Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: fuuuuuuuuuck, wrong thread.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

RE: Chris Rainey getting cut for messing with a fire extinguisher while Jim Irsay doesn't get suspended for his DUI/bag of drugs

A DUI/OWI is not really a big deal unless you actually affect someone's life through it (death/disability). Get off it people. I've had 2 DUI's; should I be ostracized by the community? F--- no. Playing with a fire ex is dangerous for the person, but also indirectly for the prevention of fire. Plus, he sucked as a football player. Irsay is a great owner.

Yup, you need to put that poo poo in quotes... immediately, son.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Not a football post but this is something some on said to me yesterday:

"Look, one guy lost his mind for a split second. He hit his wife. It happens.

The other guy decided to smoke pot, found a dealer, went to him, exchanged money for the pot, went to the store and bought papers or a bong or whatever, loaded up the pot, lit it and decided to smoke it. Probably repeatedly. He made a series of decisions, the other guy just lost his cool for one second. The suspensions make sense."

You can probably just tune that guy out from now on.

On another note, his father was probably an abusive dick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally the first time in my entire life I have heard the phrase "bell cow" either literally or metaphorically and the fact that its for a black person makes me really uncomfortable.

If you've never heard of a big 3-down RB referred to as "the bell-cow back" you're doing good, because it means you're probably not listening to football news.

That being said, are you sure you follow football?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No I seriously never heard Bell Cow in my entire life

You have an avatar of a college football talent pundit/draft guru, and you've NEVER heard someone referred to as "the bell-cow back?" That's impressive.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

Hilarious that you immediately jump to it being racial.

Isn't that a monicker used to describe female running backs in the south?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I legit feel like I have stepped into some alternate dimension

I feel like throwing out all kinds of buzzwords now just to see what sticks.

Game Manager
Every-Down Back
Speedster
Possession Receiver
Pocket Presence
Swim Move
Cut
Second Level
Nickel
Big Nickel
0-technique

You know all of these, right? How have you never heard bell-cow back?

I'm not mad, nor do I want to insinuate that not having heard this before somehow makes you lovely at liking football; I'm just super-impressed. This is just a boiler-plate term, not some weird-rear end rule that you'd expect people to ask about.

Chichevache posted:

Hey guys I just heard the announcers refer to how Ray Rice does a great job "hitting that ho" on a run up the middle and I wanted to know if it was racist?!?!?!

Never change, Chiche.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Whelp, I guess it is loving racist...

Add 1 more black player for bell-cow

Also, alleged is a funny search.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 12, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've heard it used this season to describe Toby Gerhart's role in Jacksonville.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Well I'm a bandwagon fan who only started watching the Seahawks during the actual Super Bowl, but I've heard it. :shrug:

That's probably because Marshawn Lynch actually is a bellcow back.

It makes sense to me that people on the West Coast wouldn't have heard of a bellcow back. The West Coast Offense is passing centric, whereas the smash-mouth brand of football that makes the SEC so popular is built around big-rear end linemen and big-rear end running backs.

warcrimes posted:

Except it's not, several west coasters(including myself) have already said they're familiar with the term.

Again, it's an old phrase. It basically means your best player. And we've probably talked about it way too long.

And then I read this and I wonder if it's just people filtering buzzwords when listening to broadcasts. Does anyone understand half the poo poo Jon Gruden says? No, and he's still loving awsome!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 12, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jesus Christ you nerds we have a mega derail solely because people need a hivemind opinion to validate their football intelligence solely because you may or may not have heard the term bell cow before

Guess what team doesn't have a bellcow.

The Dolphins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anals of History posted:

Really want to see a 300 lb. kickboxer. If you google "300 lb kickboxer" right now, you get training equipment, not people.

To be fair, he said 300lb body builder... who also kick boxes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, here's an all-star post from the SBNation Falcons board regarding the topic of bringing Michael Sam to Atlanta.

