Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

I also don't like how I lose a good half (portrait) to three-quarters (landscape) of my screen to the drat keyboard, either.

This is a huge part of it for me -- while most of the softkey-only phones are starting to have larger screens, you lose so much of that when the keyboard appears that I'd much rather have the physical keyboard save me from losing that screen space. Of course, typing is also more comfortable with the physical keyboard as well.

I guess I feel somewhat spoiled by getting to use an Epic and an Evo Shift for work, that makes me wonder why Verizon can't have something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer
I hope that Verizon store employees are getting overtime pay or something for working today, because the rush of people scrambling to get last-minute smartphones was pretty impressive to see here in Boston.

• Locked thread