Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

My favorite patsfans poster is that one guy who creepily refers to everyone as 'cousin.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That guy is seriously one of my favorite posters on the entire internet. His mock draft from April is nothing less than looking straight into the abyss of madness.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/749559-off-grid-presents-worst-mock-ever.html

:stare:

That guy sure loves his italics

His scouting reports read like some 1930's radio serial promo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Stanzi and McElroy? No team can contain those intangibles.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

MorningView posted:

Forget Stanzi according to this guy the sky is the limit for McElroy:

Patriots Internet GM posted:

I'll go right on the record and say that ~ given a single opportunity with an Head Coach smart enough to realize what he has, there ~ he will forge an extraordinary career.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That guy is seriously one of my favorite posters on the entire internet. His mock draft from April is nothing less than looking straight into the abyss of madness.

Wait, so.. he expected the Pats to turn 9 draft picks into 23 picks, along the way selecting (by my count) seven running backs of various flavors. The hell.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tempest_56 posted:

Wait, so.. he expected the Pats to turn 9 draft picks into 23 picks, along the way selecting (by my count) seven running backs of various flavors. The hell.

If Belichick wants another teams pick, by god he gets it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tempest_56 posted:

It's simple really!

quote:

Trade Summary

#17 + #74 ~ Lions ~ #13 + #154.

#28 ~ Beefaloes ~ #34 + #100 + #133 + #169.

#33 ~ Miners ~ #45 + #76 + #108 + #231.

#34 ~ Jaguars ~ #49 + #80 + #121.

#45 ~ Packers ~ #64 + #96 + #129 + #204.

#76 ~ Ravens ~ #90 + #123 + #225.

#92 ~ Eagles ~ #104 + #120.

:downs:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Bloopsy posted:

Forget Stanzi according to this guy the sky is the limit for McElroy:

Walking the trail blazed by John Parker Wilson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MorningView posted:

I'm pretty sure he picked Stanzi because no right thinking person would not want him to play for a team called the Patriots. At this point, Ricky Stanzi is pretty much indistinguishable from a patriotism standpoint from a mid-80s Hulk Hogan, he would be way more famous if he could publicly denigrate the Soviet Union.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm pretty sure he picked Stanzi because no right thinking person would not want him to play for a team called the Patriots. At this point, Ricky Stanzi is pretty much indistinguishable from a patriotism standpoint from a mid-80s Hulk Hogan, he would be way more famous if he could publicly denigrate the Soviet Union.

He also called him the best quarterback in the draft, but there can be no doubt that Ricky Stanzi missed his true calling as a Cold War Hero. Ironic USA chants are no substitute for the real thing. RIP USSR.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 2, 2011

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's simple really!

I don't even know what team the Miners is supposed to be. 49ers? Why even bother with that nickname

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's simple really!

Someone's got a framed copy of billy.jpg on his wall.

terrin
May 10, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/749559-off-grid-presents-worst-mock-ever.html

Well he got the Shane Vereen pick but if you project 23 picks for your team you're bound to hit on SOMETHING

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's simple really!

Beefaloes

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Really in my eyes, anyone who finds whatever it is inside him to hate Dan Snyder doesent know the meaning of being a redskin fan. Hate Like do whatever you want because everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Sure hes made mistakes as an owner, but inside do you truly believe hes trying everything he can 2 make the redskins into a winner? IF u say no, then i think you have no appreciation for anything or u just dont understand football. He became an owner after years of being a fan, with the millions of idiotic posts ive seen here iam sure have of redskin nation would have done a far worse job then Danny boy. Show the man some freaking love for god sakes, DAN SNYDER YOU ARE THE BEST OWNER IN THE NFL HANDS DOWN AND I BELIEVE THAT 100%....thank you for your time, money, and patience(2009-2011)..iam sure you r leading us with bruce and shanny towards a brighter future

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah. Yeah, that's the only way to put it.

What team in the NFL is going to keep seven running backs on their roster, let alone draft that many all in the same class? Christ.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

NattyBo posted:

Really in my eyes, anyone who finds whatever it is inside him to hate Dan Snyder doesent know the meaning of being a redskin fan. Hate Like do whatever you want because everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Sure hes made mistakes as an owner, but inside do you truly believe hes trying everything he can 2 make the redskins into a winner? IF u say no, then i think you have no appreciation for anything or u just dont understand football. He became an owner after years of being a fan, with the millions of idiotic posts ive seen here iam sure have of redskin nation would have done a far worse job then Danny boy. Show the man some freaking love for god sakes, DAN SNYDER YOU ARE THE BEST OWNER IN THE NFL HANDS DOWN AND I BELIEVE THAT 100%....thank you for your time, money, and patience(2009-2011)..iam sure you r leading us with bruce and shanny towards a brighter future
Really? Dear god, this poor guy has warped around the other end of delusional into some alternate reality.

I feel only pity and sorrow.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

NattyBo posted:

Dear God. We're through the looking glass here people.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
"If u say no, then i think you have no appreciation for anything" -- new argument tactic to try in most any situation

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I agree with the guy that Snyder thinks he's doing what's best for his team he's just obviously doing it the wrong way.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MindlessHavok posted:

I agree with the guy that Snyder thinks he's doing what's best for his team he's just obviously doing it the wrong way.

