Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Here's a quick one from AL.com, about Chizik getting a raise.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/auburn_gives_gene_chizik_raise/3510/comments-6.html

Anonymous posted:

Is that all you all have to say? Really, could you all be this drat-country? You are talking about stats when our public school teachers are being fired left-and-right? Do you not find it obscene that a coach, who is supposed to love football anyway, is paid 10 times the amount our educators make? You all do remember that Auburn and Alabama are learning institutions, right? How daft are we that support goes behind a whistleblower when our schools are the laughing-stock of the nation.

D______ A_______

They make a good point, but if you're supposed to be anonymous, why would you give your full name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Just couldn't resist this one. This is a comment on an article about USC's forfeited national championship and how some Auburn fans want to claim it.

An Alabama fan posted:

I understand how it works. You people want to claim something you didn't even play for. That's what I understand. You don't understand that when a victory is forfeited the other side wins. Aubarn was determined not worthy to play in that championship game therefore you didn't. Nothing changes about that. Oklahoma won that game by forfeit but they don't claim the championship but aubarn does. What class.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
In Auburn tree news, they're still alive. Horticulturalists are working on them, and here's some comments on the article about it.

quote:

Could we just put the trees out of their misery and chop them down, grind them up into toilet paper, plant new trees, and then roll the sacred toilet paper on the helpless trees after every victory in the annual new years tidy bowl game. Or maybe trupa and lupa could pay some 'tree surgeons' to heal them like they pay the recruits..... tick, tick, tick

quote:

Are these trees part of the barner's religion? Is this part of that "god thang" they like throwing around?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Another one from al.com, this time from the comments section of an article posted about the Ohio State debacle.

quote:

Just the facts
Vacated wins?? Vacated wins?? Fact
Wait that sounds familiar?? Fact
Who else had recent vacated wins?? Fact
Hummmmmm???? Fact
Lets c.......????? Fact
Spanky n bama ?????? Fact
Yes thats it ...... Fact
Spanky n bama fact
Ohhhhhh nooooooo fact
But guess what???? Fact
Everytime i c spankys coaching record fact
I STILL c those VACATED WINS counted fact
Hummmmmmmmm fact what gives here fact
Its kind of like the 13 imaginary titles bama fans n only them claim fact
When onlyreally one counts bcs 2009 ( very very lucky ) facf
Ohhh well bama n their lack of RB's n QB 's will lose big in 2011 fact
5-7:2-6 fact
N spankys burnout will carry over to this years team fact
Look at bama recruiting this year per rivals fact
Only 5 of them 4 stars out of 15 commits fact
Lsu n au have more 5 n 4 star commits fact
Burnout = meyer( fla ) n spanky( bama) fact
Intensity thats over the TOP burns coaches out fact
Well my dear bama friends fact
Again BORIS your friend n guide helps out again triple fact
I hope this post sheds some light fact
Just the most accurate n objective facts

Some Auburn fans call Saban "Spanky" because of this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjDVsw-eQU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dominion posted:

Nick Saban is the only person involved in football to ever smack a player on the rear end.

The way some Auburn fans talk, yeah, he's the only one to ever do it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Wait a sec, there are Raiders fans who want to bench Campbell? I mean, 8-8 isn't spectacular or anything, but they haven't had a .500 season in years.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

hypo-crit posted:

This really, Campbell did blow a few games too, like that one 49ers game.

Yeah, not saying he's perfect or the best QB ever, but it just seems a bit quick to bench the guy after one fairly decent season.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
The idea of a hardcore racist literally thinking "Aaron Hernandez is stealing Gradkowski's job/TDs! :byodood: " is pretty hilarious to me.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Minor dumbness from another article about Tebow.

quote:

Someone from ESPN said that one of the things Peyton said is that Tebow has to go if he came to Denver. Is he that jealous of Tebow? Is his ego really that big? See how big he is when he's sitting in a Hover-Around watching Tebow taking Jacksonville to the Super Bowl !

