Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

I present to you the most unreadable thing: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=448360

A month long, 63 page thread that almost instantly devolves into Peyton vs Brady and stays there, forever.

You'd think that after the last three or four offseasons where just about every forum pertaining to anything to do with NFL has had the Manning vs Brady debate all that could be said would have been said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dan Snyder doesn't care about red people.

On an actual note, being australian I know nothing about Native Americans other than what I've learned watching Deadwood but I didn't think Redskin was a derogative term?

are people pissed off because they (non-native americans) use the name referring to native americans because native americans were systematically killed by the government or is it actually a derogatory term like negro or whatever else the cool kids at caste football are using these days?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dominion posted:

Redskin or red man is on par with calling an asian person yellow. It's not a super-charged hateful term like some other racial slurs but it's not something you'd be ok calling someone casually without expecting them to get offended.

Wouldn't that be down to connotation though, like Obama's inaugural address IIRC

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wilfoy posted:

Yeah there was a bunch of phoney outrage on sportscenter for a couple days about Nick Saban being "abusive" or some poo poo. Meanwhile, Brett Favre would spank everyone on the field during the course of the game, including the umpire, and that earned him the title of "enthusiastic leader."

With Favre they wanted it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some patsfans have some interesting opinions about Manning potentially being out for the season.

It would be glorious for Indy fans

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

He was actually supposed to be really good coming out of highschool, but had some kind of congenital back problem that ended his career prematurely. :(

Yeah but then again if all else failed you've at least got two rediculously wealthy siblings to mooch off of.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Larch posted:

The important thing is that he hated to say it. This is a man of courage with the strength of character to take on and give voice to unpleasant realities. Bravo.

I'm almost disappointed we didn't get "I'm not racist but".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

The NBA is rad and all y'all are dummies, basketsport uber alles

Anyways, the source for this is obvious and is technically a blog post but whatever

I love the freedom of speech card retarded americans play so often.

• Locked thread