The guy even follows through on his logic. Snyder's doing his best, so he must be the best!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The conversation he's 'having' with Snyder is like a mother talking to their child.

"I know you're trying to do your best honey, you're obviously the best child in the class for it and don't let them tell you any different"

While your 'child' may be trying his best, that doesn't mean he's not loving retarded.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I guess this is the best place to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln4n_1_Uo3g watch until end please

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
I refuse on principle.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Besides the lovely intro and close, it's not too bad. One of the few football vids thats not just someones favorite hip hop track or some nu-metal poo poo dubbed in as loud as possible. Plus you get to watch Ben being sacked a million times.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Cumhand Luke posted:

I refuse on principle.

Breaky posted:

some nu-metal poo poo dubbed in as loud as possible.
You rang?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTfkUozGAk
Ok I'll stop now because I love reading bad posts on other forums and I don't want this to just be youtubes

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Alden, supergenius.

MorningView posted:

He also called him the best quarterback in the draft, but there can be no doubt that Ricky Stanzi missed his true calling as a Cold War Hero. Ironic USA chants are no substitute for the real thing. RIP USSR.

Stanzi's going to flip his poo poo the first time he hears the National Anthem played at Arrowhead.

Len Dykstra
Oct 24, 2010

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I feel like it's fitting that he's sleeping on a couch in what appears to be an unfurnished basement.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
How many of these guys still love to play football?

Postby Tricephus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:00 am
I been out on the Kenny Chesney tour and there has been everyone fromPeyton Manning to Favre to half the Red Sox at a Kenny show and you really get to see them with there guard down and likely a few cocktails.
We all know now McKinnie didn't love the game and it showed. Fans can usually tell what players still love the game! Who do you think loves the sh:t out of playing football in the NFL and more specifically the Vikings?
"people don't hate you (vss) cause your right all the time they hate you cause your a dick"

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

patsfans thread entitled "How to Meet Women on patsfans.com"

quote:

Guys,

You guys have been so helpful and intelligent over the years- love y'all. But one thing I would love your input on: how to meet girls on this forum. I would genuinely like to connect with a young, high-class, intelligent woman on our mutual interest in the New England Patriots. I feel I have a lot to offer and a big heart.

What do y'all think? Wish i had the courage of Mr. Tom Brady and Mr. Robert kraft, y'all.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Thread Title: "Trent Green, Steve Young, and Kurt Warner=John Beck"

quote:

I've been reading a lot on John Beck and him being a starter... A lot of doubts are following him due to the fact he's turning 30, been a back up, and failed starter. This got me thinking of other QBs who started late in NFL age, and failed before. Steve Young was considered a bust before he started in San Fran, no one but Bill Walsh believed in him. Trent Green was late draft pick our third string QB, he was never supposed to amount to nothing. The Rams and specifically Vermeil saw his talent. but as we all know another unheralded back-up late in NFL years became the story of the Rams. It took Green until KC to get another shot and Vermiel still had to bring him in, and he then became an All-Pro late in his NFL age. Warner even proved twice that age and former play doesn't always speak to how one will play when a coach and a team believe in you. He was cut by the Rams, cut by the Giants, only to be resurrected as an All-Pro in Arizona.

I guess what I'm saying is, we can get five good years out of Beck, gives us time to develop another QB, and create another great story of unheralded and after thought QBs.

Redskinsfans.txt

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 5, 2011

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

hahahahaha oh maaan

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

You've got to be kidding me. :laffo:

drat, just when I thought I'd seen it all on the internet.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders fans are so confused

quote:

Well I'm sure he will give us more than 1 int for his $ unlike that fraud Namdi - 1 int for 16 million !
We need to trade for Asante S from the Eagles -He is better then Namdi hands down !

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/177483-stanford-routts-reworked-contract-now-worth.html#post3467853

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6830317

Basically all the comments for that

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

captaincrimson49 posted:

merril hodge, you moron how can you possibly fathom that college doesent transfer to nfl??? I'm an Alabama fan, so I hated Tim Tebow most of his career but his leadership skills are an intangible..... witch means???? something you can't coach. like DeMeco Ryans, middle linebacker at alabama came to the nfl and guess what??? his rookie season 120 takles~!!!!!!! are you serious yes sir i am check the stats also rookie of the year....... RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR

SEC IS FOOTBAWWWWW!

terrin
May 10, 2005

commy gun posted:

SEC IS FOOTBAWWWWW!

ALL AWESOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE AWESOME NFL PLAYERS FOR EXAMPLE THIS ONE DUDE

ALSO COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE SO GOOD THEYVE WON THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR EVER

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

NattyBo posted:

This has to be one of my ex-housemates. He went to a sports talk on campus and asked Dan Snyder if he would get the Redskins back to the Superbowl and Dan Snyder said yes, so he believed him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

pillsburysoldier posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I uh...I think I found the worst thread on any football fan forum. For reference it is about child star Selena Gomez...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230010

quote:

She will. She's only 18. I kinda feel like taking it up the brownhole the first time is something chicks do in the 22-23 range and then decide whether or not they like it. And if they don't, there's always chloroform.

• Locked thread