Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/falcons/comments/5lsfbi/thank_you_atlanta/

quote:

September-December 2016 were some of the worst months of my life. My best friend deserted me, taking our entire group with him. My marching band that I'm the brass captain of played amazing all year only to lay an egg at the biggest event of the year. I got cheated on while I was in the same house, one room over on a night I could have died after drinking too much and then passing out on my back.

But I always looked forward to Sundays (and one Monday and Thursday). Thank you, Dirty Birds.

Let's make one hell of a season into one hell of a playoff run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I could have died like Janis or John Bonham but instead Tiffany just boned Derek and I woke up and my head hurt really bad and my dick looks like a god drat egg noodle

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
:cripes:

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/810606422866137088

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
sometimes i wonder if neil tyson deserves a hundredth of the praise nerds give him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

v2vian man posted:

sometimes i wonder if neil tyson deserves a hundredth of the praise nerds give him

No.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He stole that bit from Noam Chomsky.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Actually, it's yes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
People started liking him because he was a likeable scientist and they could feel unique to talk about a scientist nobody'd heard of (at the time). He gained a lot of popularity and exposure and now he's someone everyone knows. So now he's starting to circle into the territory of " (popular thing)? Well I don't like that!"

I have no opinions on the man one way or another. Cosmos was pretty cool though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hell no. I ain't doing poo poo either way. You're a nerd, flying cars are your jurisdiction. Quit loving around on twitter and maybe we'd have them by now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
HEY NEIL! maybe we would have CURED CANCER if scientist didn't spend all their time TWEETING!!!!!1

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I remember some Bengals game where Nugent barely made a field goal and loving Tyson had this whole thing about how the Earth's rotation helped and whatever so he's a loving hypocrite who wastes his time not just on football but Bengals games.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he's just tired of people asking about his Bengals field goal coriolis force assertion from 2015.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Dude got killed for this on social media and owned up to it 3 weeks ago...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I mean... I have some mental health issues that occasionally manifest in suicidal tendencies... But if I had to rely on the Falcons to not blow my brains out, I hope someone would just put me out of my misery.

Chilichimp posted:

Actually, it's yes.

Actually its no. He is the same person that had a twitter meltdown over the scientific inaccuracies in Star Wars.

For every cool thing he does, there is 100 examples of how he is an insufferable autist over the dumbest poo poo.

Edit: Also, flying cars are a god drat stupid idea. Motherfuckers can't drive. effectively giving them a pilots license? Ok.

What loving idiot thinks that ends well.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 4, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Genocide Tendency posted:

I mean... I have some mental health issues that occasionally manifest in suicidal tendencies... But if I had to rely on the Falcons to not blow my brains out, I hope someone would just put me out of my misery.

I don't know how I've lasted this long.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Actually its no. He is the same person that had a twitter meltdown over the scientific inaccuracies in Star Wars.

For every cool thing he does, there is 100 examples of how he is an insufferable autist over the dumbest poo poo.

Edit: Also, flying cars are a god drat stupid idea. Motherfuckers can't drive. effectively giving them a pilots license? Ok.

You obviously don't care about him being an insufferable autist since you post on SA and that's like everyone here.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hahahaha, what a weird thing to be triggered about on this, SomethingAwful.com

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NDT is extremely smart but also an insufferable turd.

Because he knows he's extremely smart.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Duh, self-flying uber cars

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Well you should have posted this three weeks ago!

I don't twitter. :colbert:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Look at this guy using his laptop on the train like a
Dumbass nerd lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He's an astrophysicist, so the odds of him inventing the flying car as the same as my odds of inventing flying car. 0% chance, because of no expertise in flying car technology.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the problem with NDT is that he's a loathsome pompous dork who makes science seem elitist and boring

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Thats like... the opposite of what he does for science

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
he's smug, stupid and elitist. his audience is entirely the smug dipshits who tell you "um i believe in science, not some invisible sky fairy"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sash! posted:

He's an astrophysicist, so the odds of him inventing the flying car as the same as my odds of inventing flying car. 0% chance, because of no expertise in flying car technology.

They're called loving airplanes and they've been around for at least 100 years.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i love NDT just for the spergs in this thread

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chichevache posted:

They're called loving airplanes and they've been around for at least 100 years.

An airplane isn't a "flying car" because its not a car. But the flying car is only 70.

honk honk

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

v2vian man posted:

he's smug, stupid and elitist. his audience is entirely the smug dipshits who tell you "um i believe in science, not some invisible sky fairy"

Yeah, what we need less of in the world is people trying to make science accessible and appealing to the masses.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i mentioned smug though. twice

that kinda makes it the opposite of appealing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

i mentioned smug though. twice

that kinda makes it the opposite of appealing

Having to deal with smug atheists doesn't diminish NDT's effectiveness as a science communicator.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Doing/learning physics is fun but astrophysics is more of a "wouldn't it be cool to understand what they're talking about?!" thing rather than the very-not-fun building of simulations and having it match data from the observatories and blah blah blah

Anyway the point is astro is the dorkiest physics and somehow also the most captivating.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 5, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is the worst derail in SAS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It really is.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i don't read other football forums. i barely read this one lmao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sash! posted:

An airplane isn't a "flying car" because its not a car. But the flying car is only 70.

honk honk

If you've ever been in an airplane you know it taxis down the runway. If that isn't being a car I don't know what is.

Also hotdogs are sandwiches.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hell buddy, reese's cups are sandwiches

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

Doing/learning physics is fun but astrophysics is more of a "wouldn't it be cool to understand what they're talking about?!" thing rather than the very-not-fun building of simulations and having it match data from the observatories and blah blah blah

Anyway the point is astro is the dorkiest physics and somehow also the most captivating.

pretty sure that quantum physics is the dorkiest, bro.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

hell buddy, reese's cups are sandwiches

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

shouldn't you be off prescribing some kid ritalin

• Locked thread