Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
What's the best way to easily back up all of my Cydia and other installed programs, when upgrading my FW to 4.3.3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
In iOS 5, how do you enable the camera button on the lock screen?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

ReidStylez posted:

drat, just bought a 4S and it came with 5.0.1 :(

5.0.1 is the latest major release of the iPhone software that looks like it's going to stick around for a while, I'm certain that it will be jailbroken.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

randyest posted:

I'm pretty sure everything will eventually be jailbroken, but didn't someone post a devteam tweet or something that recommended staying on 5.0.0?

Yeah, it was definitely recommended, but like always, everything will eventually be jailbroken. I mean, if you get a phone (like I did) with 5.0.1, yeah it sucks, but we can wait. I'm sure a tethered jailbreak will come out soon.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I am jailbroken on iPad 3 and have neither of those installed and no problems. So I'm guessing one of them is the culprit.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I have a question, is there any tweak that will allow you to set how long it takes for the screen to auto-dim and further, how long til it auto-locks?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Siri kind of sucks anyhow... pretty unreliable and not very accurate in dictation, from my experiences over the last 6 months.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

what on earth are you doing that you're using 7gb a month?

I've been around 4gb a month but that was with spotify streaming everything.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/287133062771384323

pod2g apparently working on developing a JB for iPhone 5 iOS 6x

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Well good news nonetheless. :)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
The wait... sucks. I feel like it may drop tonight so there is a lot of news coverage over the weekend. If it drops Sunday... that's okay too, but sooner the better.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

NZP posted:

Who are the guys to follow on Twitter regarding this jailbreak? I accept there will be nerd-bitching. I am willing to put up with it.

Also, when jailbroken, can you use an app that will allow 3G/4G to be switched on/off from the lock screen?

Cheers.

@musclenerd @evad3rs @pimskeks @comex and @pod2g as well

Re: 3g/4g, maybe SBSettings, NCSettings, etc?

hunter x az fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 1, 2013

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I hope some theme developers were hard at work - I need some change on my 5.

Same

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Has "CleverPIN" or anything been updated to work with 6.1?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Not condoning piracy: However, I have said multiple times before, the primary benefit of jailbreaking is to pirate apps. Not that I do it, I have paid at least 40$ this month since the JB was released. However, that's all there is to it. The majority of iOS users are teenagers who don't have access to real money.

Ethically, if you jailbreak, to enable tethering, thereby circumventing your carrier's paid plan for tethering, is the same. Just because you believe that you should be able to use the bandwidth how you see fit, doesn't make it ethical. It falls outside of the contract you signed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
May want to update the title for iOS 6.1.2, all jailbreakable.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Still holding out this Unthreaded JB is real. I had my iPhone 5 stolen from my car, and had to get a new one which was on 6.1.2 and JB'd. These guys seem to know what they're doing, despite overwhelming criticism. They've actually put out working JBs. Hopefully their A5 / 6.1.4 jb is real.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Unthreadedjb.com

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Apparently winocm has jailbroken iPhone 5 with 6.1.4

https://twitter.com/winocm

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I think the iPhone 4 is hardware jailbreakable, isn't it?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
There are zero malware / exploitative properties in this iOS JB. Just rumors that gained traction somehow.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Yes I'm jailbroken 7.0.4 on a 5S and have been monitoring network activity. Nothing unusual when doing typical phone tasks.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

spongeworthy posted:

Whew, I was worried for a while there.

No problem. What kind of weird poo poo do you guys have on your phones that you're so concerned about privacy for? :tinfoil:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Lots don't work because MobileSubstrate has not been updated by Saurik. You may also need to restart.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Why is fakeclockup named the way it is? It's always annoyed me. It's just that the name doesn't seem to describe the function of the tweak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Ugh BiteSMS needs to update so that it works on 7.0.4 on 5S... this is ridiculous!

• Locked thread