Falconitus posted:

Not trying to be mean but

thanks, but no thanks. We don’t need a circus in town at this time. I’ve never seen a seventh round pick making headlines as much as this guy and the headlines are for something that has nothing to do with football. Maybe New Orleans?

And the hits...

Falconitus posted:

Really?

Most of the pre draft stuff I read had him listed as probably going I drafted or at best a very late round. The coming out stuff may have happened hoping for an edge. Regardless, it has nothing to do with football. If it wasnt for that alone I suspect no one would have ever even heard of this guy. Football needs to be about football and your sex life needs to be between you and whoever else it involves. IMO.
*If not for being gay as hell, no one would have heard of the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

Holy poo poo

Falconitus posted:

I read that but couldn't figure out if

he needs to come to Atlanta because he’s gay or because he plays football. I’m thinking any time anyone makes football about things that have nothing to do with football it’s a mistake. Kinda like saying Johnny Football needs to be drafted by LasVegas because he likes to party. I’m thinking from a football standpoint many teams had a chance to draft this great defensive wonder and somehow dropped the ball. Could it be he’s not that great? No, of course not. We all know what it will be because of. That, we don’t need.

:barf:

Falconitus posted:

Yea, I hear tell he has moves

at getting into backfields that would make the average man blush.

Wow, That was a loving thread that kept on giving.

I need to figure out if Falconitus has a twitter feed, because I think it would be proof of a creator.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 31, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I decided the SBNation Rams board needed to be checked in on.

richromeo21 posted:

Applaud the Football decision

Personally I could care less who he sleeps with (as long as it’s not a kid). I want players that would help us win. If there was an openly gay qb that could throw 4500 yards and lead us into the playoffs then sign me up. Sam played here with class. Fisher and Snead made a football decision. We don’t need to stack extra players on the D line. We need some depth on the Oline, qb, CB, and linebacker.

Sam played with heart. He solves a lot of problems… But they are football problems we don’t have. Would love to see him hit the practice squad and be there if needed.

Now let’s figure out the rest of the team. Was Mallet released?

He finished strong but he started off with a whopper.

When is America going to stop attributing pedophilia to homosexuality? Who the gently caress started that anyway?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 31, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

Given that the biggest football news story since O.J. Simpson was the Penn State situation, putting that disclaimer is entirely fair.

Yeah, man, I guess I just don't feel that kind of distinction is necessary, but since the rest of the post was coherent he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Most Rams fans were lauding Sam and seem genuinely bummed he didn't make the roster or the PS. Falcons fans were discussing him because we have basically no one who can get after quarterbacks consistently except the Osi, who had a down year in 2013. Not confidence inspiring. Falconitis was a diamond in the rough, even on the Atlanta boards, his story needs to be a cautionary tale.

African AIDS cum posted:

Whats the point of finding posts that make you mad and posting them here, I get it if they are funny but you're just digging up stuff to be offended by.

That's what this thread is, man...

from the OP:

Detergent posted:

Any branch of Rivals, 247, or any small, team specific site is full of this kind of poo poo. Also applicable, the comments section on sports articles on newspaper sites, Facebook arguments about football (blur out names) and horrible political chat from football sites. Just basically anything from a football forum that exemplifies the contempt you feel for so many of your fellow fans of the game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 2, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zifnab posted:

Hawks forums are currently busy yelling about the backup RB competition

:jerkbag:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

I saw a black guy line up as the punter on the weekend (forget if it was NFL or College) and I immediately assumed the team was trying a trick play.

edit: It was this dude for the Raiders.

http://www.nfl.com/player/marquetteking/2534819/profile

Leave it to the Raiders to draft the most athletic guy at every position.

:thurman:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That's right, we got child abusers, wife beaters, and gay's in the NFL. Those are all things that belong on 1 image macro.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

I see what you mean, but to me it just reads like a simple "rule of three" joke, where the whole idea is that one of these things is not like the others. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the person who made that, idk.

