Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RumbleFish posted:

Here's a classic conspiracy theory brought to you by the Fighting Gamecocks Forum, which is the free Rivals board:

Very first response?

:spooky:

Quempsum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Detergent posted:

Off Topic as gently caress, but most college athletic programs run at a loss to support the sports without much public interest. Some may scream, 'Women's Sports!', but nobody goes to see loving Men's Golf or Swimming, which we're pretty dang good at :c00l:, either. A lot of the money made by something like the football team is made by the massive amount of 'tourism' revenue that is made on gameday by the town, and outside money coming into the local economy.

This isn't in defense of Auburn, it's the same with Alabama, Tennessee, any school that brings in a shitload of people for gameday, and with those people, a shitload of money that would not otherwise be there. Motels, restaurants, bars, antique stores, all those businesses depend on the fat old white people that trot down to sweat and pay for parking every loving weekend from September to November.

At least that's what I think. Though, I was educated by Alabama public schools from 1990-98, and an even worse private Christian school after that, so I don't think a whole hell of a lot. We are adding more student parking though! War Eagle.

I tried to make the argument to my friend that having athletic departments that made boatloads of money through football etc was good because they ended up being able to fund a lot of athletic scholarships to other sports, bringing in more and more students who would probably not be able to afford school otherwise.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ben is not cool posted:

From some auburn fan via tigerdroppings, in relation to the SEC West story that is about to drop from yahoo:

Wow. I have a lot of respect for AU and all but jesus, "never cheated?" That's a bit extreme.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I guess this is the best place to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln4n_1_Uo3g watch until end please

Besides the lovely intro and close, it's not too bad. One of the few football vids thats not just someones favorite hip hop track or some nu-metal poo poo dubbed in as loud as possible. Plus you get to watch Ben being sacked a million times.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah I'm a white protestant multi-generation Southerner who's family tree might be closer to a straight line and I've never heard of the belly button thing before...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

The worst part is he says it's a great movie plot. Who the gently caress would watch "Peyton Manning plays video games for a whole year: The Movie" ?

....actually I would.

Would pay real money to watch Peyton, Archie and the other Manning break down Eli during Giants games live.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The other Manning is a pretty successful investor or something like that. Last I heard he was pretty well off relative to his brothers.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Dexo posted:

"Hey Dad, Guess what? I have as many rings as you do"

:mad: stop that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Hasselbeck would kill at parties

I know nothing of Hasselbeck but I get the impression he would be funny as poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

quote:

I'd rather lose with Sherman than win with Miles, but my life isn't changed by the actions of a bunch of 20 year olds on Saturday in the fall. Too many on this board have their ego/self-worth bound up in the success or failure of Aggie football.

I agree we are paying too much to Sherman for what we got on the field this year, but I'll take the class person that he is over Les Miles any day.

If ya'll haven't been reading TexAgs for the last 24 hours you've been missing out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

No, generally a broken bone once healed doesn't make you any more likely to break it again.

Stuff like dislocations and separations etc can make you more sensitive to re-injury.

Unless, and this would never happen, it was set at some horrendous angle then healed out of position. THEN, maybe yeah it could break more easily.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Crazy685 posted:

This goes against everything I was told after breaking my nose for the second time. And yeah I was wrong about the collar bone being easy to break after it's broken. Its just flat out easy to break.

No idea why its easier to break your nose after you break it though. Next time I see my ENT I'll ask him what the hell

Nose is cartilage.

Or did you have a really nasty one where you broke the bone above that?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Crazy685 posted:

I have the bump, which apparently is a sign that I hosed her up badly.

Actually remembering it... yeah I hosed it up pretty bad.

Yeah I went back and read up on it and it is typically the case that the bone itself breaks and the cartilage separates. :stonk:

Couldn't find anything on it changing the odds of re-injury though so no idea if that is actually a thing or just anecdotal.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

excidium posted:

From ArrowheadPride.com

Oh wait, the thread isn't awesome posts from other forums? My bad.

