Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Nail Rat posted:

"This tree killing will not go unavenged. God’s wrath will be on the capstone now. You don’t mess with his anointed. We will overcome."

:stare:

Toomer's Corner = Pearl Harbor.

I mean, basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

kturner317 posted:

I, for one, am gonna do something about it. I am sending the NCAA a very detailed report with the information available to me on highly rated recruits that for some inexpicable reason keep switching to TSUN. Its not normal and I dont beieve its possible without adopting these recruits.

Fixed that up.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

quote:

No offense but I was applaud bye a few things yesterday watching the Lions game first off I felt like I was watching the Packers take on the Saints not the Lions with all the A ROGERS AND DREW BREES commercials. Seriously could the NFL make it any more obvious who they're rooting for to reach the Championship game.

O yeah Faces of the game the quarterbacks guys like Brees, Rogers or Brady do teams actually even get a fair chance at these guys or there teams I watch these games and I feel like the Washington Generals vs the Globetrotters when it comes to the calls they get from the refs!!

No offense but seriously couldn't ya hid the fact you wanted certain match ups just a little bit!!

LIONS will win a playoff game and get its fair shake of calls when Stafford actually gets voted to a Pro Bowl and becomes one of the faces of the NFL mark it down that's when it will happen and not before!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Some of you may remember DE/OLB Ricky Elmore, a player who was drafted by the Packers in the 6th round last year, he was college teammate to Brooks Reed. Elmore led his team and the PAC (IIRC) in sacks his final year.

He was drafted by the Packers and cut at the end of training camp because he seriously did NOTHING during training camp or the preseason. He got zero push even against low quality tackles, he couldn't stop the run and couldn't cover. He seriously didn't make a single play that made you think, "Hey maybe he's got a future in the league." He was a nice enough guy, he seemed to try hard, he just didn't have the ability.

This forumer is answering the question of why Elmore was cut.

quote:

The answer is very obvious. He lacks melanin. If he didn't lack melanin, he wouldn't had been treated this way. He would've been given every chance to succeed, not knocked down with invented things and then cut in preseason.[

Answer me this. Who was the last black college player to put up two 10+ sacks seasons in a very good conference and get picked in the 6th round or later, and then he was cut in preseason. I'll wait.

Of course Elmore didn't do anything in the NFL, so far he was not allowed to play in the NFL.

And no, this is not from Caste Football, sadly.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
There's an old industry secret...

Every LBer gets dominated when offensive linemen who outweigh them by 50-80 lbs constantly get in their face.

I always laugh when I hear people say "Oh that LBer sucks unless he has a D-line that can keep him clean."

In other news, RBs suck when defensive linemen are constantly breaking through the O-line and tackling them behind the LOS.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

KettleWL posted:

My favorite thing about that post is how everyone is just showering him with praise and trying to have these SERIOUS REVOLUTIONARY PROJECTIONS ABOUT DA FOOTBALL after that giant block of absolute insanity. It's like a bizarro tff.

He is right that different nickel formations are rapidly becoming the real base defense for teams, whether they call it that or not. Even if they're not playing nickel, teams are putting a larger emphasis on having at least one of their 43OLBs (or both of their 34ILBs) be able to cover reliably. (doing this instead of having to take out one of those LBers and replace him with a D-Back)

He just apparently thinks he's the first person to notice this and is working vocal emphasis into his typing, and he's speaking as if he's a jacked motivational speaker. So yeah, crazy.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Menamino posted:

speaking of scheming

This made my morning. Thank you for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

DangerKat posted:

My own prejudices are showing, as I never thought such blatant racism could be written so well grammatically.

"the King's English" really is the icing on the cake.

• Locked thread