Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I'm loving livid about this data plan bullshit. Why even have all of these loving apps when three youtube videos will put you at your monthly data limit? This is my only means of accessing the internet. I don't know how I'm going to apply for jobs now.
PROTIP: Use your phone's GPS to find a local library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The New Every Two thing they got rid of is basically just an extra $50 if you wait til the two years, right? My family plan's main phone is eligible for an upgrade now, or if I wait til November there is an extra "loyalty" discount - I assume just $50?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also check letstalk.com, that is Wal-Mart. They have Thunderbolt for the same price as Amazon.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Currently the Incredible 2, X2, Thunderbolt and Revolution are all at the free with 2 year agreement stage on letstalk.com and Amazon Wireless. I'm thinking the Incredible 2 would be the best value, unless they fixed all of the Thunderbolt issues? It is for my sister, so 4G really isn't a big deal.

Or, do you think that with all the new phones that are in the process of coming out, that the Bionic would be discounted soon? It is already at that halfway discount ($119), but I wonder if it might drop more.

edit: scratch that, the Thunderbolt and Revolution aren't free for a family plan agreement. I guess it is between the X2 and Incredible 2.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the opinions. I had an Incredible 1 and liked it, so was going to suggest it anyway, but wanted to be sure. Thanks.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone use Squaretrade for insurance?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

doctor thodt posted:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/25/official-droid-4-specs-its-definitely-a-big-razr-with-a-keyboard-and-4g-lte/

Really enjoying the Razr, but looks like I'm about to put it on Craigslist :sweatdrop:

Hopefully this should be nice and cheap when my upgrade comes next July :allears:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Any word on any Windows Phone 8 deals? I want a Windows Phone SO BAD, but Walmart offering the S3 for $30 after rebate for Black Friday is pretty much unbeatable...

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bull3964 posted:

Buy what you want, not what the subsidized price will be.

You're paying nearly $700 for the phone over the life of the contract, spending an extra $50-$100 is a drop in the bucket compared to that so it's far better to get what makes you happy.

Yeah, but that's the thing. I KNOW what I'm going to get with the S3. I have no idea what I am going to get with a Windows Phone (even though I have faith in the platform's success). Price parity would be enough for me to grab a Windows Phone... but I don't want to take a leap and pay more to do it.

You are right though, I do need to consider that more...

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't Apple play favorites too, by giving volume rebates to preferred retailers?

• Locked thread