Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The Gobbledygooker posted:

Christ I'm native american and I find it offensive the reason there aren't more people who do is because for a lot of native americans the whole "living in 3rd world conditions on a reservation" is a more important issue and most of them got murdered by the government so there aren't enough of them to cause widespread outrage.
This will get dismissed as "okay whatever dude" but it's entirely correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Dominion posted:

Well, fair enough. I suppose the next question is whether or not it's ok to keep a team name that offends 5-12% of the racial group it refers to.

That's a fair question. But it's not fair to say that those who don't find it offensive are racist or to say that there's any clear cut answer as to whether the name can be written as clearly offensive in the social sense. Is 9% enough? There's plenty of room for debate.

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 3, 2011

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

The Gobbledygooker posted:

Christ I'm native american and I find it offensive the reason there aren't more people who do is because for a lot of native americans the whole "living in 3rd world conditions on a reservation" is a more important issue and most of them got murdered by the government so there aren't enough of them to cause widespread outrage.

Drew Carey has unironically stated that if the native americans don't like the way they're portrayed as sports mascots/nicknames, they should have fought harder. It is very important his precious Cleveland Indians not have to change their logo.

Sorry an entire government enacted genocide against you, but you lost fair and square so now we get to use offensive racial caricatures to represent our sports teams all we like. Deal with it.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

So uhhhh.....how did we get here?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

From caste football:

white is right posted:

You need to be superb athlete with the brain power of a pilot to be a top qb in the modern NFL. Guys like Vick just aren't smart enough for the position. Also Whites have stronger arms period, it's highlighted in sports with similar bio-mechanics such as pitchers and javelin throwers.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

commy gun posted:

So uhhhh.....how did we get here?

Well it all started when european immigrants started traveling west in search of la- oh wait you mean the thread.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

From caste football:

I just read that and thought, "Man, what if Jamarcus had tried for baseball instead of football?"

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

From caste football:

Donovan McNabb: Lacking the elite brain power of a pilot and the superior arm strength of a Tim Wakefield.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

From caste football:

Never tell this guy about Aroldis Chapman

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

From caste football:

Chad Pennington strongest arm in the NFL.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

From caste football:

Brain power of a pilot?

1) Taxi to runway, effectively the same as driving your car.
2) Set flaps and throttles, according to preset charts for aircraft type and weight.
3) Set autobrakes.
4) Engage throttles.
5) At predetermined speed, pull back on yoke.
6) When aircraft reaches positive rate of climb, engage flight director and retract gear.
7) Aircraft will now fly itself to its destination, and if you're fancy land itself when it gets there. (You will have to turn on the auto-land).

Congratulations, you now have the brain power of a pilot.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Well, not everyone can master Microsoft Flight Simulator '97. :smug:

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
cool thread direction.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dan Snyder doesn't care about red people.

On an actual note, being australian I know nothing about Native Americans other than what I've learned watching Deadwood but I didn't think Redskin was a derogative term?

are people pissed off because they (non-native americans) use the name referring to native americans because native americans were systematically killed by the government or is it actually a derogatory term like negro or whatever else the cool kids at caste football are using these days?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

BlindSite posted:

Dan Snyder doesn't care about red people.

On an actual note, being australian I know nothing about Native Americans other than what I've learned watching Deadwood but I didn't think Redskin was a derogative term?

are people pissed off because they (non-native americans) use the name referring to native americans because native americans were systematically killed by the government or is it actually a derogatory term like negro or whatever else the cool kids at caste football are using these days?

Redskin or red man is on par with calling an asian person yellow. It's not a super-charged hateful term like some other racial slurs but it's not something you'd be ok calling someone casually without expecting them to get offended.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dominion posted:

Redskin or red man is on par with calling an asian person yellow. It's not a super-charged hateful term like some other racial slurs but it's not something you'd be ok calling someone casually without expecting them to get offended.