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What blows my mind about A&M is just how obsessed with Texas they seem to be. I mean, for fucks sake, the first lyrics of their war hymn is "Goodbye to Texas University". That's pretty damning. The Iron Bowl is a bitter rivalry, but nowhere in our fight song do we reference Alabama because shouldn't a fight song be about...well...your school? And not anyone else's school?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Arschlochkind posted:

'Texas Fight' was written in response to an old A&M song and the first words are "Texas fight, Texas fight, and it's goodbye to A&M". UT created the Hook 'Em hand signal in direct response to Gig 'Em. It's not a one-way street. :colbert:

Ah...that's the context I lack not being from that area of the country. So it's not some weird creepy obsession on A&Ms end, just on 65% of their end.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Well, this is topical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdOqgOv51fQ&feature=youtu.be

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Arschlochkind posted:

Guy called in to the late show on Sports 610 in Houston tonight, had to ask if Case Keenum was drafted, and after he was told the Texans signed him as an UDFA said:

"Now the Texans have a REAL passing quarterback."

I don't get the hate for Schaub. Dude is a legit good QB and, without the injury this year, the Texans stood a good chance to get into the late rounds of the playoffs.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

McKracken posted:

I don't think this is hate for Schaub as much as its Keenum fans who think he's just going to air raid it up in the NFL no problem.

Yeah, but there are also folks who still :qq: about the Texans "missing out" on Vince Young. Sports fans are dumb.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Kalli posted:

Something new for the Bookmark file: http://qbinskirts.com/

There's more!

Well this is certainly something.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Cornelius Washington, UGA linebacker posted some "woe is us" tweet RE: Crowell's dismissal, and some redneck screamed out a reply that's getting reposted by tons of people.

It's about as racist as you'd expect.

Once again, grown rear end adults following kids on Twitter and Facebook is creepy as hell to me. Not to mention the fact that this entire rant is the embodiment of :stare: .

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Well, this is as horrible a post as one can get.

quote:

When people like stuart scott irl come in to repeatedly assert their own (unchallenged) moral conviction and fortitude, it makes me question their moral conviction and fortitude.

EVIL PEOPLE - GOOD PEOPLE - I AM GOOD PEOPLE

The PDF is disturbing, and it's pretty goddam easy to see how this all shook out. Sandusky is a deeply insecure and terrified human being. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself, and if it's a pound of flesh you want from him, then be sated by the fact that he has lived much of his life in mortal terror of both his own desires and the society that wants to crush him for those desires.

loving hell.

From the original Sandusky thread.

E: FB, but at least I got the quote that earned a perma probation.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

For what it's worth, my friends in DC say there's a lot of pressure to marry black women and form ~Black Power Couples~ to take back DC from the cultural hegemony.

Gotta agree with this. There's a lot of societal factors at play here. When I originally read the comment, I didn't see it as racist so much as the interpretation that Marketing New Brain had.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

commy gun posted:

Like I said, I realize its a cultural issue and not racial but its unfair to say something like that just because hes a celebrity. Its more insulting to the fiancee (Rebecca Lidicoat) really, he makes it sound like he picked up her at a dealership or something.

I didn't get the impression that the writer thought that RGIII picked her from a lineup or anything like that. I also think that that the kind of person who says this kinda thing about a celebrity probably also says it about people that he/she knows in real life.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

swickles posted:

I feel like posting of Sandusky related stuff in this thread is just a big mistake. We already know there are people with dumb opinions on it, and it would literally dominate the thread. Lets just stick to posts calling Dilfer the QB of the decade and on why Farve should come back and start over Rodgers. If you want bad Penn State posting, you can just look at the GBS thread. Or don't.

Agreed. Here's some minor dumbness about the Panthers.

quote:

I think that Carolina Is very special this year and should stay as far from the radar as possible. I think that they should pick up Terrell Owens and hold him strictly accountable to Carolina standards and turn him into a tight end 2nd string 1st and allow him to prove that he is thankful for the chance to play in Carolina and the NFL. This would really scare some tams. it would give our quarterbacks a check down heaven and a nightmare for other teams defensive coaches. they gave Shocky a chance
and as a die hard fan I know that Mr. Owens will show up. in closing I can see the run ending up on Super Bowl Sunday if we can just stay healthy. and become a close knitted team.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

quote:

