Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
I've been using a verizon flipphone for many many years. It's broken and now I need a smartphone (I guess just something that can get the internet and check email?) but I want to wait until the galaxy s III comes out next year (or at least until ice cream sandwich phones start to drop) before I sign any kind of contract.

Can I buy an old android on ebay or craigslist and just go month to month with Verizon until next year? What kind of used smartphones can/should I get for under $150?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

Codiusprime posted:

Droid Prime will have ICS on it and will probably drop in the next couple of months, any specific reason why you want to wait for the SGS3?

I guess it wouldn't have to be that phone. I'm basically looking for a great phone that is dualcore, 4g, and will have icecream sandwich. Phones like this should start coming out this fall, no?

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

PorkFat posted:

Can any Verizon employee confirm what I read in other forums: If you have a lovely connection (we're talking one or two bars, constant dropped calls), Verizon will work with you and discount the cost of their network extender? Someone on another forum said they got the new $250 3G extender for $50. Not that I'm expecting such a discount but any amount off an item that's quickly becoming a necessity would be great.

What kind of language or things should I say that would persuade them? Any special programs to mention?

If you really play hardball with them and threaten to cancel your service you can get it for free, I got one for my parents this way. Just mention that you've been paying for a service that you don't really get (service in your home) and that you've been a loyal customer for X years but you'll go somewhere else if they don't hook you up with a free network extender. If they say 'we don't do that', let them know that you've done your research and know that they have done it before. Don't accept a discount, either. Keep threatening to cancel your account.

• Locked thread