Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
What's up with this Thunderbolt rebooting poo poo? It's done it a couple times, but no big deal, but tonight I was on the phone and it rebooted itself. If I root and put a ROM on, will that fix it? Or is there word when a new update is coming out to fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Was it pushed for everyone? I don't want to upgrade and get the old version that breaks poo poo. When I check for an update, it doesn't give a version, but the size is 73.589 mb. Is that the new one or the old on?

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I have occasional battery issues on my TBolt too, but I'm blaming it on some runaway process. Normally I'll get home with 30% left without a problem (admittedly with pretty light usage) but some days (like today) I took the phone off charger at around 9:30, and now it's almost 12:30 and it's at 45% remaining. A reboot usually fixes it just fine. I don't know what the gently caress is doing it, but it kind of pisses me off. Is there a decent app that will show me what's actually running? The processes thing in the battery section isn't very helpful.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Does VZ still have the Fave 5 thing or whatever it was called for like $5? That's probably the only way to do it if they still have that option.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Two questions, that should probably go in other threads, but gently caress it, I don't care because they're huge:

Anyone know of an app that will auto-reboot your phone at a certain time?

What's currently the best/most stable ROM for Thunderbolt?

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001

JayKay posted:

Small update. I've switched ROMS from Sense(BAMF Forever) back to AOSP(CM7* and finished calibration. I'm currently at 78% after 12 hours off charger. While it was only light usage with 32 minutes of screen activation, I'm pretty happy. With my stock battery, it'd be long dead with 4G and probably in the low 30% with 3G only.

While it no longer has its svelte and aesthetically pleasing curves, the fact I can actually an entire day on 4G without charging is so worth it.

Hmm, you didn't have any problems running CM7 on your Tbolt? I installed 7.1.1 the other night, but had all kinds of weird little problems. No display when I tried making calls, 4g was pretty flaky, Bluetooth didn't work very well (but I'm having BT problems on BAMF Forever I installed last night, so meh). I might try it again if you're getting that good a battery life.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Anyone have a not-lovely Thunderbolt battery cover kicking around they want to sell? Or know where I can find one cheap? I'm thinking about selling the TB when the Nexus comes out, but my back cover has a bit of road rash on it.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Which phone is going to have the higher aftermarket value once the Razr HD comes out? Sealed iPhone 4s or sealed SGS3? Any predictions? I'd really like to dump this loving Thunderbolt for a Razr Maxx, but if I can wait an extra month or two for the HD, I'll do that.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001

TenaciousTomato posted:

But it's 3G. Do we know if using our upgrade will void the current unlim. 4G? What if we don't even activate the phone?

Hmm, good point, I didn't think about that. Anyone know?

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Right from the VZ Site:

I have an unlimited data plan on my account. Do I need to change it?

You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-PLANRECMND

Last bullet point at the bottom (assuming that link even works)

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
Just got my MAXX and am loving it so far. However, I stuck the 32 gig SD card from my Thunderbolt into the new phone, and of course it's not picking it up, since it has an internal storage as well. Is there any hack or setting somewhere that will have it read from the external SD card first or only? I guess I can transfer setting to the internal SD, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end. I also assume it's like an actual SD card, and isn't wiped if you wipe the phone, or load a ROM or anything like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001

Mighty Horse posted:

It should just work fine. Are you sure you have it in right?

Yeah, I'm just stupid. My 32 gig card only had 15 gigs free, and when I was trying to change where the camera app saved pictures, I got confused and thought it was the internal storage. :bang:

• Locked thread