Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
On Mario Williams:

quote:

I'm sort of leaning to saying yes to trading him for 2 quality starters. Give me quality safety and a WR for him or like the OP mentioned, another quality DE. Almost every season he's been injured and he's racked up double digit sacks at the back end of the season when we needed things to fall into place to make the post-season....not when we were in control. Yes...i'm saying it, almost like trash time stats.

Week 14 or something....woow...look, he got 3.5 sacks. How about making those sacks in crucial moments of a game to put your team in control of their destiny. Mario's no game-changing DE. It's just not part of his persona. So if I can get two quality starters than can help in two key areas for one quality DE, which is the most Mario's ever been....I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Some Moron posted:

I honestly would take Tebow over Schaub right now because he shows emotion, he has heart, he tries to fire up his team and get them to rally around each other and put forth maximum effort. All of which Schaub has never done.

(avatar goes better with this one than the Mario Williams post earlier in the thread)

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Man that Matt Schaub guy loving sucks.

some idiot posted:

I evaluated on how many times his iver-throws, under-throws, and horrible decisions have cost us games.

He wont do that now because our defense will protect him.

But he sucks.

Yates starts by week 10.

Jesus Christ we have awful fans in Houston.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

the very-white Houston Texans

haha Jesus Christ

quote:

“Ravens, Incorporated,” the franchise that encourages an ultra-homosexual “pre-game” dance routine, performed by their plodding, rotund, over-the-hill “superstar,” Ray Lewis, prior to every home game…

I feel awful for laughing at this. But it was likely written with total sincerity so I think I'm fine?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

http://www.houstonianonline.com/viewpoints/dallas-vs-houston-rivalry-is-too-harsh-1.2697459

:allears:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

The whole thing I was like "oh wow, I thought everyone here was a white supremacist but these two guys at least aren't all the way racist" then I saw the last sentence and was like :ughh:

The second dude is like the most laid-back sounding racist rear end in a top hat I think I've ever heard. The last sentence is like he's standing around the water cooler at the KKK office and is saying goodbye to a coworker because his break is over.

"You know, it's kinda unfortunate that asians and Mexicans are disadvantaged by this system too. I'd like to see them get more chances like the many, obviously superior white athletes that have nowhere to go. Welp, I'll catch you later Doug - white power."

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Comments from here.

Jacob Jones, Top Commenter posted:

How about getting a solid #2 receiver through FA, and use all our draft ficks, save a 2nd rounder, maybe, and move up to get RGIII.. Heck, I'm even good with letting Foster go and getting a 1st and 3rd in return, and using those to move up to get RGIII.. Let's face it, Schaub, while certainly serviceable as an NFL QB has had season ending injuries in 3 of his 5 seasons with the Texans, and even if he stays healthy, we have no clue how he's gonna respond in a playoff situation.. And if that's not enough for you, then just look at the Ravens, who use basically the same formula to win ball games as the Texans do, and they still came up short to a team with no defense, and a great QB.. I hate to say it, but the "promised land" is a lot more reachable with a franchise QB on the roster, and we can all agree that Schaub certainly doesn't rate as a Franchise QB..

quote:

My facts are straight, do you know how to read?? I stated above that I think Schaub is a bum. LEARN TO READ!!!! Also the Colts were 2-14 so what?? Has no bearing on the team next year. Not sure if you heard Garcon, R. Wayne, Dallas Clark, J. Addai,D. Freeney,R. Mathis, J. Saturday, A. Costanza is a very good start. They had injuries to their o-line, but you fail to recognize this. The Colts are a passing team guess you are the last person on Earth to hear this. Take your homer glasses off, Houston is nowhere as stacked as you claim!

quote:

I think the Colts are gonna be better than the Texans, is it that hard to get that through your thick skull???The Colts may not win a single playoff game, all I am saying is I think Colts win Division next year! Of course the team was built around their franchise QB genius! A. Luck will come in and do just fine. Texans have a crappy QB and a great RB that is very injury prone. A. Johnson probably the third best receiver in the league. Again he is injury prone!Brian Cushing LOL, idiot cracked his skull open headbutting a guy with no helmet on on the other players helmet! Real smart player you have their. Not to mention he is a bum druggie. You better pray this HGH testing keeps getting delayed cause when it gets approved say bye bye to Cushing!!!

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

I don't hate Schaub but I'm not particularly impressed with him. I wouldn't mind us taking a good QB if one were available with the right value, but not unless we'd drafted our actual needs first. QB is not a position of need right now for the Texans, but it's not a position of great strength either.

Yeah but none of us here consider Schaub "crappy". Plus he still gets blamed for injuries like Fat Albert shattering his foot by falling on it that leads to the continued "injury prone" thing.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Just once I'd like to sit quietly and watch somebody type a post like that. Do they slam down the key over and over for each period? Do they stop to hit caps lock for the parts where they're yelling through the internet? It would be amazing to see the artist go through his process.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

On the Texags forum after their last game against Texas.

