Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

It's got planets and stuff.

Mighty Horse posted:

This is a Maxx. Its pretty heavy. I am so happy with the Razr M's size, I don't think I will switch.

I wish there was a Razr M MAXX. Would be the perfect phone, IMO. Since I have an tablet, I'm getting tired of carrying around these gargantu-phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

The Gasmask posted:

Thanks to the guy at the Verizon store finding a nanoSIM, I was able to switch over to the iPhone 5 without a 24h wait while keeping my unlimited data!

This is my first experience with LTE, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I was told by Verizon that it wouldn't be available at my home for a while, but since I happen to live right next to a town that has it I get an okay signal from my house! It's nowhere near some of the speeds I've seen posted here (I generally top out at 3 megabytes a second), but it's faster than my home Internet.

Has VZW been good about their upgrade schedule? Proper coverage was listed as a couple months away, but I'm not sure if I should expect it to be longer.

3 Megabytes or 3 Megabits? 3MBps is very fast, about 24Mbps.

And, yes, Verizon is very ahead of schedule in most areas.

Funny anecdote: There's a rural tower about 15 miles from my store that was slated to get 4G in August. When they went to climb the tower, however, they discovered an endangered bird species had made a nest in it. Since it's a protected species, Verizon was, and is, forced to wait until the birds migrate south before launching 4G on that tower. (And if I hear another red neck pitch a fit because they think 4G is more important than this bird species, I swear……)

SpacedOut fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 27, 2012

SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

kitten smoothie posted:

In the last year and a half I've been a Verizon customer I honestly have nothing but crazy positive stuff to say about the quality of the service, and it's only gotten better. The customer service I've gotten has been awesome too; I've had an instance or two where they've gone way further than they should have without me even asking.

The tradeoff is that I've certainly paid way more for that than I did with AT&T.

One of the first things I always say to prospective customers (esp. if they balk at the price) is "Verizon never competes on price, we compete on the quality of our network and of our service."

SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

Porkchop Express posted:

So who do I trust here, my iPhone that says I have used 380mb of data or Verizon, who says I have used about 70mb?

iPhone 4/4S, or 5? If it's the 4/4S, it might be that your data usage with VZW hasn't fully updated yet.

3G data usage information can take up to 48 hours to reflect properly on your account (sometimes longer if roaming). 4G data usage information generally takes only 15 minutes to be properly reflected.

SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Apparently the price of the Note 2 was dropped to $199 by a few retailers, but not Verizon. Does anyone know if Big Red offers a refund on the difference? Unlikely, I'm sure...

To competitors, no. But if corporate pricing drops before 1/15/2013, which is this holiday's Worry Free Guarantee period, you can get a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacedOut
Dec 1, 2004

Mighty Horse posted:

Honestly, the store makes anywhere from $10 to $40 selling a phone that cost them around 500-600 to have in inventory, they would rather you did as well. :)

Hell, a customer can walk into an apple store and outright purchase a 4S for $10 less than they sell them to us.

Quoted for truth. Apple is a bastard when it comes to selling to resellers with all of their products, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Macs, etc.

The razor thin margins are part of the reason VZW had to abandon New Every Two, and has implemented $30 upgrade fees. When I used to manage a RadioShack, of one of my employees sold an iPod without any accessories, it was essentially a negative profit sale for my store once you accounted for wages, lease/insurance costs, distribution costs, and all the other overhead crap.

• Locked thread