Wouldn't that be down to connotation though, like Obama's inaugural address IIRC

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
In Auburn tree news, they're still alive. Horticulturalists are working on them, and here's some comments on the article about it.

quote:

Could we just put the trees out of their misery and chop them down, grind them up into toilet paper, plant new trees, and then roll the sacred toilet paper on the helpless trees after every victory in the annual new years tidy bowl game. Or maybe trupa and lupa could pay some 'tree surgeons' to heal them like they pay the recruits..... tick, tick, tick

quote:

Are these trees part of the barner's religion? Is this part of that "god thang" they like throwing around?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Wouldn't that be down to connotation though, like Obama's inaugural address IIRC

It's fairly outdated now, but does have a long racist history, including, such lovely ones as the Redskins original team chant:

Scalp 'em, swamp 'em
We will take 'em big score
Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown
We want heap more

"Hail to the Redskins,"

Spiral Architect
Jun 26, 2004

From caste football:

I think this may be my favorite. I thought all racists on that site thought that blacks were supposed to be better athletes based on genetics. Nope, this guy can't even handle that kind of racism. He has to go to a whole different level.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Spiral Architect posted:

I think this may be my favorite. I thought all racists on that site thought that blacks were supposed to be better athletes based on genetics. Nope, this guy can't even handle that kind of racism. He has to go to a whole different level.

Caste football is a special kind of racist, where they believe blacks are dumb and valued only for their athletic prowess, but also that white athletes are superior.

Basically they think all blacks are good athletes but dumb, so the elite white athletes are inherently better because they can ALSO be smart and not lazy and shiftless or uppity or whatever code words they use.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sash! posted:

Brain power of a pilot?

1) Taxi to runway, effectively the same as driving your car.
2) Set flaps and throttles, according to preset charts for aircraft type and weight.
3) Set autobrakes.
4) Engage throttles.
5) At predetermined speed, pull back on yoke.
6) When aircraft reaches positive rate of climb, engage flight director and retract gear.
7) Aircraft will now fly itself to its destination, and if you're fancy land itself when it gets there. (You will have to turn on the auto-land).

Congratulations, you now have the brain power of a pilot.

Yeah man being a pilot is seriously no big deal just dial a couple of numbers and throw back some beers right?! (I can't tell if you genuinely think what you posted but if you do then you are retarded)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
who cares

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

From caste football:
"Whites have stronger arms period"? In a post that specifically mentions Vick, no less. Have they somehow managed to never see him throw? He's got arguably the biggest arm in the NFL. loving christ, the dude could probably knock my house down with a football.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha yeah, for his size, vick is definitely the biggest arm in the NFL. The only two arms that are bigger are probably Cutler and... hum. Freeman maybe, he's got an absolute cannon.

And now that he's "in the league", Mallet. He's got an absolutely ridiculous arm.

Oodles of Wootles
Nov 8, 2008

safe
Even though he's out of the league, it's not like you could have claimed JaMarcus had a noodle arm either

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Here's a bunch from one specific poster at FSU's warchant. It's not quite the racist wunderland that caste is, but I like to think it's pretty good.

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7315
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Meet your new coaching staff.... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HC...Fisher
DC...Al Groh
OC...Frig

use bowden saved cash to hire these 2

**************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7200
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Will FSU fans ever learn Admin | Edit | Reply
to handle the burden of once being a Dynasty?

JMO but when that burden is not there, the season suddenly takes on a totally different perspective. Just a thought but when the kids and fans start enjoying the great sport of CFB rather than whining and bitching about it FSU will be on its way back.

***************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7079
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Manny Diaz sure did impress us all tonight, didn't he? Admin | Edit | Reply

Originally posted by FSU91:
Ouch ...

Troy scored 31 points and racked up 455 yards of offense on this young mastermind including 264 rushing yards on 49 carries. That's a nice 5.4 yards per carry.

Man, I can't wait to have him come on board as our DC.

Hopefully this will help put an end to the idea of him coming on board as a DC at FSU next year.

This post was edited on 10/6 11:48 PM by FSU91

As usual 91 Spot on! Hey Diaz may or may not be the answer. It is most amusing how you rile up the GRASS is GREENER crowd. You do realize they know more about talent evaluation of coaches than anyone in the game today?

Watch out 91' They be comin' to getcha! LOL

**********************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7069
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Mike Bianchi comin out swingin at Ann Bowden Admin | Edit | Reply
I love how Bianchi panders to this misguided fan base. FSU fans agreeing with a Gator writer whose agenda against FSU is legendary. LOL

Whenever a gator journalist comes out in defense of a position guarantee it is not to FSU's benefit.

**********************************************************************************************************

Originally posted by WAR PAINT:
Fans against former FSU players that totally support Bobby his family etc.???
What do they know about Bowden compared to some angry message board poster?

Could it be they understand what the IMAGE of FSU means to many of the Nation and who brought FSU that image??

Geesh!

Can someone on the other side tell me how this is a good thing for anyone truly concerned about FSU?

