Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
From the coupons/deals thread, Amazon has all of Verizon's 4G phones on sale for Memorial Day.

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt - $129.99
Verizon Samsung Droid Charge - $179.99
Verizon LG Revolution - $149.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Cozmosis posted:

But alas, no free phones as rumored.

The other carriers have a couple free phones here and there, and all the WinMo7 phones are free with some sort of special offer afterwards...But nothing 4G for VZW. :\

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Just saw this over in C/D: if you're a new signup to Verizon, every phone on their service is available for a penny through Amazon. Not bad.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

kitten smoothie posted:

I wonder what commission Costco gets for putting you on a 2 year contract, if they'd rather sell you no device at all than sell you one outside of your contract.

Likely $70/unit + recurring percentage.

Matlock fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 19, 2011

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Beats Audio includes a Wolfson DAC

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Reviews of the Sensation XE have no indication that they are using a Wolfson DAC.

This isn't something I've seen anywhere, where are you sourcing this info?

Every HP product I've had my hands on that's had Beats Audio has also included a Wolfson DAC. That sorta points to a standard and not just an EQ setting.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Posted this over in C/D as well, but if you're opening a new contract with Big Red Amazon's got every freaking phone on the service for a penny.

That includes the RAZR.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

What's the catch? Surely they can't be subsidizing the price of an entire phone through a plan.

No catch, far as I can tell. They've been running insane deals like this for a great while.

I do know that if you cancel service before day 181, you're liable for an ETF to the carrier as well as $250 to Amazon (which I'm assuming is their spiff on the item--which they're eating upfront).

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Remember kids, the Droid RAZR launched at a highly discounted rate on Amazon--so don't go running off to the store too fast.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Pizza Club posted:

So I'm ready to leave Sprint. Are there any referral bonuses or promos going on? I'm pretty sure I'm going Gnex.

Amazon has the Gnex for $199, $100 less than getting it from VZW direct. That's all I got.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

AmazonWireless just added the RAZR MAXX to their site. Page isn't live yet, nor is the pricing. Figure it'll go live sometime tomorrow. Given Official VZW Pricing is $299, I'd be surprised to see it launch over $199.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Thanks for the recs. Do any of the dumbphones with QWERTY keyboards available from Verizon not suck? I wind up having to answer texts a lot for work.

Didn't VZW have a phone that had the same form factor as the Samsung Reclaim/LG RemarQ at one point? I could have sworn they did. It's pretty much perfect for what you're looking to do.

If nothing else, the LG Octane Isn't Bad.

Matlock fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 26, 2012

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

I have my Droid 4.

THIS PHONE IS SO loving FAST HOLY poo poo. :science:

It's also $150 for renewals/$100 for new customers on Amazon right now. Woo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Looks like the Galaxy Nexus is a penny with new contracts nowadays.

• Locked thread