Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detergent
Aug 7, 2006

WDE WDE WDE
I noticed in the soccer forum they had a cool thread about horrible soccer message board posts.

I figure a lot of yall visit sports sites that aren't SAS/TFF and see a lot of similar ignorance. Dump the really stupid poo poo you come across in here.

What this thread is:

Bad posts about college, pro, or even Canadian 'ball from football forums that aren't on Something Awful.com.

Basically, similar to Something Awful's Weekend Web, but just football posts.

Any branch of Rivals, 247, or any small, team specific site is full of this kind of poo poo. Also applicable, the comments section on sports articles on newspaper sites, Facebook arguments about football (blur out names) and horrible political chat from football sites. Just basically anything from a football forum that exemplifies the contempt you feel for so many of your fellow fans of the game.

Here's a couple to get started from al.com, a co-operative website from all the newspapers in the Great State of Alabama. Maybe the ripest tree for this poo poo

Bama Blackie posted:

June 01, 2011 at 5:57PM

if the president vote for the 25 limit after there coaches say no then slive playing his games need to go and they don't to say a word to a coach thast loses it the president won't to play games let them COACH MOST DO A BAD JOB AS PRESIDENT AND AS FOR AS THAT TO FACED FLORIDA PRESIDENT WHY HAS HE NOT SAD A WORD ABOUT THE PLAYER THAT FLORIDA HAD THAT WENT TO JAIL GO AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROBLEM AND KEEP YOUR PLAYER OUT OF JAIL AND WILL SOME BODY TELL SLIVE THE SEC IS NOT HIS SAND BOX HE KEEP HIS JOB AS LONG AS THE FAN WONT HIM AND THE PRESIDENT HAS THERE JOB AS LONG AS THE PEOPLE WON'T THEM THE FLORIDA PRESIDENT IS TWO FACED LET FLORIDA START LOSING HE BE FIRING THE COACH

bnbama posted:

FACT. the coastal south just has better, more athletic negros than the rest of the country. and now they realize it too and want to cut our limit on them even more. how Nick can get them to go to class and pass tests is beyond me but he dont make the big bucks for nothing.

okay go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detergent
Aug 7, 2006

WDE WDE WDE

whypick1 posted:

And where did that number come from? One of the things I learned in college is that most college's athletic departments run at a net loss, so the school has to take money out of its operating budget (the thing that pays teachers) to bail them out. Now according to this, Auburn's athletic department ran at a net profit of $2 million for '09-'10, but that's not exactly a margin I'd like to rely on, and the amount of education the university could buy for that much is probably not a whole hell of a lot.

Off Topic as gently caress, but most college athletic programs run at a loss to support the sports without much public interest. Some may scream, 'Women's Sports!', but nobody goes to see loving Men's Golf or Swimming, which we're pretty dang good at :c00l:, either. A lot of the money made by something like the football team is made by the massive amount of 'tourism' revenue that is made on gameday by the town, and outside money coming into the local economy.

This isn't in defense of Auburn, it's the same with Alabama, Tennessee, any school that brings in a shitload of people for gameday, and with those people, a shitload of money that would not otherwise be there. Motels, restaurants, bars, antique stores, all those businesses depend on the fat old white people that trot down to sweat and pay for parking every loving weekend from September to November.

At least that's what I think. Though, I was educated by Alabama public schools from 1990-98, and an even worse private Christian school after that, so I don't think a whole hell of a lot. We are adding more student parking though! War Eagle.

Detergent
Aug 7, 2006

WDE WDE WDE

Cumhand Luke posted:

What I'm wondering is: who is Caste Football's favorite black football player?? Is it a quiet guy like Barry Sanders, or someone like Plaxico Burress who validates all their talking points??

Leans closer to your 2nd option, but Roger Craig.

It's always going to be Roger Craig.

• Locked thread