Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walked
Apr 14, 2003

adm posted:

To add:

SmallBanners - Makes banner notifications one-line height
WiCarrier - Shows current Wifi SSID in place of carrier
AutoProtect - Allows you to bypass Passcode on home wifi
ShowCase - Shows lowercase letters in keyboard when relevant

These sold me on jailbreaking. Thanks.

Does autoprotect allow you to pair with two wifi networks? (home and work)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Silly question but does this work at all for a 5? Or is everything locked for a smaller screen?

I tried it and it works great on my 5. Very pleased.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

So I think I've finally gotten a good combination of stuff together that works for me.

WinterBoard
Typophone 4 (which breaks lock screen notifications, sadly)
OpenNotifier (to get notifications - work around but I love it)
Bulletin (to access the notification area on the lockscreen)
Zeppliin to remove the carrier
Auxo for fast contols (VPN hello)

Less important but still nice:
FakeClockUp
Nitrous

This setup works really, really well together and all is working perfectly on 6.1 on an iphone 5.

Debating AutoProtect but I've heard a lot of indications its a bit of a battery hog and I'd rather just type my password than crush my battery.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So I'm using the Asymetrical HD lockscreen, but I don't get notifications on the lockscreen anymore. Is this what they meant with the html notification bug? I can live with it since bitesms has the statusbar icon for texts, but would rather have notifications shown.

I had the same thing with Typophone 4 on my phone. Apparently iOS 6 has a problem with notifications on custom lockscreens. I went with bulletin + opennotifier for my fix.

But yeah, pretty sure thats normal.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

adm posted:

OpenNotifier is compatible with ios6?

Works fine here!

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I have a 6.X jailbroken iphone 5, and an ipad mini that I'd like to both get jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6

iPad is simple enough.

Whats the ideal procedure for getting the iphone 5 on iOS from a jailbroken state? Not too worried about losing much as I've got the important stuff backed up already.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

loudog999 posted:

Ok great, I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this ds emulator called nds4ios. I can think of a few ds games that would run pretty great on a touch screen, and I think I read that this supports mfi controllers. Is it worth trying out?

All the games I tried on my iphone 5 ran like poo poo, even older NDS games. Kinda disappointing.

I keep trying to find a GBA emulator that's decent, but havent had much luck (admittedly I gave up pretty quickly)

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I have a 7.1 JB iPhone 5.

Just got carrier approval unlock with ATT. Their process is to erase/restore to get the unlock applied; obviously I dont really want to do this.

What's the best approach for a JB phone? Not too well versed in unlocking, and googling just pulls up a bunch of phony apps that claim to do the unlock if youre jailbroken, not how to use the carrier approved unlock.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Hamburlgar posted:

Someone posted a page back or so that a semi restore using iLexRat prompted the carrier unlock to take effect.

Doh, thanks.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Man, I've jailbroken at just about every stage in the game thus far. But at this point I cant think of anything left thats particularly worth jailbreaking for anymore. Maybe I'm missing something, but almost all my reasons are gone now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

And it took about 14 seconds before i0n1c was crying about it on twitter.

I only do it for the tethering, which is disabled on my ATT unlimited data plan. I even stopped using 5-icon dock since it fucks with your folder settings next time you update.

Yeah; tethering isnt an issue here. 5-icon dock is about the only thing that interests me anymore and that's not worth the trouble of jailbreaking :(

• Locked thread