I almost never comment on this site, but your comments "tizzlin" really bother me. Jimmy Clausen, yeah he had a horrible 2010, really isn't as bad as he may seem. I remember seeing him play at Notre Dame, and he made all the throws you would expect a pro to make. If you go back and watch the highlights from his rookie season, he wasn't skittish in the pocket like say David Carr. 1) He had a horrible coach, and QB's coach in his rookie season. 2) Gettis and Lafell were rookies, so he didn't have anyone to throw to besides Steve Smith, not even a tight end. Clausen only threw 4 INT's to 28 TD's in his junior year at Notre Dame. He's not a horrible quarterback, just wasn't put in a good situation with John Fox pretty much out the door. I actually thought he would've won the backup spot to Cam Newton last season based on his play in the preseason, which I thought wasn't too bad. Against the Giants he threw a pick, but then came right back and threw a nice deep ball for a TD to Greg Olsen. I think he sits this season and next and learns a heck of a lot of football, then ends up starting for someone after that. Don't be surprised if he turns out to be the next Drew Brees. Clausen struggled early on when he first got to Notre Dame, but then ended up having one heck of a junior year.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
The Next Drew Brees

Edit: I don't care that it's been, like, 5 years. This picture still makes me laugh.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

go3 posted:

TFF still hoping for that Jeff George/Terrell Owens dream team

We try not to think about what might have been. :(

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

The Incredible Ed posted:

I really want the Bears to sign TO. I would buy a jersey day one.

Surely you'd sign him as a 2nd string TE, right? You don't want him to get the wrong idea.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Al Davis was loving insane, though. Not for picking DHB, just because he was Al loving Davis.

I still miss that man. :( Drafts will be so boring now!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

From pewterreport.com

Please tell me that pewterreport is an anti-Stormfront.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

edit: Oh yeah, there's also this guy whose entire schtick is to hate on ANYthing the Bucs do. He also carries on about how we should have drafted Tebow in the first round because he would have been the savior of the franchise. He's so serious about it I almost believe he's not kidding.

I've thought about buying him an account here.

Well it'd be funny for, like, the 10 mins he wasn't banned.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This is Boris. He only give the most true and objective facts.

quote:

Just the facts
Lsu's season as Boris sees it fact
) Lsu 51 N.Tex 0
Mett throws for 340 yds and 4 td's fact
Lsu running attack simply overwhelms their D fact
Lsu rushes for over 300 yds fact
Rivers comes in and plays well fact
Total mismatch and Lsu holds on to # 1 fact

2)Lsu 47 wash 17 fact
Lsu comes out fast and OBJ runs the opening kickoff back 100 yds fact
Mett throws for 275 yds fact
Rb 's account for another 250 yds fact
D plays well and Jallen Mills picks off pass and returns it for a TD fact
KeKe gets 2 sacks and Sam gets 1 fact
Lsu retains it's # 1 ranking fact

3)LSU 65 Idaho 3
Mett throw for 225 yds in the first half fact
Rivers comes in early in the first quarter fact
Bolden also plays in the last quarter fact
Idaho scores late on the 3rd string to avert the shutout fact

4)
LSU 55 Towson 0 fact
Les calls off the dogs early fact
Everyone including the walk on's play fact
Lsu remains #1 fact

5) LSU 35 AU 17
AU comes out fast and leads 7-0 fact
Lsu ground game starts pounding AU defensive line fact
Mett 's passing keeps the Eagles defense guessing fact
LSU depth proves too much fact
Lsu retains it's # 1 ranking fact

6) LSU 24 FLA 21 fact
fla defense rises to the occasion fact
LSU offense is stopped cold in the first half fact
Russell returns 2nd half kickoff for a score fact
Game is close all the way fact
Tigers win on FG as time expires fact
LSU reaLizes that it has to bring it's A game every week in SEC play fact
Lsu stays at # 1 triple fact

7) LSU 21 USC 13 fact
Another defensive struggle fact
Thanks goodness for Hill fact
He gets the tough yardage in the 4th quarter to help run out the clock fact
Mett throws for 2 td's fact
Wing runs for key 4th down fake punt fact
He not only gets the first down but scores fact
Lsu stays perfect and #1 fact

