Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone know a tweak that will prevent pages and ads and stuff from opening the AppStore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Senturion posted:

If you're talking about in Cydia, there's NoAdStoreOpen. I'm not sure about the same for something like Safari or other apps.

Nah the new versions of cydia fix that, I'm talkin Safari.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Tsprotector 8 is free in beta and been working for me on iOS 8, but the ones in most repos is the old version that doesn't work on 8

Add the devs repo http://typ0s2d10.appspot.com/repo/

See how that works

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

tesilential posted:

Is backgrounder or an equivalent still around? I like using youtube as a music player, but I need to be able to use other apps while YouTube runs in the background.

I wanna know this too. Havnt found one easily.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Mr Hands Colon posted:

you guys want YouTubed, I think it's in the BigBoss repo.

Tried that and youtuber neither of which seem to work on 8.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Hamburlgar posted:

Hopefully someone here can help because Reddit was fairly useless in its reply.

On both ASUpdatehider and ReachApp I get 'There was an error loading the preference bundle for XXX' in the settings. ReachApp still works but for ASUpdatehider, the 1 app I don't want to update is now showing in the AppStore!

I've tried deleting and reinstalling both apps but no dice. iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2 if it makes any difference.

Anything good goons?

In my experience that error generally means it's incompatible with your iOS. I just installed asupdatehider 1.2-2 on 8.1, and while I don't get an error, the tweak doesn't seem to do anything either. Won't hide history, won't let me slide and hide.

Im about to update to 8.1.2 and re jailbreak though!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Oh gently caress Apple is pushing 8.1.3 already!? Poop!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Poala Bear posted:

iOS 8.1.2 is still being signed according to https://ipsw.me/all Download and Shift+Click Restore A.S.A.P. if you want to jailbreak your iPhone.
8.1.3 patches TaiG unfortunately according to /r/jailbreak.

Thanks downloading em for my iPhone and iPad r'now. Haven't done this Ipsw stuff since 4.x so less confident than usual...

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Poala Bear posted:

It's not too bad. From that website you can download iOS 8.1.2 for whatever device you own. Open up iTunes, (back up prior to continuing as a safe measure of course) and when viewing your device, hold the Shift key as you click the "Restore" button. From there, you'll get a pop up window to navigate to whichever directory you saved the downloaded ipsw at. Pretty self explanatory from there.

That was probably the smoothest update and jailbreak I ever done. Taig is pretty slick, did two phones and an iPad in 45 minutes, and probably the first time I didn't have to restore any of them.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Literally The Worst posted:

I used that Taig jailbreak on my 5, and I'm poking around Cydia and I can't find....anything. At all. What the hell? I don't remember having this much trouble when I jailbroke it before.

Like, for example, I can't find winterboard! Why can't I find winterboard, it's goddamn winterboard. Gimme it.

e I fixed it somehow. No idea how.
e2: What can I use to remove icon names?
Did you let it update package lists from the repos? I got confused for a few minutes by that too lol

I had to do it twice after I first started again to populate them

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 30, 2015

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Bouchacha posted:

8.1.2 is still being signed. Hurry!

https://ipsw.me/all

Do this, it's super effin easy.

Jailbreak groups are hinting that 8.1.3 jb will come out very soon though.

In other news, it's looking like BiteSMS is officially dead. iMessage+ is updated for 8 now but I'm not much a fan. Messageheads on the other hand does quick message and quick reply very similar to bitesms. I started using it yesterday, and it's really the next best thing.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
My iPad Air 2 runs like a dream jailbroke. I have never really used it not jailbroken though so don't really have a comparison...

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Taig team says the have an untethered jailbreak ready for 8.2 they will release as soon as the iOS is released!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Prescription Combs posted:

Any details on live 8.2 jailbreak yet?

Apparently the iOS update notes list a bug fix that allows creating files in trusted locations, and credits it to Taig jailbreak team? People are speculating this is the exploit Taig said they are ready to roll out. It's been out less than a day, gotta have some patience.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Idunno about TaiG, but it used to be SOP for jailbreak groups to not release a jailbreak until they have several exploits lined up. Even if that was their planned exploit, a little patience will be rewarded.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yeah you used to be able to downgrade, but that kinda fell to the wayside somewhere around like ios 6.x?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

Super Recorder is fantastic.

This awesome, and the volume amplifier that comes with it is tits!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

The Dave posted:

I just realized I never patched out the security but in my 8.4 jailbreak, is there a stupid easy way to do that?

If it's the Taig 2.2 bug you should just be able to upgrade it in cydia. Called like untethered jailbreak or something... Should be in your list of available tweak updates.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Does snapchat not work for anyone else? On both my iPad and iPhone it crashes on login, but I don't know if it's the jailbreak or just 8.4, didn't think to try if before jailbreak.

I had a lot of issues jb my iPad a few days ago with Taig 2.3, but last night used 2.4 on my phone and it went swimmingly; hit go, walked away and came back to a jailbroke phone. I had the app update issue until I logged out and back in, but works great now.

Maybe it's in my head, but 8.4 feels really good to me!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

coldplay chiptunes posted:

It's been like that since a SnapChat update like a month ago.

I haven't found a fix, but if you really need to use it create an activator action for booting into safe mode.

Yeesh thanks. Don't think I need snapchat that badly.

Especially since I only like it with phantom...

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

I'm using v9.11.0 and Phantom just fine. The most recent update came out like four days ago. I only update the app after Phantom says it's ok.

