Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
gently caress Baylor

quote:

We Now Have the Moral High Ground.
Baylor asking Briles to leave after what he had accomplished is cleaning up a mess greater than any University has done in history.

We didn't wait for people to force us out, or the NCAA to say something like OU's issues with Switzer or Jim Tressel at Ohio State. Illinois dumped their head coach a week before last season for treating players badly...but they had only won a single game in the last two seasons. We did this ourselves. No one told us we had to fire Briles. I don't see any fukn college anywhere that has done anything like that with someone as powerful as Briles was.

This is different.

We got rid of our bread and butter. 'We' as in Baylor and only Baylor.

No other University can say they cleaned up like we did after any of their scandals whether it's sexual assault, drugs and so on.
What we have done today whether or not you agree with it makes us morally better than any University in CFB so far.

We've made a decision to throw away millions of dollars, MILLIONS, in order to create a new culture of high standards that didn't exist.

We now have the moral high-ground...if any other schools go through similar mess and they fail to act accordingly, they aren't up to our standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is one has a 6th Sense style twist at the end

quote:

This is an embarrassment. I am a second-generation BU grad, with two diplomas on the wall. Right now, I am taking them down.

I called the ticket office and cancelled my season tickets. I called the Bear Foundation and asked for a refund of my donation.

I am done. I don't want to be associated with a school that caves to public opinion. This is not right. But then again, I am not a Regent, and they have to live with the barn fire they've started.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Never said I would be the one to do it!

A shameful outsourcer smdh

Have another quote from a BaylorFans thread titled "Do YOU actually believe CAB would overlook a "rape culture" of his players for wins and acclaim?"

quote:

No I don't. I think Briles got thrown under the bus by Starr in the last 2 days. There was no rape culture. 3-4 guys out of 150 * a 7 year period? Not a rape culture. Ridiculous.

it was only 3 or 4 rapes that got covered up let's have some perspective here people

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Has anyone blamed this on Bob Bowlsby yet?

Yes, along with the Big 12 as a whole, TCU, OU, Texas, A&M, ESPN, and the liberal media wanting to destroy a Baptist institution.

Everyone is out to get lil' ole Baylor because they hated that they got good and pissed off UT. And of course "if ESPN investigated any other P5 institution they'd find stuff just as bad!"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thread Title: "Shouldn't BU Release All Incoming Players from LOI"

quote:

No. People lose their leaders all of the time. Does not mean they get to walk away from their obligation. Young men in war, many the same age as these players, lose their field commanders all of the time. Sometimes even at the hand of death. Does not mean they get to pack their bags and go home. The new jack comes in and they keep fighting. Just the way it is.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So this exists and I suppose it goes here

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Re: Baylor not releasing more details/a full PH report

Baylor was just honoring Ali by rope-a-doping you fuckers :smug:

quote:

BOR = Genius! Media, not so much.
1) The entire media look like idiots for not doing their due diligence and for demanding to see a document that never even existed.

2) To all you BOR haters, you have been duped. You think you deserve to see something that has no right to be seen by you even if it did exist. You had a better chance of getting to see the minutes of a deacons meeting in your church than this report...if it even existed. Which it does not.

3) The PH investigation is a private investigation paid for by private funds. Written or verbal, it does not belong to anyone who did not pay for it, any more than your neighbor has a right to see a psychological evaluation of your kid. Just because they are your neighbor and their kid plays hopscotch with yours, does not give them the right to see or know a drat thing.

4) Some of the men on the BOR, like Hurd and Beauchamp and others, run multi-billion dollar public corporations every day under a tremendous amount of scrutiny by the smartest people in the world. The pukes at ESPN could not play tiddlywinks with the kind of people that hammer on these guys on a daily basis. Ever heard of the SEC? Or Goldman Sachs? So for those of you that think you know so much? Just shut up. You look and sound intellectually pathetic. You actually think that Baylor's BOR is going to bungle this thing simply because you cannot comprehend strategy? Get back on your mother's sofa.

5) Get ready. The worm is about to turn.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
hahahahah oh my god Baylor

"Sharing our story"

quote:

Has anybody thought that we might gain some traction by reaching out to share our story on other schools' message forums?

Right now, as a fan base, we're very much alone and very much victims. In my opinion, other schools have reacted negatively to our plight ONLY because they don't really know the facts as well as we know them.

By reaching out to other forums to defend CAB, to correct the misperceptions about our football players and alleged crimes, and explaining why it's important for us to reverse the BOR's rush to judgment to bring CAB back to the sidelines, we can slowly gain popular support.

Once we get popular opinion on our side, the BOR will be forced to hear our message.

I'm terrible at organizing these types of things, but I would be willing to share our story with other schools' fan bases...except Texas because none of this would have even happened if it weren't for them and the stupid LHN.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would just like to remind everyone that this is a school that wouldn't even be in the position it's in if it hadn't lucked into having a bunch of alums in the Texas legislature in the mid 90s when the SWC fell apart, and even then was a complete loving joke for about 15 years after that.

We are talking about a school that tore down its goalposts because they beat KANSAS but yeah the entire college football world is out to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Don Beebe has a place in football history forever stripping Leon Lett please do not make fun of him

• Locked thread