Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

I want to do a white guys on the Patriots avatar (Woodhead/Edelman/Welker/Gronkowski) and have the text be some ridiculous Caste Football quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Patriots fans are probably the most pessimistic in the league. Sure, our team went 14-2 playing a tough schedule in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year and almost the entire team is now under the age of like 28, but man does this team SAHCK.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Most athletic departments lose money, so he did kind of have a point. Only the biggest ones are profitable, and then they're massively profitable. Athletics should be separate from the academy anyhow but somehow we managed to gently caress that one up.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

My favorite patsfans poster is that one guy who creepily refers to everyone as 'cousin.'

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

patsfans thread entitled "How to Meet Women on patsfans.com"

quote:

Guys,

You guys have been so helpful and intelligent over the years- love y'all. But one thing I would love your input on: how to meet girls on this forum. I would genuinely like to connect with a young, high-class, intelligent woman on our mutual interest in the New England Patriots. I feel I have a lot to offer and a big heart.

What do y'all think? Wish i had the courage of Mr. Tom Brady and Mr. Robert kraft, y'all.

:stare:

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

"Get me Brian Hoyer!!!!" - many an NFL GM

You laugh, but acquiring Brian Hoyer as the QB of the future was actually part of Michael Lombardi's pitch to the 49ers when he was interviewed as a GM candidate.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Not from a football forum, but I was in Dunkin' Donuts today and overheard somebody say that the trouble with the Pats is that "Brady has gone Hollywood."

Ever since YOKO showed up, Tom LADY just hasn't been the same clutch quarterback we remember from 2002.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Shockey dated the hottest girl my high school ever produced when he was with the Giants at training camp in Albany. Supposedly what fiz said about sealing the deal is right, though I'm not sure I take all the rumors at face value.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

If Kyle Field is dead where are they going to bury it???

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

This is all getting absurd. The main reason that people do not like Tebow is because he is a professing Christian and that makes people uncomfortable. That makes people mock him. He isn't going around the league baptizing people. He just states his beliefs about his faith as part of his dealing with his Lord. Many stars do. A lot of African American stars make a point of their belief. Funny, I don't see them mocked.

If he was practicing the religion of Islam and he was mocked by the media, some players or fans, the ACLU would drive a bulldozer up your annal cavity!

Baseball stars throw praise to the heavens for a good hit or homerun. Nobody beats on them. I see this every game.

Troy Polamalu says a prayer prior to and after every tackle and play he is in. How come the media and fans don't mock him? Everyone see's it. How come fans aren't asking Goodell to ban Troy from his outward expression of faith. How dare he do that in front of a very cynical world comprised of great ACLU atheists!!!!

NASCAR has many stars. Prayers for the drivers, crews and fans are said prior to every race by a chaplain or minister......on national TV. There are 75 million NASCAR fans in this country and they have a higher per capita earning and education level than the NFL fans....shocked?...I was too. Sorry, it is a fact. The redneck monicker ended about twenty years ago. It is now extremely corporate driven. I met Ty Law and Jerome Bettis.....at a NASCAR race. So do not say they pray there because they are stupid or redneck. Most NASCAR races are no longer raced in the Southeast. Yet proclamations of faith are still active is my point.

I know it is cool to criticize people who have faith and wear it. I wish I could be as brave as Tebow or some athletes. There are some who actually believe they are blessed to be doing what they are doing. Even Brady does. Where are the torches and pitchforks.

As far as his QB skills:
How many games did Manning win the first year as the starting QB for the Colts? 3 versus 13 losses. Tebow won six in a row and got 8 wins, unconventionally I agree, but he won and got the Broncos the Division. Isn't judging a 23 year old kid after his first starting season as the worst QB in the history on the NFL a little premature? How many passes did TB make in his first year as a starter. Minimal at best.

If Tebow can start for an NFL Team for 14 years like Manning, let's judge his prowess then. He will win, we all agree with that. Will it be pretty? Maybe not but at 23 and in his first full season as a starter, he was not that bad as far as success. Ever see Mike Vick throw his first years with the Falcons? Give the kid a few years to learn defenses and reads. It was outrageous what Hodge said about him. The kid is genuine in his convictions and needs to grow as a QB.

The Pats had a QB here many years ago they got from the Vikes after he won a bit for them. His name was Joe Kapp. His passes were ridiculous.

The best pure passer in the NFL of all time might have been Jeff George. The man threw BBs. Had measurable too. What did he do?

Elway hates this kid. His success caused Elway grief. Failure would have been better. It was not the Elway QB type. Manning is.

Someone mentioned this today. I am adding. John Elway, Pat Bowlen and Peyton Manning should have another press conference today with Tim Tebow. On that stage the ought to pull Tim Tebow's khakis down and all three kiss his beasshind. It was said if Tebow doesn't make the Broncos relevant last year with the potential of success, Mr. Manning is playing in Miami or AZ! Tebow made the Manning deal possible.

Manning should give Mr. Tim "Can't be an NFL QB even if this was my first year and I beat Mannings first year and did not look any worse than Mike Vick" Tebow a big piece of that 96 million dollars.

I don't know why but even if the Pats do not get the kid, BB sees the quality of Tebow as a football player and evaluated him as a QB and he is smarter than most on WEEI or 98.5, ESPN and the NFLN.

This kid did not kill animals, get in a shoot out, cause a bar fight, poop in someones clothes hamper, try to run over a meter maid, sell drugs on the side, go to Canada to pick up Oxicoten, make it rain, start a bounty program or be as stupid as Jerry Porter. He won games as painful as it looked. I saw him throw some frozen ropes for completions so his arm seems intact. He is basically a rookie.

There are some other pretty unappealing QBs out there. After 4 years as a starter, you want Sanchez or Tebow? NY is not doing this as a novelty. This IS competition. Think of it this way, they are all in on Sanchez, They bring in Tebow and he wins the job, Rex and Tanny save face because the Sanchez experiment failure is on the back page as far as news. Actually genius for them. Sanchez doesn't have the leadership ability to lead a cub scout pack.

Tavaris Jackson? ....Please! McCoy? they want to dump him and he's got three years. Grossman started last year. He was superb...ya. Kolb and the beloved Matt Cassel are not sure things. Even in his first full year and knowing what he does, I consider Tebow before those two.

Offensively no one ever makes note that the Broncos offense was mediocre to begin with last year. Yet they won with him. Defense helps I know, but he was still the driver.
DW Toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Boston College and Purdue produce the best pro quarterbacks. Where my Purdue buddies at :smug:

• Locked thread