Maybe the guy who made the image macro was thinking that. If that's the case, he's effectively trolled the true colors out of a lot of people who are reposting it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chimeric posted:

I saw this one pop up on Facebook earlier:

That's another brilliant one. Josh Gordon's barely registered weed infraction and "being gay" = domestic violence, animal cruelty, child abuse, rape, murder and corruption.

This is like having an FBI's most wanted list with the neighbor kid, Chad, on the bottom row wedged between the known terrorists.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Its just a joke meme, relax a little

It's not a funny joke. None of those tiles are actually funny, it's a loving rap sheet. I'm sure we could come up with better poo poo, like Sexy Rexy: Hide your booze, DJ Swearinger: Hide your knees, Tom Brady: High your fives (or just hide your fives), Lions FO: hide your star players' poo poo opinions.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 18, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

NFL front office = 95 IQ retards literally bathing in cash who got insanely lucky to have "executive" jobs that are easy as gently caress

typical NFL team runs about 60-65 offensive plays per game. slightly more than half of those plays are run plays, meaning you or i could be QB on those plays. on the very high end, let's say 30 of those are pass plays. most of the passes are screens, RB checkdowns, or quick slants/short passes. any HS starting QB can make those throws. "oh but an NFL QB has to be 6'4" and have a cannon arm!!!!11" loving lol. at the very high end, of those 30 passes per game, maybe 6 are legit deep balls. 66% completion percentage is average for NFL starting QBs, but that number is skewed high due to short passes and RB checkdowns. of the 6 deep passes per game, being very generous, cannon-arm $20 million QBs will complete maybe 2. so idiot NFL teams are blowing a shitton of cap space for 2 deep completions per game basically. 2 loving deep completions per game. what are the odds that any of the games during an entire season hinged on one of those 2 deep passes? loving zero games are actually decided by 2 loving deep passes. zero.

NFL teams should only have QBs who are smart and can read defenses, and have good team leadership. tons of good college QBs would do that poo poo for just the league minimum. NFL teams should spend literally 90% of cap space on beast defense and O-linemen

Haha, how's that working for ya, St Louis?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Sorry :( I'll pm you anytime someone laughs to see if the joke was worth a chuckle.

Send it to Rap too, he's got final approval and it'll save me the button press.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

How can you see your monitor with your nose so high up in the air?

It's hyperbole. How do you see your monitor with your nose being such a gigantic piece of poo poo?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
A post about Kroy Biermann from SBNation boards:

A Brief History Leason

Why did we pick up Ray Edward in FA? Because Kory wasn’t able to apply pressure and teams would double JA55.

Kory highest sack total in any year was 5 and in my opinion, what made Kory such a fan favorite was when the Falcon’s played Payton Manning and he was dropping 20yd in coverage. That’s when names like; Jack of all trade, Swish Army knife, and other multipurpose tools was used to describe him. Most multipurpose tool does man things well. In Kory’s case, he does one thing well and that’s being a backup. The Falcon’s need to dig deep in the FA good bag and look for a dope to take Kory for a draft pick. Maybe someone will give back a 6-7 rd pick. Then this year draft we need to focus on 2 OLB/DE and a RT. Lets double dip in the 1st and 2nd on OLB/DE and get a RT to Take over for Sam Baker. If the Lord is welling, maybe we can get 3 games out of him and can replace Marshmallow Holmes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I get that the post is poorly written, but I watched all of Hard Knocks and I am at a total loss as to why anyone thinks Biermann is a starting player in the NFL.

No, he's just pure poo poo. I hope he gets benched and soon. I posted it for the lovely writing, not the opinion.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Yrah, our parents. That's why we are typing about sports online instead of making millions like the Gronks (or the Jacksons). If my dad beat me more maybe I'd be able to dunk a drunk.

ftfy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

This is twitter, Can we do Twitter? Who cares this is the hottest rear end hot take I have ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/rkid727/status/560319125680320512

#hottakes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

quote:

As a Saints fan, you'll get no sympathy from me.