I try to stay away from all college football boards for reasons that are abundantly clear browsing this thread.

The thing about stuff like that from NCAA boards though is that the ones I used to occasionally read were frequented without fail by a few giant rear end in a top hat *largest rival here* fans that constantly tried to stir up poo poo (and often easily succeeded). I don't know anything about the UT guys posting in those screenshots but they may be some of that board's resident smug trolls.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

I prefer instead to have this solidify my opinion that Aggies are terrible people.

Of course I may just be a terrible person too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

'Texas Fight' was written in response to an old A&M song and the first words are "Texas fight, Texas fight, and it's goodbye to A&M". UT created the Hook 'Em hand signal in direct response to Gig 'Em. It's not a one-way street. :colbert:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I'm an A&M alum and even I'd say it's about 70/30 on our side. Honestly, A&M has an inferiority complex but imagine "an inferiority complex combined with dealing with Texas fans on a daily basis" and it starts to make a little more sense.

Now both sides have to pretend we don't give a gently caress until we play each other again in 2028 or whenever.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

From the Texans forums, on the team signing Case Keenum:

quote:

So I take it with this signing the trade of Jacoby for Colt McCoy will not likely happen? :(

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Guy called in to the late show on Sports 610 in Houston tonight, had to ask if Case Keenum was drafted, and after he was told the Texans signed him as an UDFA said:

"Now the Texans have a REAL passing quarterback."

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

...I am a strong believer in the Lord, however, and would be a lot worse without Him and that is important for what I'm going to say...

quote:

There has to e some reason for it whether it is bad karma, the wrath of the gods, bad luck or a combination of different things.

Hmm yes...

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

~ Ladies + Laddies ~

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

That Which Squeaks posted:

Stay classy g~men..lucky thing for.them is that.the def line can rush the.passer and.stiffs.like the prince of the tub and antrelle toilet.rolle arent expoused for the stiffs that they really are

I think I said it before about some other stupid forum post or comment, but I'd really enjoy watching one of these people type up a response just once. I think the other one was one of those Random Capitalizations people, but this guy loves periods. What are their typing mechanics like? :psyduck:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Sports 610 caller said racism was involved in Texans WR Kevin Walter still being with the team, and that "if he were black he'd be cut" and that's why Lestar Jean doesn't already have his job. And Jacoby Jones was better than him. And all he brings to the table is "a little blocking".

Our black GM and black WR coach are racist, guys. :(

Oh God why can't I stop listening to sports talk radio?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Wolfy posted:

Isn't Kevin Walter like...good?

Also, sorry about your sports talk radio. At least here in LA it's just delusional people think Dwight Howard is taking to the Lakers all the way or the Dodgers are winning it by trading for Adrian Gonzalez.

Walter is one of those guys that's perfect for the offense as long as AJ is also out there. He can't convincingly be the #1 guy on his own, but he's an excellent blocker and he executes his role really well. He doesn't set the world on fire stats-wise, but apparently his continued employment is because of racism and not that he's a reliable WR. :tinfoil:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Unsurprisingly I tend to listen to the shows that either have fewer callers or whose hosts don't suffer bad callers. Charlie Palillo does a good job of just straight up ignoring bad callers without really insulting them outright.

This guy was even sort of an anomaly for 610 because he was dumb enough to call in and say that during the late show, and for a little bit I thought Barry Warner was going to swear on air.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

Thomas Casale ‏@ThePigskinGuy
If I sucked as bad as Golden Tate I would loving kill myself. That little bitch. He should blow his brains out and do us all a favor. Bitch

quote:

They drafted you that high Golden to make one good block in your career and then point to your name. Little bitch. I’ll fight him anywhere.

quote:

I don’t care if I only live a year. I’m on a mission to find Golden Tate, fight him and put it on Youtube. Him and his 59 career catches.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

the Titans' SB Nation blog posted:

Let’s get one thing straight, as much as I cannot stand the Houston Texans, they have much, much more disrespect for the Titans. This stems back to the days of Uncle Bud moving the once "Houston Oilers" from their native land to Nashville TN, yes I know, wah wah cry me a river. Tennessee is everything the Fexans have ever wanted to be, storied history, magical plays, and a Super Bowl appearance. What do the Texans have to show for it? Nothing at all, well, one and done in the playoffs last season, again, cry me a river.

. . . Until then I will leave the Fexans and their fans with this, we are coming and we are coming to win, even if the Titans do not manage to pull this game out they will put a major scare in your heart, if you do manage to win…..well then, I hope all of your ACL’s simultaneously explode. F you all.

"Houston Oilers" requires quotation marks, I guess.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I'll probably regret asking, but what is 'Fexans?' Just loving Texans?