8) LSU 41 aTM 7 fact
LSU simply explodes in great execution fact
Tigers secondary is really getting that experience fact
Simon picks off 2 n returns 1 for a score double fact
Mett goes 21 - 25 with 4 TD passes fact
Team jelling at the right time fact
LSU #1 fact

9 ) Lsu 49 tide 7 fact
Tide fans hope for an upset against the nations #1 team are dashed early fact
Lsu scores the first 3 times against the tide for a commanding 17-0 lead at the end of the first quarter fact
Tide does score late against the tigers 3 rd string defense to avert the shutout fact
Lsu is on it's way to REPEAT and DEFEND it's sec and national titles from 2011 title fact
Spanky and the tide are completely demoralized fact
Tide suffers it's worse beating in history fact
Tide fans in deep mourning fact
Yes LSU gets all the number 1 votes and is the unanimous #1 fact
A number of BAMA fans believe that Bama did not LOSE but just BEAT themselves fact

10) LSU 41 miss St 17 fact
Lsu a little flat for the game fact
But the running game is still hitting on all cylinders fact
Les grounds out the win fact
Mett throws 2 int but also passes for 2 fact
Miss St plays hard and keeps game close until the 4th quarter
BLUE and HILLIARD Keep runinng hard fact
Ware, Hill and Ford continue to impress fact
Landry scores 2 TD's fact

11) LSU 61 ole miss 17 fact
Les calls off the dogs early fact
Lsu leads 42-0 by half fact
Blue , Ford,Ware and Hilliard all rush for 100 yds fact
1st time I'm LSU history that has happened fact
Mett slings ball for 399 yards fact
LSU simply too much for ole miss triple fact

12) LSU 38 ark 24 fact
Ark fired up to win this "rival" game fact
Ark actually leads LSU at half fact
Les , and Mett give impassioned speeches at half fact
Sam gets D going the second Half with a sack and fumble recovery fact

LSU heads to the SEC championship game ranked consensus # 1 triple fact
Well my friends here is the regular season as BORIS sees it fact
Lets hope for the best! Fact
Just the most accurate and objective facts

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Hm...yes. The only people who could find fault and/or hilarity with the Jets situation are Giants fans. There's no other reason they should be criticized at all. People forming their own opinions is completely laughable.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ticonderoguy posted:

Coming from MCM that's no surprise. If you look through the archives, the training camp posts were full of people expecting a 10 win season.

Volnation is not getting the attention it deserves:

The thread title is "Why can't Tennessee do this"

Ah, college puns.

Aubarn/The Barn
Bammers/Barners
UAT (for "University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa")
ThUGA
Floriduh Gaytors

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

Someone help me, because I can't get my head around Fexans. Just going to assume it's something homophobic.

That was my original assumption! Any update from them now that the game is over?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Why does that blog analyzing TFF exist?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

There's delusional and then there's...this.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Comments about Auburn's hiring Ellis Johnson as DC:

Alabama fan posted:

I will have to give you barners an "A" for effort. You are really trying to come back and have a decent team. Here is the problem :

You are always trying to measure yourselves against the Greatest Organization in the History of Human Athletic Competition, THE Alabama Crimson Tide. Compared to Bama, the NY Yankees are an expansion club.

Thus you are doomed to failure no matter how hard you try.

Enjoy!

Saban Rules !

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
For the sake of equal opportunity stupid:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

That guy deserves Sanchez buttfumbles from now until the end of time.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Catfish Noodlin posted:

So the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin thing has resulted in some absolute gems from Miami Dolphins message boards:

I love this wonderful investigating! :allears:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Cam Newton: Worst NFL Draft pick ever

I know it's Bleacher Report and all but come on

Oh yeah, that article is an oldie but goodie. I really hope he keeps that promise, though. Would love to see the sign!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
It would be hilarious if dumb Panthers fans who think Newton is sooo terrible and that the team would be better off with Derek Anderson got their wish and Newton got traded to a complete team and immediately lit up the scoreboard and the stat sheet en route to a Super Bowl. I would laugh forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Wasn't the only real alternative for the Panthers there Gabbert? Like no one actually thought they would take Miller or whatever, right?

There are some who say that the Panthers should have given up the 2011 season in the hopes of winning the "Suck for Luck" campaign.

• Locked thread