Confess, this is you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

excidium posted:

EXCIDIUM.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....PICTURE ME SLAPPIN THE TOUGHEST GUY YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S JAMAAL CHARLES 2011 HIGHLIGHT REEL AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALO-gently caress MY KNEE! OW.

:smith:

Sorry this was the 1st thing to pop into my head.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Moose-Willis posted:

Courtesy of Buffalo Rumblings' favorite lobotomy candidate 'abayarde' regarding the possible signing of Mario Williams,

" Pandemonium will be restore in our House
by abayarde

on Mar 13, 2012 5:02 PM EDT

Abayarde is more pump than the 1988 rebook pumps Friday my Baby boy was born one of many Blessings in my life. Now back to the REAL DEAL. WE THE NATION OF THE WHAGON BLASTERS WILL RISE THIS YEAR AND BE A FORCE THAT WON'T BE STOP EVEN IF YOU BRING THE ADVENGERS OR THE FANTASTIC 4. We will be the Super Freak of all freaks of Defences that's Right I SAY THE DEFENCES OF ALL THE DEFENCES THE ROAR ANS SHOOUT THAT WE WILL SCREAM IN OUR HOUSE ON GAME TIME WILL BE HEAR ON THE 4 corners of THE UNIVERSE. DO NOT DISPARE MY RUMBLERS THE STAND AND RISE OF OUR LOVING BUFFALO BILLS. WILL ONCE AGAIN WILL BE KNOWN AROUND THE PLANET IT ONLY ONE WAY FROM HEAR AND THAT IS ALL THE WAY UP. THIS YEAR IS THE ONE THAT'S BEEN WRITEN WE WILL NOT FAIL IS NOT AND OPTION THE FURY OF OUR NATION WILL BE ONCE THE KINGDOME OF GLORY I AM A JEDI LIKE THE FATHER BEFORE MY FATHER THE FORCE IS STRONG AND CAN NOT BE STOP THIS IS OUR TIME NOW NOW NOW"

Apparently, this man has a new born son.
Fantastic.

This guy kind of owns

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

haljordan posted:

OK, that makes no sense. Manning is 11 years older than Tebow. So, obviously, he'll retire before him. But, if he's watching Tebow play while sitting in a Hoveround, that means Tebow is still playing in the NFL at age 70.

Unless he thinks Manning will somehow become paralyzed within the next few years while playing for Denver, which is also pretty ludicrous.

Or probable given his history of spinal injuries.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

I prefer instead to have this solidify my opinion that Aggies are terrible people.

Texags was a goldmine the day after the UT loss and also during the coach firing / conference change. I'm not sure if those guys were prominent trolls but that board is one of the easiest to rile up in so many ways.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Morby posted:

Ah...that's the context I lack not being from that area of the country. So it's not some weird creepy obsession on A&Ms end, just on 65% of their end.

More like 80% on their end. And that's really only with the older people. The true rival for Texas is Oklahoma U.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Arschlochkind posted:

I'm an A&M alum and even I'd say it's about 70/30 on our side. Honestly, A&M has an inferiority complex but imagine "an inferiority complex combined with dealing with Texas fans on a daily basis" and it starts to make a little more sense.

Now both sides have to pretend we don't give a gently caress until we play each other again in 2028 or whenever.

This is true. Texas fans are often horrible. The post above raises a good point too in that I run into a lot more A+M people that carry a mentality about the school well far removed from college. Sometimes that can be a little... 'interesting'.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Statler posted:

What the gently caress? I mean I have seen some bad football opinions, I have had a few my self (loving Matt Ryan... I can not believe I thought you might be decent.). But..

Who out of that has the chance to be a franchise QB? Ponder not only sucks, he is a china doll, I know this because I saw him play at FSU. By the end of the season Gabbert looked like he had shell shock. Tannehill plays for the Dolphins. Tebow might.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaha. No one on that list. Not loving one.

Fire Buddy Nix.

God drat that is just.. Special.

Matt Ryan is pretty good dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MindlessHavok posted:

This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

:rolleyes: typical Falcons fan.

Also, she-hawks always made me giggle a little bit.

What do they call the Falcons anyway? Back home it's usually just "Those piece of poo poo Falcons" etc etc.

• Locked thread