So the only ones FSU should listen to are bunch of angry fans that wouldn't even be complaining had FSU beat Miami and USF.

This segment of our fan base is becoming a NATIONAL DISGRACE and the laughing stock of CFB.

You reap what you sow!

I Know the drill... "Is that you Bobby, JB, Ann etc?" And the answer is always the same Nope! I just see how incredibly misguided our fan base has become to what truly is best for FSU.

NewsFlash! IT AIN'T BOBBY THAT IS DESTROYING THE PROGRAM!

I repeat until the FSU fan base stops its whining and learns to support the program WIN or LOSE the downward spiral will continue. You don't get success by trashing the coaches and players. jmo

Oh and if you think Derrick Brooks will back this angry misguided fan movement you are crazy! He just got a taste of it in Tampa.

****************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7035
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
What do Smith, Trickett, 12 feet, and 72 inches have in common? Admin | Edit | Reply
Rick Trickett......

Lets just get down to the issue.
With all the rumblings going on in Tallahassee, RT is so thankful the spotlight is on BB and not him. In my opinion,(according what most of you think about coaching making the difference) if RT would have done his job, Jim Smith would have not said a word. we would be sitting 4-1 and looking goog for the remainder of the season.

Against USF, all we needed to do was gain 12 feet in four downs to punch it in. We could not get 12 feet, and as a matter of fact lost about 30 feet.

You would think the OL and RT would show some resolve, get a gut check, inpose their will the very next opportunity they had.

Well 7 days later they had their chance. This time the distance was cut in half to 6 feet. First and goal from the 2. Last weeks collapse in their mind. So in 4 plays we cant get 6 feet, a distance less than the heigth of each lineman. 4 plays and we got about 24 inches. Six inches a play.

Are you serious? I assure you Lincoln HS could have scored on one of thosre possessions.

Rick Trickett are you serious?]

If you truely can make the difference then DO SO.

**************************************************************************************************************

The fact that the same posters continually bumped the thread shows how childish and infantile they really are. They are just a bunch of crybabies that need to be spanked and put to bed.

Hopefully, one day they will develop a SPINE with character, decency, ethics, integrity, and honesty that cheers WIN OR LOSE AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM AND COACHES to replace that one filled with spoiled, undeserved entitlement that just enjoys whining and whimpering and feeling sorry for themselves... Absolutely Pathetic!

I bet their hero was the fan that carried the sign degrading Chris Rix!

They indeed are the cancer that is killing FSU. Nothing to do with the players or coaches busting their asses every day

*******************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #9203
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: would we be 6-1 (4-0) if changes werent made? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fisher and every member of the staff are here either directly or indirectly due to Bowden. His exit was handled poorly by FSU. FSU will be the only school in history to kick a Head Coach to the curb with the longest winning and bowl streak in Division One Bowl streak at his exit.

That is now part of the historical record.

Every change that was made could have been made with out the train wreck and that is why Fisher in his own words stated he had no problems with Bowden returning for one last season and judging by the success this year is it any wonder why Bobby wanted that one more year. Senior QB Veteran OL lots of talented young players returning?

Its OK though after all Fisher is just winning with Bobby's players that all were brought in under his tenure although a couple Jones and Green took a bit more convincing to come to FSU after Bobby's uncomfortable exit.

All the changes that occurred this year would never have happened had it not been for Bowden. He hired Fisher and many of the coaches.

Do you guys also dislike Fisher who certainly doesn't share your opinion of Bowden? Gosh, I thought everyone was excited about all that he has done.

***********************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #9210
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: would we be 6-1 (4-0) if changes werent made? Reply

As to the extra cash I am not sure that Bobby wouldn't have taken very little above his severance if it meant FSU making additional hires. laughing dog

There is nothing mysterious about the "black eye". The benefit to the program would be FSU would not look like a bunch of disrespectful rubes in handling the exit of Bowden to the nation. A farewell tour would have been a great promotion for FSU to the nation and would have put FSU in a wonderful positive light.

Thankfully, the train wreck is attributable to only two individuals, and hopefully next season a proper game will be set up for Bowden. He remains a most visible and important asset to the program throughout the nation.

All this disrespect and angst towards the man is not in FSU's best interest. Our head coach respects and holds the highest esteem for BOBBY and has said so many times.. The big question is why can't you?

************************************************************************************************

Peasant

Head Coach
Post #10153
Charlotte
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Bowden on Hannity - the problem is a lack of candor Reply

The Nation Treasures Bobby Bowden.

