Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Matlock posted:

From the coupons/deals thread, Amazon has all of Verizon's 4G phones on sale for Memorial Day.

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt - $129.99
Verizon Samsung Droid Charge - $179.99
Verizon LG Revolution - $149.99

drat, the Thunderbolt goes up to $199 if you're on a family plan :sigh:

In fact, all the phones have about $70 tacked on from the individual price if you're on a family plan. Why the hell would they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

HondaCivet posted:

Is there a nice list somewhere of what places are getting 4G and when (at least, the dates we know of)? The 4G phone selection is pretty small and homogenous but I ended up going with the Thunderbolt anyway after I found out that the place we are moving to, Portland, is getting 4G in July.

It's OK though because it's a sweet-rear end phone.

I'd like to know this as well. I've decided to go with the Thunderbolt solely because I'd want a 4g phone if my area got 4g before my next upgrade.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

So I ordered a phone from Letstalk.com and there was an authorization issue. They were closed this weekend due to the 4th and it only got fixed yesterday. I won't actually get the phone till tomorrow, and the upgrade hasn't shown up as having happened yet on my verizon.com account management page. Am I hosed? :ohdear:

My invoice through letstalk says it'll add $30 monthly unlimited, so hopefully it'll get backdated to the 3rd/5th, but I'm worried and don't have a spare smartphone lying around to put on my line just in case.

Should I be worried?

• Locked thread