Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful

big mean giraffe posted:

I've had mine 2 weeks now and I agree, best phone I've ever owned. 24 hours off the charger and it was still at 65% with plenty of use.

I've actually succeeded at draining it down to the 30-40% range at the end of a day by running GPS/MyTracks for 8 hours of snowboarding while simultaneously streaming Pandora for tunes.

I don't even bother plugging it in while driving anymore, even when using GPS navigation. My S3 couldn't make it across the street with GPS running off the charger.

I also haven't bothered with turning off wifi, bluetooth, or GPS when I'm not using them, something I was constantly minding on my S3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful
I bought my Maxx 2 weeks ago today for $499. Today it dropped to $449. Any chance of getting VZW to refund the $50?

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful
Kinda convoluted question about my girlfriend's phone line with Verizon. This happened in March, before we, so details are a little fuzzy, and it may totally be her fault, but wondered if someone could figure it out.

GF and her mom were on the same account. GF wanted to split phone off to her own account. She called Verizon to port number off account with phone number, and was initially told couldn't keep old number (I question this aspect of the story, she may have just misunderstood). Regardless, she opened a new account, left her old number on her mom's account, and got a new phone on contract. She called back after activation and asked if there was any way she could keep her old number and this representative told her it was possible, she just need authorization from her mom.

They went through that process, and ported the number to her account, but rather than replacing her old number, it added on as a second line. So the end result is she has both the new number and old number on account and is being charged for both.

I suspect the issue that her old line was still under contract, and her new line is obviously now under contract as well. But it's clearly an issue of misunderstanding and/or poor communication between the Verizon reps and my gf.

What are her options?

• Locked thread