Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BagelMaster
Mar 20, 2008
So what's the deal with reselling a phone while you're on contract (or buying to avoid signing a new contract)? Do you typically just get a phone on a 2-year contract, and when you sell it, you deactivate and wipe it, and someone can purchase it at a premium because they don't have to sign a new contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BagelMaster
Mar 20, 2008
Thanks! A friend of mine threw out the idea of teaching for him at a music school in Europe next year. I've been due for a new phone it a while now, but none of the world phones have caught my attention, so I was thinking of getting whatever phone, and if I decide to take the position I'll just sell the CDMA phone and then use whatever I make off of that to offset some of another world phone off contract (iPhone 5 or 6 or whatever it'll be after this upcoming iteration).

BagelMaster
Mar 20, 2008
I preordered my iPhone 4S, but unfortunately when I got to the shipping and billing address page, the shipping address form was broken and I couldn't change the shipping address. I tried multiple times with no luck. If I call Verizon, do you think I could get that rectified and have it shipped to my current address rather than the billing address (my parents, yay family plan!), or perhaps just have an in-store pickup? Otherwise I'll just hang out and have them mail it to me after it arrives on the 14th, I just don't want to wade through customer service reps only to have my hopes and dreams crushed.

BagelMaster
Mar 20, 2008

Vintimus Prime posted:

Same situation. I will be calling them this morning and see if it's possible to change the address. I would like it shipped to my job, so we'll see.

I called and they said they were unable to change the shipping address on a pre-order. I asked why and they said "Well... there actually isn't an option too. The information is just there, and that's all that shows up." Apparently my rep asked around too because they've been getting several complaints about that v :( v

• Locked thread