Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Feenix posted:

The difference is, my issue isn't a "sometimes". It's an "always".

And yet I know the screen works down there in other instances, so I'm left to think it's jailbreak or jailbreak app related.

Do you have a lot of custom gestures? More specifically ones that use the lower half of your screen? (drag from bottom/left/right/etc) Seems like i never had the button pressing issues you are having till i started using Drag from bottom and drag from bottom right gestures.

I think i already know this answer but does anyone know the fix for the Facetime toggle always switching to the OFF position? I really dont feel like restoring but i have been using facetime a lot with my job lately so its somewhat important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

HorseDickSandwich posted:

If you're using 4.3+ Apple changed the file format for pictures. Instead of .png or .jpg, they use .cbitmap. If you have a custom lockscreen that points to where the wallpaper would normally be located, there is no LockBackground.png anymore, it's LockBackground.cbitmap.

In order for a custom theme to change, you need to change the CSS or HTML in the theme to point to an image inside of the theme folder itself.

What the gently caress is apple trying to accomplish changing the format? That makes zero sense, I do not get them sometimes.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

flyboi posted:

New moblienotifier beta is out. This time around it is actually usable and loving slick.
http://www.peterhajas.com/blog/2011/5/29/mobilenotifier-beta5-ecstatic-eggo.html

drat, that is very nicely done. Just needs Bitesms and google voice support and it would be perfect.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

echinopsis posted:

Sorry if this question has been asked before etc..

When I restore back to a non-jailbroken OS, it's like a clean start right, and the iTunes will sync back the apps from iTunes?
I presume that means that all the info that isn't the apps themselves will be lost?

If I "upgrade" from the jailbroken OS to a new one, what happens then? What happens to the apps that shouldn't be there?

You can restore from your backup and all your apps/data will be restored just fine. And when you upgrade those apps wont be there, some of their settings files will but the apps themselves are gone i believe.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

You know, the only 2 problems I've ever had with the FB app are that 1) When you delete a message, you have to do it twice, and 2) Cropping images for profile pics doesn't work.

I can never view a comment left on a photo i post with the facebook app. The image never loads. I was really hoping apple would have integrated facebook so i could ditch that lovely app. Oh well.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Anyone try lockinfo out now that its been updated to ios5? If so would you mind sharing the beta repo? my google fu must be weak cause ive been searching for it but keep coming up blank.

edit: http://david.ashman.com/beta/

bonzaisushi fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 12, 2011

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

ReidStylez posted:

So you were at the apple logo and then you held power and home till the apple logo came back on and then you let go of power button?

with the phone off, launch red snow and click tethered boot, then next... plug the phone in while holding the power button and do your normal dfu routine. Worked for me when i was having that issue.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

So from the sounds of it we will have a un-tethered jailbreak for ipad 2 and 4s any day now... http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/2011/12/no-more-cache-troubles.html

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Any one experiencing the respring bug? I cant respring my phone at all and have no idea why, sbs settings wont work, cydia wont work, springtomize wont work etc. I have no idea what the hell would cause this, the only thing i have updated recently was lock info but i uninstalled that and still had the issue. I reckon a restore will work but i figured id see if anyone else had a fix before i went that route.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

This new Deck tweak that is about to be released looks incredible.

http://iphone-developers.com/news/new-jailbreak-tweak-deck-brings-a-swipe-out-side-bar-to-your-springboard

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Question Mark Mound posted:

Seriously, if awesome stuff like this isn't in the next version of iOS I will be very disappointed with Apple.

Haha, sadly i doubt we will see something like this from apple. Hell they didn't add sbs settings like functionality to notification center when they easily could have.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Black Noise posted:

So I jailbroke my 4S and 3G wouldn't activate, since there is no option to turn on 3G I loaded a back up and took my phone to the sprint store to get it reactivated, Jailbroke it again and 3G has once again vanished

is anyone else having an issue like this?

You tried resetting your network settings? ( Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings ) That always seems to fix my wifi/3g issues.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Deck was released today and i am loving it so far. I think i have found a suitable sbs settings toggle replacement.

http://sbcoders.com/home/apps/deck/
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03/12/deck-cydia/

bonzaisushi fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 13, 2012

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Nice! Completely forgot about that. Looks really sleek and if it keeps most of the functionality of SBS then I'll definitely switch.

As of right now there is not an ability to add custom toggles, but i reckon that will be in a future update.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right this is getting a little annoying. This stupid ad:

Refuses to disappear. I even installed SpeakEvents and it still shows up. I went ahead and uninstalled everything Siri related but every now and there it loving is.

Is anyone else getting this? Can I manually dig in and erase the gently caress out of it?

Do you have assistant extensions installed? I believe that causes that stupid banner to pop up.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

aherdofpenguins posted:

Still having problems with Folder Enhancer. All of my settings from a year ago are still in my phone somewhere, so whenever I install Folder Enhancer or 5 icon dock or anything, all of my icons just get tossed all over the place.

Is there a way I can use iFile to delete whatever is causing it to do that? I uninstalled and went through and deleted everything with the phrase Folder Enhancer that I could find, but it still did it after reinstalling.

Yes you can and deleting that plist file will fix all your issues. I was also having some weird bugs with springtomize 2 and clearing the plist file fixed them all. In fact its not a bad idea running through the plist files and clearing ones out that you no longer use, i had a poo poo ton. Just be careful with what ya delete, everything past com.apple is jailbreak related I believe. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can find the file here: /var/mobile/library/preferences jp.ashikase.folderenhancer.plist

If you need to delete the springtomize plist the file name is: com.filippobiga.springtomize.plist (its in the same location as the previous plist file)

You can do this using, ifile, mobile terminal or ssh.

bonzaisushi fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 6, 2013

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Mueslini posted:

Have any people in the UK had the iPlayer app break since jailbreaking? When I select a programme/radio show, it doesn't stream and sits there with the round 'waiting' icon rolling indefinitely. On iPad, if that makes a difference. The app is working on my non-jailbroken iPhone, so presumably not a problem on their end.

Try downloading xCon and see if that helps.

xCon, prevents regular apps from detecting the jailbreak.

bonzaisushi fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 6, 2013

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Fallom posted:

Apple's slow servers do that well-enough on their own.

Speaking of which, I heard there's an app that replaces the Siri servers with Google Now. Is that actually real?

Its called Nownow… works great, but you cant use any other siri commands after its installed ex: Wake me up at 8am...

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Are there any other apps for viewing AVIs other than VLC? It seems to not play the dialog audio for half the clips I send over to my phone.

Anyplayer on the appstore plays everything i throw at it, ive never had an issue playing a .avi, hell it handles massive mkvs like a champ as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Richman777 posted:

He's already said infoshade isn't coming back. He said not enough people used it and he's trying to make LI more integrated. I fully support it. I used the infoshade but now that you can get everything from the notification center, I don't miss it at all.

I agree, i am really starting to like LI5 more and more each time i use my phone. With the latest update is it expected behavior to have the clock/weather autohide?

• Locked thread