Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MorningView posted:

Quarterbacks aren't the best. It's a team effort!

-Steve Bono circa 1995

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Putting aside the break from reality for a minute, if Brian Hoyer is going to be better than Joe Flacco why would a first round pick be off the table?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Oodles of Wootles posted:

I'm sorry, what?

That's a new one to me too. A google search for belly button racism revealed (maybe :nws: due to a picture) this.

quote:

French medical anatomist Etienne Serres really did argue that black males are primitive because the distance between navel and penis remains small throughout life, while white children begin with small separation but increase it during growth—rising belly button as a mark of progress.

Were they referencing that?

e: Or is it common knowledge of some sort that black guys have low belly buttons? I can honestly say I've never paid any attention to anyone's belly button position.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 17, 2011

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh poo poo I almost didn't click on that since I figured it was the snake in the cooler video. That is awesome.

e: Oh the snake was linked too. That's awesome too I'd just seen it a bunch already.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't find that I fall into that category. I praise Tebow not because he's a great QB. I praise him because he is exposing the hypocracy that is the NFL analyst and average fan. Why is Newton who has the same flaws as tebow save for maybe arm strength considered the most exciting player in the NFL right now and losing while Tebow isn't good enough to play QB in the NFL? They are, essentially, the same player. By the by, if you think Newton is an accurate passer, you clearly haven't watched him play.

Sure he makes some nice throws but most of his stuff is not on target.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Cam Newton's pass velocity, accuracy, decision making speed, and release speed are radically superior to Tebow's. It's not even a question.

edit: oh, i just saw what thread this was. my mistake.

There's also Cam throwing above a 60% completion clip with Tebow rocking <50 this year. I don't even know what sparked it, I guess they both run more than the average guy and are from the SEC?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Statler posted:

You left out the worst one.

:stonk:

But if they.. No :ese: and there is only one TE to shut down.. You have no understanding of.. gently caress it.

Serisothikos was right, burn it to the ground.

I don't know, of all the things to dislike about Caste football their analysis of actual football is pretty low on my list.

Not that he's not dumb, but you can probably take that as a given for any post there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ribsauce posted:

Went to Caste Football for the first time ever and found this within 30 seconds

Quotaback. That's a term that I should be utterly unsurprised caste would use but still am, somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really what the NFL needs is more white D backs, I can see where that makes sense.

That's still caste I take it? I worry when people don't mention where stuff is from that it's spread to other parts of the internet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Caste Mod posted:

no one is going to take us seriously.

What a shame.

Now I want to register and ask that they reopen the thread because I just thought about a world where they were taken seriously :stonk:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is that the way collarbones work? I know nothing about them other than that they're clavicles and ridiculously easily broken.

So it's a common thing but nothing you can plan for then?

e: sort of beaten but I'm curious as to whether it's a thing for individuals or a thing for everyone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You see, if he signed with us we're (just talkin' real) a Super Bowl Winner.

Since he won't, I hope he goes to one of our two biggest rivals so we can hit him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cole posted:

point blank period.

You've got to admit that you don't want one of these --> . <-- coming at you from right in front of your face.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kawalimus posted:

There was a game in 2004 on MNF against the Chiefs where Ray Lewis was going nuts because he thought he was being double teamed on every play and that's when the team decided we needed a huge dominant DT up front or something. Some people got the idea from that game that Ray Lewis was overrated and that the only reason he did well all those years was because he had big players like Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa to keep blockers from getting to him. But really that game was just against that mega offensive line the Chiefs had with like 3 HOFers on it. I think this is where that whole theory originated.

This is still one of my favorite replays from that offensive line. Ray talking about how he's being doubled every play and then they show him never being doubled and just running into Shields again and again (or occasionally Roaf or someone else). The defenses on those teams were :stonk: bad so there was never any playoff success, but that line was amazing.

As I remember Lewis was actually pretty good that game too once you got past the doubled every down quote.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

I just don't know what this is.

That's the only decent part of the post since Larry Centers was a pretty cool player! He almost had 1000 yards receiving (962) one year! Of course it has absolutely nothing to do with his point and the sentence itself is insane, but I liked being reminded of Larry. Who resembles Wes Welker about as much as any other fullback who ever played the game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GNU Order posted:

Alex D. Smith?

How many other Alex Smiths are NFL quarterbacks?

