Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Coming on as a new customer, would it be possible to get a used incredible online, start up a contract, and then save my subsidy for when better (dual core + LTE) options are available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Wasn't there some mention of being able to share data rather than having to get separate data plans per line a while back? Any idea if that will pan out with the new tiered pricing? Estimating my current usage won't change dramatically (~500-700 MB/mo), it'd be really nice to be able to get the 2gb data plan and share it between 2 people, rather than have to pay separately per line.

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
So as far as I can tell, the OTA Gingerbread update for the Thunderbolt has been available since 2 weeks ago. However, every time I check for an update, my phone reports that there isn't a new one. Do OTA updates roll out gradually across the country, or am I missing something?

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
For one brief shining moment this afternoon, LTE was on in my city finally. 26 Mb down, 3 Mb up. Thought they had decided to turn it on early (it's due to turn on November 17th), but sadly it only lasted 30 minutes. Is this a thing that Verizon does?

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
If only they managed to give me something between 6 and 12GB, then I'd probably be set. Averaging 2-4GB usage per line with 2 lines, so to be on the safe side, I'd have to go for the 12GB plan. As it stands right now with a 22% employee discount:

$50 - 22% (700 min)
$30 - 22% (unlimited data line 1)
$30 (6GB Max promotion line 2)
$5 - 22% (250 text line 1)
$5 (250 text line 2)
$20 - 2 line access fees
= $121.30

With new plan

$80 - 22% (12GB bucket)
$20 - 22%(maybe?) (line access #1)
$20 (line access #2)
= $98 or $102.40 depending on if the line 1 access fee gets discounted or not
- Also would potentially be useful to be able to add a tablet/smartwatch down the line on the cheap

Hm... so saving about $20 a month. Annoying though, since I haven't used a subsidy since they pulled the plug on keeping unlimited with subsidized upgrades. Though the unlimited and 6GB plans data plans are definitely out of line with their current data pricing, and maybe for people on more recent plans, the savings are greater?

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text

Cozmosis posted:

I believe they charge $40 if you are still under contract.

This is correct. When I checked the price to compare to my current plan it showed that I'm off contract and it would be $20 for my line, but $40 for the other line, as her contract doesn't end until October.

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Hm... trying to figure out the best way to leverage my current phones. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and a Moto X 2014, both in good working condition, no cracks/scratches/etc. Thinking about upgrading, looking at the Nexus 6p. If they're offering $200 for any phone, that's better than I can get for the note 2 on Swappa. However, with the $200 off offer, it's not clear to me how much the Turbo 2 will end up selling for on the used market.

So either sell the note 2 and moto x myself, or trade in the note 2 for a discount on the turbo 2 and then sell that and the moto x. Any thoughts? Or maybe the turbo 2 will be so awesome that I'll just keep it, but I have my doubts.

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Is there something you have to do to get the promotional trade in value? I want to upgrade my wife's 5s to a 7 or a Pixel, but the online appraisal thing says it's only worth $85. Any chance one of the promotions would make the trade in value significantly higher than selling it on Swappa?

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
Do the deals only work in store? I tried looking online, and when I got to trade-in/upgrade my wife's 5s to the 7, it quotes me $65 for the trade in and full price for the phone otherwise. Also, when I look at the Pixel, before logging in it says $10/mp, but if I log in, it goes up to $27/mo. Also, are the deals good all weekend, or just today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text

Chu020 posted:

Do the deals only work in store? I tried looking online, and when I got to trade-in/upgrade my wife's 5s to the 7, it quotes me $65 for the trade in and full price for the phone otherwise. Also, when I look at the Pixel, before logging in it says $10/mp, but if I log in, it goes up to $27/mo. Also, are the deals good all weekend, or just today?

Ugh, just looked again and under the quote it says 'employee price.' Does that mean that since I'm getting a corporate discount on the plan that I'm not eligible for any of the promos? Ugh.

• Locked thread