Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Before I waste my time tomorrow, can someone tell me if I have my thinking correct:

I have a DROID 1 as of now, which I am beginning to loathe.
I am not due for an upgrade until next year (February 2012) but my father's line has an upgrade available. I am allowed to use his upgrade on my line since my parents keep their dumbphones.

If I got to the VZW store tomorrow, will I only need to pay $199 plus tax for the iPhone 4? I can get the "discounted" 2-year contract price for any of the phones that have that special going on, such as $249.99 for the HTC Revolution, etc, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Penguissimo posted:

The Revolution is an LG phone, but you're correct about everything else. If you're using an upgrade, you're eligible for the 2-year contract price.

Durrr, I can't read... thought HTC Revolution sounded weird.

Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure I didn't go up there to waste time.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Yes, it's just like using your own line's upgrade, except your father's line's contract will be extended, not yours. You'll have to be an "authorized user" (or whatever the term they use is) for the account in order to do it.

I see, that's why I was confused. Didn't know which line was getting extended.

I'm an authorized user but they still make me call the primary line (my mother) to verify, no big deal though.

Thank you guys!

Since i'm upgrading soon, what phones should I look at?
I'm coming from an OG Moto Droid... which I enjoyed for awhile but looking for something different (i've rooted and done all that as well), which is why i'm considering the iPhone.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Thanks for the suggestions... i'm not in a 4G area right now so that's not a priority.

I'll probably just wait for the Bionic, it looks dope!

• Locked thread