Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
If only Mario Williams were as healthy as that other guy they should have taken, Reggie Bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Arschlochkind posted:

I feel awful for laughing at this. But it was likely written with total sincerity so I think I'm fine?

I sort of understand he's trying to use quotations to imply sarcasm with "superstar" despite that fact that Ray Lewis is, in fact, a superstar.

Why the hell are "Ravens, Incorporated" and "pre-game" in quotations? I'm also not sure a guy who pays child support on Cromartie levels is doing anything "ultra homosexual".

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

RE: Vernon Davis celebrating his first touchdown (although it could be anything a black man dares to do)

players today are classless. they behave like animals. its called self control guys. learn some and maybe you wont: beat your girl, deal drugs, do roids, shot people/or yourself, drive drunk, and so on and so on.

and

last week he cried like a little #$%$ when he made the winning touchdown and acted all humble... today he showed exactly what he is.... just another NFL thug who thinks the league can't survive without him

ahh yes, Vernon Davis, noted wifebeater, thug, roider, people shooter, drunk driving animal.
edit
and drug dealer

I bet this guy shoots his TV whenever the Discount Double Check commercial plays. Clay Matthew is probably dealing drugs too, look at that guys hair.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

commy gun posted:

I assumed the poster was black when I read it since its a respectable site and there isn't rampant internet hate/racism. I know this it was about culture and not race but that doesn't give anyone the right to "critique" who he wants to marry.

Eh, I can see a rational, normal, well adjusted person having that view, and it seems kind of disingenous to have it on the same page as juden controlled sheepletainment.

It isn't even really a critique of RGIII and more of an observation.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Rap posted:

Yeah I'm not sure if Griffin is supposed to not talk to non-black women, or like date them casually but never commit....? Being black is about more than free govt handouts and thuggishness i guess

Three times in college, then they take your black card.

Are people really reading that as being anti-interracial marriage? I see it more as someone opining about a complex issue, like how high profile members of the black community disproportionately dating/marrying white women sets them up as status symbols and devalues black women. The poster is dismayed at the overall effect these types of marriages have, not at the marriages themselves or RGIII's in particular, if that makes any sense?

I love this thread for the abhorrent opinions, not so much the opinions I disagree with but ultimately could see how someone arrived at them.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
The only thing I could find was that it means "Divorced White Female" but that feels a little off topic for that particular racist screed.

I do like and now subscribe to the idea that lovely top ten bust lists aren't propagated by lazy journalists, but rather gay, fat, black, jewish, quarter jackelope/sasquatches.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

Not recently, but after 2008, there was a not-insignificant chunk of fans that wanted to go forward with Matt Cassel.

I personally killed 24 of them in self defense.

Hey remember when, "Tom Brady is a system quarterback" was a real thing people were saying?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Sash! posted:

If someone came out to their press conference in a doublet and ruff, I'd literally not be able to process the image.

I doubt I'll ever laugh as hard as I did when Big Ben came out donning a loving fedora.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Anals of History posted:

His argument is dumb, but "muted catatonic magnificence" is a phrase I'm looking forward to stealing.

Yeah if I were a Texans fan, I would have that phrase and SchaubEyeballsPopping.gif as my AV.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Serisothikos posted:

Well, he's around 1.25 Schaubs, who is the baseline for replacement-level

The preferred metric for QB pussy slaying power is DTFs

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Effectively, the effect would cause a bonding effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Wearing you cap sideways during interviews is one of the leading causes of autism.

• Locked thread