There's a tight end (or was) which I assume is why they did that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This doesn't seem bad so much as sad and stupidly optimistic. I kind of envy his optimism in a way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Arschlochkind posted:

I think I said it before about some other stupid forum post or comment, but I'd really enjoy watching one of these people type up a response just once. I think the other one was one of those Random Capitalizations people, but this guy loves periods. What are their typing mechanics like? :psyduck:

Phone posting I hope? That's the only way I can think of where . is close to as easy to hit as space.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So it's ok to be gay if you're 0-14 is his point? I'm going to call that progress.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll probably regret asking, but what is 'Fexans?' Just loving Texans?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I still have no idea what this is about other than "Hull scores a goal"

There was a (bad) rule at the time that a skate in the crease meant no goal, regardless of whether it actually interferes with the goalie. It's since been changed, but theoretically by the rules at the time that goal shouldn't have counted.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you want to go super :effort: I've heard Been Gals. Yeah.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was about to respond in N/V. That's certainly something. I question how thorough his research is if Kawalimus isn't noted as the most pessimistic on the board. Gonna go read the whole thing and see if I randomly show up.

e: Heh, No Mutants Allowed as the other part.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a typical Adaz jpg. I sort of love this thing.

"Shut up Steel Angel Two Thousand."

Petey's posts are always serious. Duck rape.

e: Seriously should we start a new thread about this? Because it's amazing. It would die after a few days but whatever.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 3, 2012

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Collector posted:

do it

my favorite line was how SteelAngel2000, aka SA2k or Ross tends to "raise some brows"

I went ahead and did this. Maybe it's not a big deal at all but I think the whole thing is hilarious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So who wants to go with to the medical supply store to pick up some human limbs? C'mon, it'll be fun.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This isn't anything except idiotic rivals puns, but...well.

quote:

So, did PeeHolee and Cranial get fired?

How the hell is Cranial even an insult? I guess you're probably not the sharpest pencil in the box if you come up with PeeHolee and think it's a good idea to share, but surely you can come up with something else for Romeo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I vaguely remember some Jemele Hill stuff that was controversial so I was thinking...ok maybe. Then I got to the first line and was like...well yeah, Cowherd has that effect on me too.

Then just :barf:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh, Jonah got eaten by a whale right? Like that's his claim to fame? And then the whale throws him up and he lives?

How is that not clutch?

e: Did Jonah kill God? I thought that was Nietzsche.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 17, 2013

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Brady is having Elway's career arc in reverse and I'm loving it.

Now and then I try to come up with the names of the three amigos and I can never do it. Ricky Nattiel and....yeah.

Really looking forward to having a moment like that when thinking of the Pats of the last few years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait a second, is that a comment or did bleacher report actually publish someone saying that in an article?

I guess the fact that I even need to ask is pretty damning.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Russian prison tats are amazing, that's one area where I think we clearly lost the cold war.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

limeincoke posted:

What's the story behind that? I know Roger is the NFL commissioner (I think). Is he actually really generous with his money, or what?

It's flat out wrong from everything I know. Maybe his personal politics are different, I have no idea how the man votes. But he's not generous at all with the NFL's money. His dad was a republican politician...uh the only thing I can think of is that his brother is gay?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly thought that sheeple was just a term people used to make fun of conspiracy people at this point. I guess not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I really thought the Bills line was going to be amazing.

And then last season happened. Sorry Bills fans :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sweeney Tom posted:

The recent Super Bowl champs were headlined by a guy who had two of the worst QBRs ever last season alone. His argument is already flawed,

His argument is dumb but this argument is...not persuasive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Norv is a good OC and would have a chance to do a Wade Phillips type thing somewhere. Somewhere that isn't Cleveland, sadly :(

Also I wasn't really alive or at least aware while this was going on but Denver apparently spent decades like the Browns/Bills/whoever are now. I really want to be alive to see this happen again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

the Good old Black Boy network

This is breaking my brain right now.

Also on an almost unrelated note I looked up Ryan Leaf recently and I was stunned at just how bad he was. Like, making Jamarcus look good bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What kind of rivals pun is Staub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I figured he'd claim that JJ Watt wasn't a 4-3 lineman or something, but yeah he'd probably be the fifth.

This could actually be a fun game with another team. How man 2013 Raiders would start for your team? I'd put Seabass down as an automatic one for everyone.

• Locked thread