We lost our coach for a year, when there was no proof anything happened, AND even if something did happen, it offered no competitive advantage. If there were bounties, they were motivation. Setting aside that teams had been doing it for 50 years, and it’s a well documented part of the history of the game (i.e. even today Florida State guys get tomahawks on their helmets for big plays), there’s zero proof the bounties had any affect on the outcome of the game, and if they did that affect was to get players to play harder. That’s significantly different than piping in crowd noise or stealing the opposing team’s signals.

quote:

No, attempting to injure another player is not worse than piping in crowd noise.

We aren’t talking about basketball or baseball. Hitting is part of the game. Players getting injured by hits is part of the game. Piping in crowd noise is not part of the game. It is decidedly outside of the rules of the game. There’s a legitimate argument to be made that bounties aren’t cheating, since they offer zero competitive advantage, and in fact could cost your team dearly. Bobby McCray could have dislocated his shoulder hitting Kurt Warner, and there’s no doubt if there were bounties, he lost money in that deal (he was fined $20,000 by the league for the Green Bay game, which is significantly more than even the highest alleged bounties were).

Piping in crowd noise, or stealing signals is blatant cheating. There’s no argument. Objectively, those things are worse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Where can I find this person to avoid them at all times

A Saints homer who posts on the Falcons and Saints SBNation sites.

I've always found it odd that fans of other football teams would bother registering an account on a rival's fan site. I wouldn't be shocked if he's got a Panthers account too. Why even bother trolling the Buccs, though?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, I thought he might have been trolling. But then I remembered the caliber of every Saints poster that ever replies to Falcoholic stories and welp

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously I love it because I'm never gonna stop busting my Falcons fan friend's balls about how they had to pump in noise to their terrible team, I don't know why we'd want to scare them away from more hilarious proof they're the Milhouse of football.

It's cool, bro, I'm never going to let you forget how I heard two grandmas, over the TV broadcast, having a conversation in the upper level of the Superdome during the 3rd quarter of that Carolina game where Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham forgot how to play football.

hth

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This entire comments section:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/2/10/8013013/no-the-falcons-should-not-pursue-greg-hardy-in-free-agency

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was a fan of the time Johnny Manziel pretended to be talking to the coach on the sideline but was just barely in bounds

It worked too, but was called back for holding on the line, right?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

The play was illegal from the start because its against the rules.

Is it against the rules? What rules?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Mandrill posted:

THE COLLAGE! Its pretty funny that one of the fastest ways to find out if someone went to college is to have them spell the word college.

I think that's a quick way to determine if they graduated from high school.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

For anyone who doesn't go to the FART thread on a regular basis, I do a thing called Twitter Hot Takes that is similar to what this thread is about.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/category/humor/twitter-hot-takes/

I think this one is still my favorite:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/03/18/twitter-hot-takes-chris-borland-retires/

This poo poo is inspired, man

Ehud posted:

Cowherd: I’m not gonna make it.
DavidCarl2400: Don’t you go dying on me, Cowherd!
Cowherd: Before I go…*gurgles*…if baseball is a thinking man’s game…why are 1/3 of the players from the Dominican Republic?
DavidCarl2400: *chuckles*…you always were an rear end hat, Cowherd.

Also, thank God, now I'll never again have to accidentally hear Cowherd on 790 when Buck and Kinkaid become insufferable.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 28, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Can't watch the video right now. What does he say about Incognito?

Nothing, just insinuates that Philbin and Ireland put no emphasis on leadership in the locker room, and that caused Incognito to basically run rough shod over his teammates.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PantsFreeZone posted:

Jeff Ireland has a 33% hit rate on anything other than offensive linemen.

He's terrible and I'm glad he's dead.

Bad news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Me too. :smith: if I were to choose a team based purely on the fans I'd be associated with, I would go back and cheer for the Raiders or Titans.

Dude, aren't you from San Fran?

• Locked thread