Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I doubt Costco can see the early upgrade either, I don't know though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
My data was not there when I woke up for work, its back now but I'm not sure if 4G is up or not.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Meldonox posted:

Sounds like a good opportunity to call in and bitch until I get a credit.

Tell us how it goes!!

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

I never had to pay shipping on our warranty refurbs and they always came overnight.

I was going to say this. I've gotten a few things through the stores and no matter what it is they've always overnighted it. I think I've gotten a replacement phone, an extended battery and two phones they were out of and all were overnighted automatically.

Was it a corporate store?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Athrok_01 posted:

Would I be better off waiting 2 or 3 months for another device to be released? That's always the question.

Maybe for better hardware, but unless you have to have a huge battery or amazing camera your best bet is to pick up the Nexus. It's going to have the best software support bar none and is an excellent all around phone.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Athrok_01 posted:

How about the razr maxx? I feel like the first thing I'm going to do is root the thing, so is software support such an issue?

It's a fine phone, but it still has a locked boot loader which will make some things slightly more difficult and some things impossible as far as modding goes. Unless there is something that you just hate about the Galaxy Nexus it really is your best bet.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Jake Gittes posted:

I'm got getting data of any sort (4g,3g, or otherwise) this morning in the Houston area. Anyone else having any problems?

Weird, I've had no data issues in the Pasadena, La Porte area.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

I have to buy a new phone today. What is the consensus on the top android phones currently out? I was looking at the RAZR Maxx but didn't want to pass up other considerations.

Unless you absolutely have to have a feature that is specific to the Razr you should get the GNex.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

There's been a lot of discussion in the Android thread about how the Droid 4 has a really terrible screen. Go check one out at a store before you buy one.

Truly awful in my opinion, and I had an X2 for a while. Though as someone who sympathizes with the keyboard crowd, when you need a keyboard, you need a keyboard.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

stormrider posted:

I haven't seen a Nexus in person yet. How does its screen compare to the droid x? Am I going to miss the extra real estate?

Considering your getting more screen probably not. I think when you include the on screen buttons it comes out to about 4.3 inches, 4.65 inch screen size though. Also the Gnex screen will make your DX screen look like babby's first smartphone screen.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Go try one in the store.

This is really the best advice though, you might find that another phone suits your needs better.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

I guess my eyes just suck, because I don't see it. :smith:

Don't worry about your eyes bro you've just been blinded by that sexy sexy keyboard.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I'm pretty sure he wanted good battery life out of an android smartphone, which would be one of the Razr MAXX's features.

Yea I didn't realize that was him, if battery life is a requirement then you can't really beat the Maxx. Good phone with pretty stellar battery life.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

Isn't RAZR suppose to get ice cream sandwhich soon anyways? Why is having ICS right now on the Nexus so much more important?

Soon is optimistic. In addition to what everyone else said.

Edit: Just went in to the Verizon store to replace my GNex and I got overnight shipping without asking or paying. I remember us having a discussion about that a while ago.

Codiusprime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I haven't had a total signal drop with my Galaxy Nexus since flashing to 4.0.4.

It seriously fixes every issue I had with the phone. Why haven't they pushed it out yet again? I thought we knew about a bug or something. Either way it's a shame it hasn't been pushed as it takes care of the phone's few issues.

• Locked thread