Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

1) Activate selective service
2) Draft all the best players
3) Army won three national titles: 1944, 1945, and 1946. You think this was just a coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm pretty sure height and weight restrictions would mean any team made up of active duty military would get utterly destroyed by the worst NFL team, to say nothing of practice and conditioning. The triple option keeps em competitive at the college level but that wouldn't work against a pro team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The idea that any roster of non-NFL players against any combination of players drawing an NFL paycheck is laughable

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hunt11 posted:

The biggest issue I see with Football players crossing over to Rugby is getting used to the fact that the game basically never stops.

There's pauses every time the ball goes out of bounds, which is all the time. Not to mention how long it takes for a penalty kick to happen.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sash! posted:

3) Army won three national titles: 1944, 1945, and 1946. You think this was just a coincidence?

*me picturing the college boys who didn't go off to fight jerry* fuckin right they did

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

There's pauses every time the ball goes out of bounds, which is all the time. Not to mention how long it takes for a penalty kick to happen.

In Rugby that is about a 20 second pause at best and everybody has to hustle to get into position.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Hunt11 posted:

In Rugby that is about a 20 second pause at best and everybody has to hustle to get into position.

I think there are players that post NFL get into more endurace activities and causes them to lose a bunch of mass. I would think if guys like Julio Jones started focusing more on endurance he would lost a sizeable chunk of his mass.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

*me picturing the college boys who didn't go off to fight jerry* fuckin right they did

OKAY, time to watch Band of Brothers again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The only time to not start watching Band of Brothers again is if you're already in the middle of re-watching it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Checked reddit for the first time in a while, went to the Giants subreddit, had me a good 'ol laugh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well, he might be right about LT?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
pretty shocked TurdBurglarAssGoblin has awful racist takes tbh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Blind clock, broken squirrel, etc.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

But JJ Watt is more relatable!

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Joe Jurevicius is the only white wide receiver I've liked, to my best recollection.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gohuskies posted:

Joe Jurevicius is the only white wide receiver I've liked, to my best recollection.

I'm assuming you didn't mention this guy because you might not have been alive during his time, but :cmon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw&t=120s

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gohuskies posted:

#12s

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I didn't like those routes Joe ran where he'd suddenly spin like a pinwheel in the middle of the field and then lay down holding his helmet. Toomer never did that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who here was it that genuinely thought Jurevicius was a Hall of Famer?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hunt11 posted:

What level of play was he at?

Union I believe. I dunno what that means exactly. Here's the 15 minute segment from his Travel Channel show.

https://vimeo.com/3926796

Edit, for some reason the video says 14 minutes before I hit play but just shows the first 2.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 24, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Joe Jurevicius was a great and handsome man and I will hear no besmirchment of his name!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did someone say white wide receiver????

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Ricky Proehl is actually the best one

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll go with Tom Waddle, who I believe was drilled into the turf hard enough to leave an impression on every single one of his receptions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
RIP Mike Furrey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the new england patriots

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/845451378256482304

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

the mean lunch lady posted:

Ricky Proehl is actually the best one

This is correct.

Don Beebe is #2.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Fan question in Eagles writer Jimmy Kempski's weekly Q&A session today:

quote:

Are the following two statements true or false:
1. If Joe Mixon had hit a man instead of a woman there would be exactly the same level of outrage about drafting him
2. Men and women are equal

Note: If you answer true to one and false to the other, you're being hypocritical.

(response was "I think that's a wildly misguided premise.")

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

This is correct.

Don Beebe is #2.

i love ricky but nobody can match White Boy Can Run Fast

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

fartknocker posted:

This is correct.

Don Beebe is #2.

That Don Beebe motherfucker was out of bounds.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Alaois posted:

i love ricky but nobody can match White Boy Can Run Fast

Tim Dwight?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Don Beebe has a place in football history forever stripping Leon Lett please do not make fun of him

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
After Adolphus Washington is arrested for bringing in a gun to an Ohio water park:

quote:

Just adds more creedence to my belief that all Silverbacks should be caged and the Bills Silverbacks especially! It needs to be written into their contract and explained to them it is for their own protection. Their accomodations or cages can be much more luxurious than the general silverback population cages. The Bills Silverback cages can be fitted out with elaborate tree swings and a grotto to simulate a Lagoon effect in the middle of the Jungle, pipe in loud rap music and jungle sounds in the background so they feel at home. Then supply them with all kinds of balls and toys and fur coats and feather hats to wear and ship in female silverbacks from the Gen Pop cage so they can play drug pimps while waiting for their Sunday release! Brandon can make buck charging the fans to come and watch them play in their lagoon and provide bananas and oranges to toss to them to make it more fan interactive. Admit it you all would race to get in line for that show and throw a couple of bananas and oranges like a good loyal fan! Just another revenue source for the Bills provided by the hardest working and most clever front office marketing huckster in the NFL! How do you think the NFLPA union is going to accept Russ newest marketing idea?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't think that guy should like pro football

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I thought the whole point of Dog Whistling was to be subtle about it :stonk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Because I'm an idiot, at first I thought, is there a college team called the Silverbacks? Then :monocle:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That's way less subtle than calling them Canadians.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Four days earlier from Bleacher Report:

Adolphus Washington is Buffalo Bills' 2017 secret weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Because I'm an idiot, at first I thought, is there a college team called the Silverbacks? Then :monocle:

Sometimes I'm surprised Pittsburg State has hung on to Gorillas. It just seems rife with potential misunderstanding.

• Locked thread