Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

But Sage Rosenfels? Really? Are there people out there who demanded Jim Druckenmiller replace Jeff Garcia, as well?

Apparently there's a contingent of Patriots fans who have wanted Tom Brady replaced the last few years. There really isn't anything that's too dumb for someone to want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah, I was going off of the Jets fan who somehow thought I was a Patriots fan when I mentioned I was hoping that Tom Brady had started to decline last year. Someone said that wasn't a terribly uncommon opinion on Patsfans or whatever that site is.

I mean wanting Cassel over Brady was incredibly stupid, but wanting Mallet over Brady seems even more :psypop:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Serisothikos posted:

Wasn't that mcmagic? I mean that kind of explains the issue.

Nah his name starts with a Z I think and he (at least used to) post more in baseball threads than here and he's generally a good poster and I feel bad that I can't remember his name. Either way it was a Pats fan who claimed that the idea of moving on from Brady was a thing.

e: Not Ozu before anyone suggests that, who knows if I'm even right on the Z?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 13, 2013

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Zakharov, who doesn't spend enough time in TFF to get Kawalimus I'm learning. I don't blame him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That still doesn't seem completely unreasonable. It ignores calls out Bill trying to get rid of Welker while he was still around and whatever you want to say about Hernandez, but things did change quite a bit from last year.

And how Gronk was handled I guess. And not being able to put up with a reportedly insane Lloyd.

I'm talking myself into believing that post.

e: Oh I read best team as best offense, that changes things a little.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AfterFather posted:

Lol, blaming Romo for the loss to the Lions.

I like how it starts off with an at least defensible position (Romo not a top 5 QB), moves into a little more questionable territory (maybe not top 10), and then gets to benching your maybe just outside the top 10 quarterback by your own definition after the half.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Trev Lee · Top Commenter · Florida State University

Jesus. You'd think he might have gone for the "Winston didn't do it and is a half foot taller than whoever did" angle but I guess that's another option.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think one needs to be outraged to find that to be a bad post from another forum on the other hand.

Back in my day they didn't test for poo poo and dudes were playing games coked out of their minds but no one got busted, now you see idiots busted all the time!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is that a meme on top of another meme?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

It's one of the oldest sports cliches around, which explains why people aren't familiar with it because it really isn't in general usage anymore.

Yeah it's kind of like how defensive linemen used to have nothing but paws. You'd never hear about someone getting their hand on a pass, it was always a big paw for some reason.

Also I've heard lots of stuff in regular life referred to as a bell cow something. Not terribly often, but not super rare either. Like, a company's best product, a person in a certain group, college programs. Maybe it's used more often in different parts of the country or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Is it against the rules? What rules?

You have to be some distance away from the sideline when the ball is snapped if I remember correctly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that is a loving work of art.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's a version of this.

quote:

expression used to convey the message that even the meekest or most docile of creatures will retaliate or get revenge if pushed too far.

Which makes that whole thing just a touch more slimy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Oh man, my eyes are just burning up from those scorching hot takes.

The last guy there. I mean if you honestly believe that games are being thrown shouldn't you just put a few bets down and make a lot of money?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Somehow I missed the first time around that he wants to sign Eric Berry off the streets. Eric Berry who is in the midst of an all pro season and has pretty much won a couple of games for the Chiefs by himself this year.

Although I guess he's gonna play him at corner for some reason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 29, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well, he might be right about LT?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll go with Tom Waddle, who I believe was drilled into the turf hard enough to leave an impression on every single one of his receptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Joe Jurevicious would like you to apologize

Tommy Waddle was the mold all white wide receivers other than Jordy Nelson were made from. He had no speed, could get no separation, caught everything he could get a finger on, and got lit up every single time he caught a pass.

• Locked thread