This is my favorite part of these threads, WAR PAINT saying stupid poo poo like this. That seriously made me laugh out loud. I can just picture a family of four in Wyoming gathered around the tube after dinner and listening intently with warm smiles on their faces as Hannity interviews Bobby. After the interview is over, the father tells his kids in a somber and serious manner that they were blessed to watch that great man's interview, and to realize that they were witnesses to a living, national treasure.

********************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #8456
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: What does Dot and A2005 think of FSU SEC? Reply

I read somewhere that Jimbo Fisher is not in favor of going to the SEC.

*****************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #8415
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: I like Jeff Cameron Reply

Originally posted by bayou georgebears:
Yes he is and that is the type of childish behavior you are a fan of. If he was anything more than a Johnny come lately he would be on a real station by now. There is always a freshman class at FSU so there will always be enough immature kids to keep him on the air. He will never get off of that little AM station because his toilet humor is tired and played out. His opinions on sports is worthless because he uses way to much hyperbole and makes too many attacks on players and coaches.

He is a shock Jock, just because he can't get away with howard sterns crap doesn't mean he is any different.

Agree. Such types appeal to the lowest common denominator of sports fans. He really has only one purpose, and that is for those with self loathing and entitlement issues to focus on coaches and players that oddly define their own self worth.

Once the transfer has occurred those players or coaches are the reason for all their misery as they soak down a few more cry in your beers at the local pub. How odd it must be to kiss gator butt and boo the home team?

That they expect some sort of praise for such behavior is the ultimate paradox as they scream "Garnet and Gold glasses" like it was the worst attribute one could have. Always thought that is what defined a true fan.

Personally, I hold the highest regard for those that understand football is just a game, cheer win or lose, and support the home team through thick and thin. I believe that is called CHARACTER. Losing is never enjoyable but overreacting is a bit foolish and childish. JMO

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Dominion posted:

Caste football is a special kind of racist, where they believe blacks are dumb and valued only for their athletic prowess, but also that white athletes are superior.

Basically they think all blacks are good athletes but dumb, so the elite white athletes are inherently better because they can ALSO be smart and not lazy and shiftless or uppity or whatever code words they use.

The best part is pre-Jesse Owens, blacks were thought to not possess the refinement necessary for athletics. Then Owens blew up Berlin or whatever and it became "of course they're better! they were bred that way!"

just like the jewish used to be better at basketball because their sneakiness allowed them to scheme their way with better plans

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

Arctic Baldwin posted:

just like the jewish used to be better at basketball because their sneakiness allowed them to scheme their way with better plans

Haha, is that a real thing?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Crazy685 posted:

Haha yeah, for his size, vick is definitely the biggest arm in the NFL. The only two arms that are bigger are probably Cutler and... hum. Freeman maybe, he's got an absolute cannon.

And now that he's "in the league", Mallet. He's got an absolutely ridiculous arm.
Well, I did use a (VERY slight) bit of hyperbole there, and you're right. Cutler's probably got the biggest arm since vintage Favre. It just blew out all my logic circuits when they specifically mentioned Vick in that post then made such an utterly ridiculous statement. Hell, even adding those you named, that means 2 of the 4 strongest-armed QBs in the NFL are black.

I swear, CF must be getting really desperate for new ways to be racist and retarded. And yes, at the end of the day, arm strength is really a small piece of a quarterback's value (a certain JaMarcus, mentioned earlier, comes to mind), but the sheer level of stupid in that post was just :psypop:

As for QBs no longer in the league, I'll raise you one Warren Moon.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

AndItsAllGone posted:

Haha, is that a real thing?

http://www.jewishmag.com/45mag/basketball/basketball.htm

"The reason, I suspect, that basketball appeals to the Hebrew with his Oriental background," wrote Paul Gallico, sports editor of the New York Daily News and one of the premier sports writers of the 1930s, "is that the game places a premium on an alert, scheming mind, flashy trickiness, artful dodging and general smart aleckness." Writers opined that Jews had an advantage in basketball because short men have better balance and more foot speed. They were also thought to have sharper eyes, which of course cut against the stereotype that Jewish men were myopic and had to wear glasses, but who said stereotypes had to be consistent?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I just wonder why no one has started a campaign that the New York Jets is offensive because of 9/11.

