Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

bull3964 posted:

In the meantime, I'm going to be rocking my OG Droid with Gingerbread on it until Verizon gets their phones sorted out.

I'm running Pete's GPA15 Gingerbread build, but things just seem to drag so drat slow. I also downloaded one of his kernels to OC the drat thing.

Any tips for boosing performance on the original droid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

I have a droid bionic for my personal phone. Work just got me a Galaxy S3 for my work phone. I kind of prefer the Galaxy to the bionic. Is there a way to change the account the phones are on without incurring a bunch of fees?

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

You could just swap SIMs, but the Bionic and S3 take different sizes.

If a store won't give you different size SIMs because you can't monkey with your work account, get one of those $5 SIM cutters on Amazon that comes with an adapter, or get one of the adapters and have the store give you a micro-SIM for your personal line.

Cut the SIM from the Bionic, put it in the S3. Take the SIM from the S3, put it in the adapter, and stick it in the Bionic.

I'm the primary contact on the work account so maybe the store will just swap them for me. I'll give this a shot.

Edit: Followup Question. My bionic is rooted and running ICS, should I revert back to stock before doing this?

Phummus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 5, 2012

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

AppleCobbler posted:

No, you don't even need to give them the phone. Just come in and tell them your account info and say you want a micro SIM set up for it.

According to the rep I talked to at the store, doing so would "void the warranty" and he advised me to wait until the bionic is up for an upgrade. I assume he was just trying to try to get me to spend the $ on a new handset and get into their new tiered plan.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

I recently upgraded from my droid bionic to a Lumia 928. If I return the 928 and pay the $35 restocking fee, then get a galaxy S4, so I have to pay the $30 upgrade fee again?

• Locked thread