Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

So if they drop the unlimited, does that mean that it's still going to be $30 a month for two gigs or so? Does the change allow for an early termination? I'm considering switching to AT&T to share a family plan with my girlfriend because my current family plan I'm on with Verizon has me using a lot of minutes each month talking to her. I don't know if it's a stupid idea or not, but I am thinking about it. I've had nothing but bad reception lately, though fortunately my new iPad is fine on VZW for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Aurium posted:

New contract terms (in this case, going to tiered data) only affect you when you sign a new contract. As long as you keep your current phone, or upgrade though full retail prices, you'll keep your unlimited data.

It's fantastically unlikely that it will allow for early termination. Early termination is almost always relegated to when they are forced to change the current terms, such as changes in regulation. In fact they avoid changing current terms because that's when they are forced to allow you to early terminate. They don't want to give you a reason (or a way) out so they don't change it on you.

Going from family on verizon to family on att won't really be cheaper (and will tier your data to 2gigs), and unless you actually run out of minutes, why does it matter how many you use on who?

Well the short of it is that I probably use at least 50% of the family's current monthly minutes. I wasn't sure if Verizon had that special "top five" sort of thing still as someone mentioned, but if I were on her network, it'd cut what she pays by half and my own reception might be better. Considering my location I'm surprised it's always 1/2 bars. Maybe it's the phone, but it's a pain to get Verizon to do anything at all about it even if you're a good customer.

• Locked thread