I've paid for :smith:

Between that, my whole family and extended family being on iOS as well (iMessage / FaceTime) plus the huge iTunes collection of music / movies / TV shows I have collected through the years I'm not switching until the company collapses.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Is there software that will allow me to transfer files to my jailbroken ipad?

My ipad is synced to my home computer (seriously, has Apple changed that yet? Or do I have to wipe my iPad to sync to my laptop?) and I'm at a hotel so I need something that can transfer through USB. Thanks!

Transfer what exactly? IFunBox should let you import just about anything to the deceive, no jailbreak needed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Haven't seen this mentioned but the mother of all emulators has been released. Currently supports the following cores:

- PCSX ReARMed
- Genesis Plus GX
- SNES9x Next
- VBA Next
- NEStopia
- FCEUmm
- Mednafen PCE Fast
- Mednafen NGP
- Mednafen VB
- Mednafen Wonderswan
- Prboom
- Tyrquake
- NX Engine (Cave Story)
- FInal Burn Alpha
- Gambatte

All of them running at full speed and with BTStack support (Bluetooth controllers).

Follow the link for the source if you want to give the pre-release version a shot. The cydia release (will be free) should be soon. He's also working on this:

quote:

Regarding HDMI Out - right now you get the usual bordered graphics - however, I bought a Lightning AV adaptor for my iPad Mini and also a similar adapter for my iPad 2 so you can be rest assured that for the next point release (0.9.9.1) there will be something more complete in there - something along the lines of XBMC where you can set it to the full resolution of your HD display.
At least it seems to be free of lag and ghosting which is what I suffered under Android through HDMI Out.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 29, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Auxo does that to me as well every now and then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Same question but with photostreams.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Auxo for iPad is out. $0.99 if you own the iPhone version already, $1.99 otherwise.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Team THEOLOGY posted:

How can I get the cover not to show when locked and listening to music?

Secret "Now Playing"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

obi_ant posted:

I didn't watch the keynote but we there an ETA on the update? I'm assuming when they announce their next iPhone?

Fall.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bouchacha posted:

The iOS7 features that are directly copied off of current JB apps is blatantly hilarious

Pretty much every major addition to iOS has been a jailbreak tweak.

Hell, APPS were a jailbreak-only thing at the beginning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It does (on the ipad)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xenomorph posted:

I didn't notice this mentioned before, but AT&T has started cracking down on the cheap unlocks.

Are they relocking devices or just cracking down on the service providers?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I'm boarding a plane when the jailhreak hits and I'm all gently caress yeah! I just landed and SURPRISE CHINA out of nowhere, gently caress.

But hey, $1M is pretty cool good for them. Now to wait for someone to clean and re-release without all the poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man, what the gently caress :laffo:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hunter is a terrible troll that unironically defended Dexter up until the very end, I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any decent tweak to ensure the phone remains on landscape mode (particularly after unlocking)? I hate that when I open my phone, my safari page reverts to portrait mode.

I see LandscapeLockMode on Cydia but it's a paid app, anyone used it before I take the plunge?

CCControls adds a bunch of toggles to the control center and changes the rotation lock to a rotation toggle which will lock the device to either portrait or landscape and all apps will adjust if they have the option.

Kinda annoying at first since it isn't the default lock to portrait but it's been handy at times.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goodness posted:

Puzzles and Dragons is great!

It will loving consume you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Dave posted:

Are there any good tweaks that will show me data use by app? I'm using way more data than I should and I want to fix that.

Unless you're specifically referring to jailbroken apps, this is already a native thing to iOS. Check under Settings - Cellular and you can see data usage per app. You can also disable data usage for individual apps if you want to keep them wifi-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ibntumart posted:

Is 8.4 markedly better than 8.3?

It's pretty much just the music app overhaul.

• Locked thread