Yeah, I haven't installed phantom yet, but snapchat crashes as soon as you open it or log in, on both my devices. No big deal really.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Snapchat update in case anyone cares, nothing anyone posted worked and much more. I restored my iPad and rejailbroke and it worked! So I did my phone again, and it worked too! Then when I woke up this morning neither work again.

I didn't install any tweaks on the iPad between then and now, so I have no idea and am through trying.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone know a worker iAP cracker thing? I had one a long time ago that just bypassed the store and loaded the purchase, but forgot what it was, and Internet gives a million suggestions that don't seem to work right.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tapedump posted:

It's known as $priceofapp+AppStore, but was forked as GTFOwith.your.pirate.poo poo

Sorry I don't want to buy the same game 500 times

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tapedump posted:

That's not how licensing works. Seriously. Ideological arguments aside, that's not how licensing works.

Yeah sorry guys my bad

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Yeah sorry guys. I just bought a game and like 90% of the content is behind ten other purchases the price of the game itself. I was pissed and I was wrong, my bad.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone done the 9 jailbreak yet? Are there massive compatibility issues with tweaks from 8 to 9 like the jump from 7 to 8?

Wanna get it while the gettings good, but don't want to have nothing to use for the next two months.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

simosimo posted:

I'm running iOS9 on my iPad 3 and it is painful to use now, everything is so slow! I even deleted everything and it's still poo poo. Can I revert back to older IOS, or will jailbreaking make it quicker? Never jailbroken a device before but seems like a last resort as apple doesn't seem to let us go back to old OS's from what I can gather.

Or will a jailbreak still be based on the slow ios9? Surely it's not stuck being an expensive, slow paperweight.

It will still be ios9. I haven't updated yet so I don't really know what's up with slowness. There are tweaks that make it feel faster when you jailbreak, like speed up the animations and transitions and stuff. They can make it feel much faster.

If you mean like you click an app then have to wait several seconds for it to open, or input lag or whatevs, not sure you can fix that.

Maybe backup your iPad and do a full restore? Or wait until newer versions of 9 come out that might fix the slowness. Often the major revision of iOS is slow and resource intensive, then gets smoothed out in minor releases.

Edit: no you can't go backwards

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

The Dave posted:

And the 9.0.2 signing window is closed.

drat! I did my iPad but didn't get around to phone.

I kinda don't love ios9 anyway. Seems like the new features and changes would be too crowded for the smaller screen.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

First thing I did was tweak that terrible new app switcher back to iOS 8 style

You just inspired me to do the same!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

- edit nvm get videopane quite cool of a feature (enables picture in picture with videos)

Does this work with anything but iTunes video and FaceTime? I tried YouTube and Netflix, being the only videos I ever watch and didn't get it working. Very possible I just had no idea what I was doing.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Javid posted:

Is there a tweak to port the split-screen multitasking thing to older devices? That's basically the only reason I'll ever be interested in 9.x on my iPad.

I just installed medusa and it works great.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
There was a million dollar reward to the first iOS 9 jailbreak, and that seems to have gotten results. Was thinking about a Kickstarter that jailbreak users could give a few bucks to give some incentive, but guessing that would surely be against the rules.

Just patience will be rewarded, always has been.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

has there ever been a time when people thought for sure a jailbreak wasn't coming and it didn't? I mean it's never been longer than 6 months. Love when on IOS6 or whatever the gently caress it was everyone was convinced it was the last JB ever since that jb dude got hired by Apple but then China comes from left field

Nah, minor versions have been skipped a few times, but I don't think two minor versions in a row have been.

If they are close on a 9.1 jailbreak, the smart move would be to sit on it and hope the same exploit is there on 9.2 if not then they'll know when the betas come out.

Edit: there a million dollar bounty out for a REMOTE jailbreak right now but I don't think that's been a thing since like ios4

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Who's paying that money though? Chinese companies?

'Security' companies of the type that pay for exploits for themselves. Not talking kaspersky labs here

Edit: actually it appears the million dollar bounty for a remote untethered jailbreak for iOS 9.1 and 9.2 has been claimed...

https://www.zerodium.com/ios9.html

Yet we still don't have a local jailbreak...

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 2, 2015

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Rumor has it that 9.2 jailbreak will be out before the new year. I think we got it as a Christmas present last year!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's a fake 9.2 jailbreak going around too. Spreads trojans.

Oh yuck. Yeah this thread will totes explode when it comes out, so I guess don't be downloading things out of desperation quite yet.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone have success with iPad pro? Someone above heard they have issues and I really wanna jailbreak this thing!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This doesn't appear to be true.

DL'd a few things from Cydia this morning which initiated a reboot. Now, the Akram app is still listed as trusted, but iOS wants me to verify the app. Which, of course, doesn't work.

So I went and jailbroke my iPad pro using the Chinese windows program which worked well, however it never asked for Apple credentials so I don't know what's up with that. Yesterday I went to run the PP thing after a reboot and it said untrusted, so I went into profile settings and trusted it again and all works well.

For now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I redid my iPad Pro with the English version using compactor, and it seems very smooth. I was annoyed I didn't know what the rejailbreak thing said and that pp app.

I'm going through and doing all my other devices now before the window closes.

My only question is the 7 day rejailbreak thing? If you used an apple account to sign, is that the deal? Seeing all sorts of articles saying different things and different versions of the jailbreak with a year, or options I didn't have or whatever. I'm currently using 1.1

• Locked thread