Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

Honest to god until this point I never knew Miami was private :psyduck:
Obviously you never watched The U. It's an extremely rich, white private school in an extremely rich, white area with a football team that matched it until Schnellenberger came along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What exactly am I looking at here?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

OK I find this exchange about alternate/contemporary uniform styles pretty hilarious.

Why do I want kids who attend MY loving SCHOOL have any say in what MY loving SCHOOL wears????

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

No NFL insider is accusing Incognito of being a racist. Not even the guys who hate him. Why are you? Oh right, because you're a bunch of morons and think anyone who uses a racial slur is a racist.
This reads like a Colbert Report line.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not another forum, but someone on my Facebook feed posted this status on the Incognito-Martin situation:

quote:

Starting to not hate incognegro so much. Kinda just sound like Johnathan Martin is soft.
When I said that a racist who threatens to poo poo in people's mouths might be kind of an rear end in a top hat he said "yeah, he for sure is in the wrong in most aspects but it sounds like they were friends, so it is kinda out of context. \"

Today he posted:

quote:

If it's one guy in the NFLi don't like more than Tom Brady it's scam Newton. Go pats smh
This is a 21-year-old black guy. He has the opinions of a 60-year-old white man.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

Was the OP comments sexist? Yeah they were, but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.

Personally for me, I wouldnt want a woman running football operations for my organization. Its the same reason why I dont want to see Katie Couric on the nightly news.(Which is why she failed btw)
What even is this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stafford gets poo poo on all the time though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

This kid is unreal

*...is inhuman

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I give that guy the benefit of the doubt as a disclaimer for any NFL player.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

For anyone who doesn't go to the FART thread on a regular basis, I do a thing called Twitter Hot Takes that is similar to what this thread is about.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/category/humor/twitter-hot-takes/

I think this one is still my favorite:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/03/18/twitter-hot-takes-chris-borland-retires/

How have you been posting here so long and didn't know what lean was?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Horrible Football Posts From Other Forums: Beat UT and/or Turds plus Blech

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I believe you're looking for the Great Football Posts thread

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Is it okay to post horrible football posts from other subforums?

emphasis mine

Not emphasizing that Brett Favre played in Conference-USA (or whatever Southern Miss was a part of in the early 90s)?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man I got my mississippi schools mixed up.

So is Peyton really the only good QB to ever really come from the SEC?

Uh, the reigning MVP of the league played for two SEC schools.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My favorite was a guy trying really hard to end up on a list of people not getting the Final Four TeamStream channels. He made separate tweets accusing each one of being totally biased.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fernando Bryant wasn't even good 10 years ago when he was on the team! Also is there a cornerback also named Eric Berry out there?

Sign Terry Fair again imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PASS THE MASH posted:

He might mean Aaron Berry. I'm pretty sure he played for the Lions at some point.

That guy was awful too. We've had bad corners since Lem Barney.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is the worst derail in SAS

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shangri-Law School posted:

He's at it again!

You can't even legally sign someone to play in a playoff game, can you?

Also Morgan Trent lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who here was it that genuinely thought Jurevicius was a Hall of Famer?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
RIP Mike Furrey

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/845451378256482304

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't think that guy should like pro football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

If there is one common thread through all sports franchises, its a willingness to change their name in case it might be offensive.

For a college team it's surprising they've lasted this long

• Locked thread