Also all this talk about Favre made me look up Jenn Sterger on Wikipedia. Her career really took a nosedive after that scandal.

quote:

On March 4, 2010 it was announced that she would be competing directly with ESPN's 6pm ET SportsCenter by co-hosting a new show on Versus called The Daily Line, which debuted on April 5. Jenn said, "I always felt sports TV was a bunch of guys in suits yelling at me. Other shows don't exactly know how to use social media and the Web," says Sterger. "Since I'm practically living on the Web, I've got a pulse on what going on out there.....And I'll be personally accessible to the audience, except for my personal phone number."[12] After seven months on the air, Versus cancelled The Daily Line as of November 4, 2010.[2] In 2011, Sterger worked as a reporter on specials for Fuel TV.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I want a "House of David" basketball jersey.

Not horrible, but just hilariously optimistic post from Free Republic:

quote:

As an Ohioan I believe the trouble Ohio State has had is dwarfed by the schools in the southeast. There is going to be a lot of scrutiny now and others schools are going to go down hard, making Ohio State look like the angels they are. Bring it on!, because the big ten is the gentlemen of college football.

(I’m flame proof in my Ohio State official gameware)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Incitatus posted:

I just wonder why no one has started a campaign that the New York Jets is offensive because of 9/11.

quote:

On March 4, 2010 it was announced that she would be competing directly with ESPN's 6pm ET SportsCenter by co-hosting a new show on Versus called The Daily Line, which debuted on April 5. Jenn said, "I always felt sports TV was a bunch of guys in suits yelling at me. Other shows don't exactly know how to use social media and the Web," says Sterger. "Since I'm practically living on the Web, I've got a pulse on what going on out there.....And I'll be personally accessible to the audience, except for my personal phone number."[12] After seven months on the air, Versus cancelled The Daily Line as of November 4, 2010.[2] In 2011, Sterger worked as a reporter on specials for Fuel TV.

Also all this talk about Favre made me look up Jenn Sterger on Wikipedia. Her career really took a nosedive after that scandal.

hahahahaha I hope that was intentional.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Another one from al.com, this time from the comments section of an article posted about the Ohio State debacle.

quote:

Just the facts
Vacated wins?? Vacated wins?? Fact
Wait that sounds familiar?? Fact
Who else had recent vacated wins?? Fact
Hummmmmm???? Fact
Lets c.......????? Fact
Spanky n bama ?????? Fact
Yes thats it ...... Fact
Spanky n bama fact
Ohhhhhh nooooooo fact
But guess what???? Fact
Everytime i c spankys coaching record fact
I STILL c those VACATED WINS counted fact
Hummmmmmmmm fact what gives here fact
Its kind of like the 13 imaginary titles bama fans n only them claim fact
When onlyreally one counts bcs 2009 ( very very lucky ) facf
Ohhh well bama n their lack of RB's n QB 's will lose big in 2011 fact
5-7:2-6 fact
N spankys burnout will carry over to this years team fact
Look at bama recruiting this year per rivals fact
Only 5 of them 4 stars out of 15 commits fact
Lsu n au have more 5 n 4 star commits fact
Burnout = meyer( fla ) n spanky( bama) fact
Intensity thats over the TOP burns coaches out fact
Well my dear bama friends fact
Again BORIS your friend n guide helps out again triple fact
I hope this post sheds some light fact
Just the most accurate n objective facts

Some Auburn fans call Saban "Spanky" because of this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Morby posted:

Another one from al.com, this time from the comments section of an article posted about the Ohio State debacle.

Some Auburn fans call Saban "Spanky" because of this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU

Nick Saban is the only person involved in football to ever smack a player on the rear end.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dominion posted:

Nick Saban is the only person involved in football to ever smack a player on the rear end.

The way some Auburn fans talk, yeah, he's the only one to ever do it.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004
I thought it was a little weird how much media coverage that got.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Crazy685 posted:

Yeah man being a pilot is seriously no big deal just dial a couple of numbers and throw back some beers right?! (I can't tell if you genuinely think what you posted but if you do then you are retarded)

YEAH

At least on the beers. being a pilot is pretty god damned simple and I go by conversations with actual pilots when I say this. What I was told is that the only vaguely mentally stimulating thing is trying to minimize fuel consumption and operating the radio is actually more difficult than flying the plane. That said it's impressive how many pilots are bilingual.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 11, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vrabel's OSU job is a done deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

wilfoy posted:

I thought it was a little weird how much media coverage that got.

Wait, is this actually a thing that people focus on? Huh, who knew that Alabama has so little going on controversy-wise that THIS is a topic of conversation.

• Locked thread