"Tuck the Fexans" is a thing on there, it looks like. Not sure how Fexans works on its own but okay.

Makes me want to start a thread about the "best" Rivals style nicknames everybody has come across.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Didn't somebody seriously come in here and use "She-girls" for Philly last season?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ticonderoguy posted:

I knew that would be a bad post when I checked MCM today, but I didn't think it woud be that fantastically bad.

Honestly the Billy Madison style "WE'RE GONNA COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND WIN... MAYBE. WELL MAYBE NOT BUT STILL IT'LL PROBABLY BE PRETTY CLOSE, OKAY? BUT YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF THEY DID, RIGHT?" part was the best. You gotta commit, like the WHAGON BLASTER guy.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Hey just because we have a higher than average proportion of white players who are actually good doesn't mean the Texans are super white :colbert:

Caste Football posted:

But despite this dearth of whiteness, last Sunday, when the Ravens had secured their (highly unfortunate) victory against the very-white Houston Texans, a camera panned to the raucous crowd, revealing a white female fan (maybe 18 years old?), clad head-to-toe in Ravens gear, jumping up and down, hugging her friend, and literally weeping tears of joy for her Chocolate Comrades.

Also there used to be a Cowboys fan that trolled the official Texans message board years ago who constantly called them the Tex-Annes.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

The Fexans may act tough but the will fold like a paper towel if you start to bang them around and show them you aren't skurd. Houston knows in the back of their minds that they are still Houston, still cursed, and will be our bitch for at least one game per year because they will not sweep us.

This is one of their main contributors.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

Someone help me, because I can't get my head around Fexans. Just going to assume it's something homophobic.

I get the dumb old "Tuck the Fexans" sort of sports :iceburn: but using Fexans devoid of that context makes it even less effective. Even if it's a normal insult used on your board or wherever, as you can see from this thread we have two pages of "what the gently caress does Fexans mean".

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Morby posted:

That was my original assumption! Any update from them now that the game is over?

The guy responsible for the original stuff I posted hasn't said a word on there since then, but we did get this:

The Houston Texans pissed away and thoughts I may have had about the physicality and toughness of their defense by whining for the second time in four games about 'dirty play' from an opposing lineman. Unless someone gets hurt, shut up. Also, taking a swing at a guy with a helmet on is not dirty, it's stupid. So, you can say David Stewart is a stupid player for swinging on Reed and Barwin, but it's not dirty. Spearing Chris Johnson while he's already tackled? Now that's dirty. On top of that, I don't give a drat if our offensive line does get dirty from time to time. Any good O-line steps over that line on occasion. Final point: quit whining about opposing offensive lines when your own line's entire scheme is based on cut blocks and diving at knees to create running lanes.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

This isn't a "horrible post" in the traditional sense, but I like to see what other teams' fans and press say about the Texans leading up to games which has given us gems like "Fexans".

Here's part of a prediction from the Ravens' SB Nation blog:

quote:

All this adds up to a Ravens loss, perhaps by double digits, right? Sorry, but the NFL just does not work that way. . . .

Baltimore usually plays either up or down to their level of competition. Sunday's competition will have them playing up to the level of Houston. Ray Rice is by far the toughest multipurpose player they'll face this year. Torrey Smith is a threat. Anquan Boldin can take over a game and Dennis Pitta has as sure a pair of hands as anyone.

Ray Rice: 9 carries for 42 yards, 5 catches for 12 yards

Torrey Smith: 4 catches for 41 yards on 13 targets

Anquan Boldin: 3 catches for 24 yards on 8 targets (covered by :siren:Kareem Jackson:siren:)

Dennis Pitta: 5 catches for 33 yards on 8 targets

drat it feels good to have a defense.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

She talks about the safety as a defensive position and then a safety as a play, giving fairly straightforward, simplified definitions of both, and then says "Why are these terms so confusing?". That's comedy right there. I guess?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Jerome Agricola posted:

The initial post was so awful that Sash! probably lost consciousness for a while. It's a fairly typical response in that situation.

No Safe Word posted:

Definite concussion, I can see the fencing response

:thejoke:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Chichevache posted:

That's not how evolution works you fool! Rare candies raise your level. However they do not turn your charmander into a charizard. No, if Sanchez ever wants to reach the level of white he must practice and gain experience to evolve. There are no short cuts for racial advancement.

I think you have to use a stone to get Hispanics to evolve. The Jets may be trying in vain to level Sanchez up before they force evolution to maximize his stats, but it's clearly not working.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Serisothikos posted:

What's this? Your MARKSANCHEZ is evolving!

Congratulations! Your MARKSANCHEZ evolved into ALEXSMITH!

