Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This was from a few pages back but wanted to respond to this.

War Bunny posted:

Ugh, some of these are really bad. I can't pick and choose from any at Field Gulls...there 's just too much :smug: to choose from. Any Seahawk fans that have been over there will know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I'm one of the mods at Field Gulls. The real problem isn't the :smug: so much as it is the unbridled stupidity that goes along with the :smug:. I was around that blog during the big "Charlie vs. Matt" wars in '10, and it was as loving stupid as you'd think it was.

Things have only gotten worse since the new writer took over. I tried to put a cap on all the shitposts, but that blog moves fast, and I only have so much free time, that at this point I'm just content to let them wallow in their own poo poo.

Fellow Seahawk fans, fire away. I'm ready for any criticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

gohuskies posted:

I read it sometimes back when the John Morgan guy was doing it, he was good, but once he left I did as well. And I was smart enough to stay out of the comments, even then.

Yeah, Morgan was great. He occasionally pops up on Advanced NFL Stats but I believe he's working on a second book.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

pillsburysoldier posted:

Sometimes they talk about TV too!

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2150&tid=170876369&mid=170876369&sid=1144&style=2

Tide_2001

TideSports.com
Post #12166
Florida
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Black intellectuals should be ashamed for running D. Chappelle off TV Reply
The Oprah's and the Bill Cosby's of the world cost us about 5 years of "Belly Laughs". I miss me some Rick James.

He does realize that Chappelle quit the show because racist fans were taking his humor at face value...right? Oh wait he was one of those racist fans. Of course he still thinks Rick James is funny.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Parmesan Basil posted:

Calling the Chiefs the Chefs always got me. Is "Chef" an insult? Chefs are pretty cool, right? I mean, they cook and stuff. That's pretty neat.

Pretty sure that came from this commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I knew we would get some good ol' fashioned Boston tears after yesterday, and this guy does not disappoint.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/1/20/3898408/ravens-vs-patriots-what-we-learned-from-the-afc-championship-game

It hits all the points you'd expect: Brady is a choker, defense didn't lose the game, etc.

It also has my all time favorite :patssay: moment: The Patriots are the Colts of the 00's. "Our team is really loving good and wins 12 games every year, :qq: WOE IS US :qq:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Febreeze posted:

Pats fans have gotten so delusional

We didn't make the superbowl guys, cut everything

Kill all Boston sportswriters.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Some guy on a Raiders board thinks they should trade Seabass. How much in return?

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/4/5/4187518/trade-seabass-and-dmc

quote:

I can see Seabass being traded to Detroit for 3rd or 4th rd pick and DMC traded to Green Bay for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick. Reggie and Dennis can you the extra draft picks to fill in some more holes or add more depth(competition) to a team with alot of needs.

:catstare: I would make a Madden GM joke here but I'm pretty sure even the Madden AI would laugh at that trade proposal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gendo just tweeted out this lovely ESPN comment on a Titus Young article

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mean, he's not exactly wrong about Incognito

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's wrong with "limp wristed" people? I broke my left wrist in flag football years ago and it's not as strong as it used to be. Does that make me less of a man somehow? :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So the Seahawks signed Noted Rapist Perish Cox. I wonder what the Field Gulls comments have to say about it

quote:

If you do a little searching on the internet the woman who accused Cox of Rape was a video whore/ Stripper/adult magazine vixxen. She knew what was going on but was pissed when Cox nor thomas claimed the baby.

quote:

Girl goes out and gets trashed and goes home with player and has sex with player.
Then when she tells him she’s pregnant and he doesn’t want to deal with it she cries rape and files suit. Obviously not as cut and dry as you people make it out to be. In this country of money grabbing lawsuits, can you really believe everything you read? Seems moronic to me.

:stonk:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well, the Seahawks already waived Cox so this all became moot

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It came from SB Nation

quote:

Pete Carrol and the Seahawks time is coming
From what I have heard they wanted information from him about the niners and he would not give it up. It is a conflict of interest. The seahawks can continue to try to cheat but watch what happens to them come playoff time. It will be a funny sight.

I....what? :psypop:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yes the two-headed monster of Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas. Totally better than Seattle's running game.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The story in question

It's not only gross as hell, the post completely fails at serving its purpose. You're writing a game recap, talk about the loving game. Don't bury your lede, and especially don't bury it with a bunch of transphobic shitthatneverhappened.txt garbage. People are searching your site to find out if the Seahawks won or not and don't care about your lovely story God this makes me angrier than I thought it would.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Stampede Blue is the worst NFL blog on the network and it's not really close.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

R.D. Mangles posted:

That Seahawks blogger is a terrible writer and that whole post was a classic "but the question is, was that your signature" situation.

As bad as Kenneth Arthur is, I would hope that post doesn't totally color people's perception of Field Gulls. The blog's manager, Danny Kelly, is a pretty good writer who does a lot of great Xs and Os stuff, and his posts are worth reading.

I just wish he would kick Kenneth to the curb already.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Jay The Loser" sounds like the name of an insufferably twee indie band

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It came from Niners Nation:

Surprisingly, not a Seahawks troll, who probably outnumber the 49ers fans on NN these days.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Field Gulls comments are bad in general but that site attracts the weirdest loving trolls.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know Twitter is low-hanging fruit but holy poo poo this is the most SAS_flow_chart.jpg thing ever https://twitter.com/KyleRancourt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty sure most of the Black Hole these days is middle management dads from the suburbs because they're the only people who can afford decent seats.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Forget it swickles, it's Sash

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People actually live in the Idaho panhandle?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/693950127182983168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Putting aside the obvious fantasy of Ty Law or Champ Bailey coming out of retirement, how does he expect them to arrive in football shape, learn the scheme in 24 hours, and be even remotely acceptable on the field? You'd probably get the same results from pulling a random fan out of the stands.

• Locked thread