Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I was just about to bring that over. It might be just me but the term hetrophobe just seems like such a disgusting word.

Edit: Realised what I originally typed may not have been a good idea so I edited it.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's a poster on PatsFans whose elaborate offseason plan unironically includes signing Jimmy Clausen.

Maybe the plan is to harvest him for parts for when Gronk gets injured again.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What parts could he possibly have that Belichick's Home for the Sick and Indigent doesn't already provide?

The fact that in the last two AFC championship games Talib was injured and Belichick didn't immediately send him back out as some Frankenstein like monster obviously shows that Belichick is missing vital parts of his evil scientist lab kit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is a point to that whiny statement though. The window provided by having such a great Head Coach-QB combo is slowly closing up due to how old Brady is and at times it can be frustrating seeing just how close they come to winning it again and just falling shy. So really that is more preemptive whining about missed opportunities when the Pats lose their most potent weapons and are forced to rebuild.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

It's day one of free agency man.

I was talking about the second whinny statement about winning, not the one that says that having a less then desired outcome on the 1st day of free agency means the end of the world.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The biggest issue I see with Football players crossing over to Rugby is getting used to the fact that the game basically never stops.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What level of play was he at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

There's pauses every time the ball goes out of bounds, which is all the time. Not to mention how long it takes for a penalty kick to happen.

In Rugby that is about a 20 second pause at best and everybody has to hustle to get into position.

• Locked thread