Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

We don't go dancing at the club with babies. We go baby clubbing.
Anyone else having the 2.3 update for the droid X slow your phone down a lot? the first hour or so after i boot up my phone is just unusably slow. I really hate wiping my phone, so if i can avoid that, i would love to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

I was having a problem on my droidx where i couldn't dial new numbers. I was already on my third phone so I called up verizon and they let me upgrade a year early. I pretty much had to do it on the spot, but I went ahead and bit the bullet on a bionic. IF the vigor is announced next week... I'll trade my phone in for that one. The only stipulation was that I NOT get an Iphone.

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

Aatrek posted:

Yup, I called up and was told that they are 'very strict' about upgrade dates, and that Verizon 'used to have' early upgrade offers for primary lines but that was 'discontinued a while ago'. The rep had never heard of the emails that have been going out recently.

The rep told me that an early termination would be $140, and then even if I started a new contract with Verizon today after that, I'd lose my $30/month unlimited plan.

I'm either stuck waiting, or face buying the phone off-contract (which, depending on the price, is sounding more and more reasonable).

I Called verizon about 2 weeks ago because my droid x will no longer dial new numbers. It will dial contacts, but not open the dialer. This is currently my third droid X after the first 2 would not locate a 3g signal. I told them I was not willing to hard reset my phone or anything similar and I wanted to know options. They offered me an early upgrade to anything but an iphone. I chose the Bionic, but after receiving it and coming to terms with my area never getting 4g, I returned it within 15 days to get something different. They then canceled my early upgrade and left me hanging. I called back today and they gave me back the early upgrade AND let me preorder a 4S.

Keep complaining to them till they give in.

EDIT: My upgrade was supposed to be april '12

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

I just went in and preordered a 5s. They said that I could not do the upgrade swap to keep unlimited, but once I gave her the sfo code from this thread for the 6gb max plan, she applied it with no issues. Her sales reps had no idea of the plan, could not search for it, but when I gave her the code she pulled it up without any issues.

6gb is a heck of a lot better deal than 2gb. No mention of edge when I signed up.

film_critic
Jul 23, 2007

quote:

· SFO 79398: $30 Loyalty Max 6GB

This is what I gave the verizon employee and it was no issues.

• Locked thread