I think Sanchez may be struggling more with the position than he would be otherwise because he can only communicate by yelling his own name.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Here are two of the currently displayed top three comments on the NFL.com article "Seattle Seahawks' Jermaine Kearse shines with 2 TDs":

angry niners fan posted:

Probably on adderall! That team is known for cheating and choking!

angry titans fan posted:

cheathawks seacocks

Not sure why Titans guy is so mad at the Seahawks.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Kalli posted:

So Antonio Smith is facing a multi-game suspension for swinging Incognito's helmet at him, let's see what kind of insane way this thread can go:

Here's some comments from an ESPN article on it:

quote:

Texans are dirty pieces of trash easily the dirtiest team in the league scum bags the lot of them.
:monocle: Scumbags, the lot of them! Pish posh.

quote:

Miami has never beaten Houston. FACT
O-OK... Well that clears things u-

quote:

Houston has never won a conference championship. Fact! As terrible a run as we've had in recent years, your Texans STILL but a mere corn kernel in our shyt. One of the most historic franchises of all time!
I see. Well what about Antonio Sm-

quote:

"attempting to block Smith" - You mean attempt to rip Antonio Smith's head off. Incognito should have been flagged way before this even occurred for illegal hands to the face in more than one occasion.

quote:

BAHAHAHA PATHETIC POST
____________________________________________/

quote:

They're suspending him for preseason games? What? He could have killed him. The Texans play filthy. All of you should be ashamed.
:qq: (this fan is apparently from Oakland, lol)

quote:

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley 31m.
As I said on Saturday, the Texans sure are gaining a reputation for dirtiness. Still can't believe what I saw.
Collapse
=========================
not wrong. Texans easily the dirtiest team in the league at the moment.

Again, the Houston Texans are easily the dirtiest team in the NFL? :wtc:

quote:

I'd never wish an injury on anyone because I'm, you know, a person, but when Arian Foster and Andre Johnson get chopped and go down for the year, I won't be shedding any tears.
:allears:

quote:

I don't blame him. I wish he would have knocked his teeth out. Rich is just mean dirty and nasty but so is the Ninja and I'm putting my money on Antonio!

quote:

BAHAHAHAH Incognito would kill him in a matter of seconds and EVERYONE knows that clown
I can't NOT read this guy's replies in Vegeta's voice. Our linemen are the strongest in the league, Kakarot! Incognito is the Prince of all Guards! An elite!

quote:

The guy may have been playing dirty or something, but that is inexcusable. I like Antonio and all, but if he connected, it could have seriously injured, and possibly killed, the guy. Antonio is lucky he just gets suspended two games.

A reasonable opinion?! This isn't the EPSN I know and love.

quote:

there both stupid lol.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

caste football posted:

As far as Hillis goes, he slipped under the radar in 2010, strictly speaking. The Caste system was caught off-guard by his success, and then things went from bad to worse once the fans hunger for a white RB became clear with their voting him to the cover of Madden. That's when I believe the decision was made to never allow another white RB to slip thru the cracks. Hillis' career has been in a tailspin ever since, Gerhart is stuck in MIN, Leonard gets his annual 10-20 carries as a third down back, and Woodhead will continue to be criminally underused for the remainder of his career.

So bigunreal, to answer your question, we will never see another white RB rush for a thousand yards. Sorry, but it is impossible for me to be optimistic about this.

caste football posted:

Or, whites grow tired of the anti-white propaganda and this threatens the profit of jewco. Last night I watched the frisco and vikqueens game and Toby was given plenty of carrys in the half I watched. If you ask me he is a poor man's Peterson and that means he is a starter on 75% of the teams in the NFL the day of the trade. My view of the Caste System is that it is all pervasive from HS thru the NFL but it is extremely fragile dependent on nobody informing the masses that the king has no clothes.

caste football posted:

That assumes coaches won't "slip under the cracks." Bill Belichick has defied Caste orthodoxy in a big way on offense. I don't think he gets nearly the appreciation he should. Eric Mangini did the same in Cleveland, not only "daring" to start Hillis but also having a majority White defense on the field at times. Of course Mangini was fired by veteran Caste whore Mike Holmgren and shunted off to TV land. Certainly Chip Kelly has been a big surprise thus far. Even Greg Schiano isn't quite as orthodox as we figured as either Leonard or Hillis might be one Doug Martin injury away from starting.

Veteran Caste Whore Mike Holmgren

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Cowboys fan posted:

Ok,..I’ll start. There aren’t but 5 starters on the Texans squad who could start for the Cowboys. And anybody who thinks Staub is better than Romo knows not of which he speaks.

So, let’s hear it. Name more than 5 Houston starters who are currently better than the opposing Cowboy. I’ll even give you a head start; 4 are on Houston’s O-line. So at what other positions does Houston have the advantage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

pats fan posted:

lmao....even if brady goes down or gets old....mallet will come right in and carry the pats another 10 years ....no body dominated the league like the pats for the past decade

• Locked thread